Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #31
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Not believing it for a minute.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #32
Lyndria
Fort Junkie

yuck. Glad you are not sick.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #33
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Was just there a few months ago and rode that ride at least 5 times and do not remember any fruits in the sand that would be reachable by any riders in the boats. Do you have any photos to prove this claim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
Not believing it for a minute.

~To both of you, thank you! I totally thought this was just a joke -- not for one second did I believe the OP actually did that, lol. I'm so glad it's not just me, there is no way I could take this seriously!

~And once again, as Robo would say, I'm out! Really.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #34
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~To both of you, thank you! I totally thought this was just a joke -- not for one second did I believe the OP actually did that, lol. I'm so glad it's not just me, there is no way I could take this seriously!

~And once again, as Robo would say, I'm out! Really.
I'm inclined to not believe either as the berries don't serve much purpose other than changing the flavors of foods and that's only for a short while.

9/7/14-9/14/14 "Oh God there's the Yeti" PTR

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! -

Old 11-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #35
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

Wait for it ......

Ummm ok, I have my moments but may I ask, how will a lap bar keep your hands inside the boat

On another note, whenever I read 'lap bar' I think of a "lap bar" which is very un-Disney like. I'm sorry.

I can't imagine anything you could easily quickly reach least lifting your behind off the seat and leaning. Lap bar would prevent that. As for the un Disney version of this term - I've never heard it?

FWIW - taking something that isn't supposed to be taken is stealing in my book no matter the value - but far more of an annoyance to me would be trying to explain to a five year old who desperately wants to touch the sand and attempt to grab some low hanging fruits - why I keep telling her it is against the rules but that adult is doing it.

I sincerely hope some of you are correct and this was just a joke.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #36
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

I am not buying it. I am wondering if the OP was just trying to create a thread with people arguing about stealing.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #37
RayaniFoxmur
Don't try to make me sell any more sausage. I won't do it!
I love not being the only crazy one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
Just as an FYI there's some kind of organism in the sand I think it's called something like a neotode. They don't want it to spread that's why you'll see the CMs that are in the sandy areas wearing the booties.

So you may want to rethink touching the sand.
They also don't want any contaminants or bugs we may have on us to get into the sand since that is what the plants are in. It's all extremely controlled in there.

Please don't touch the sand!!

1992 - Poly * 1993 - Poly * 2006/2007 - POFQ NYE! Engaged at Epcot! * March 2007 - Poly * September 2007 - AKL * October 2007 - Our Disney Honeymoon! Grand Floridian, Disney Magic, and POFQ! * March 2008 - Old Key West * September 2008 - Old Key West * September 2008 to January 2013 - Living across the street! * September 2010 - Offsite * October 2011 - POFQ
Old 11-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #38
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

I find it interesting that we have not heard from the OP? Hmmm....
Old 11-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #39
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
I can't imagine anything you could easily quickly reach least lifting your behind off the seat and leaning. Lap bar would prevent that. As for the un Disney version of this term - I've never heard it?
They have dancers there .... lap dancers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
FWIW - taking something that isn't supposed to be taken is stealing in my book no matter the value - but far more of an annoyance to me would be trying to explain to a five year old who desperately wants to touch the sand and attempt to grab some low hanging fruits - why I keep telling her it is against the rules but that adult is doing it.

I sincerely hope some of you are correct and this was just a joke.
Thats one of the challenges of being a parent. When you have a situation of an adult breaking rules in front of your child, your child (unfortunately) learns that even some adults are "naughty". However, just because an adult is doing it, doesn't mean your rules suddenly are meaningless. It stays the same regardless of the offenders age - the rules of that attraction are not to put your hands outside the boat and not to take anything. My daughter has seen adults break rules .... she hasn't suddenly thought 'oh, its ok to do it' .... I didn't raise her to assume that because an adult is doing it its ok, thats how children find themselves in situations. Instead she will question as to why that adult is doing 'x' when its wrong and I will explain to her that even some adults don't follow the rules.

Yeah so its not ideal when an adult does something like this in front of your child but thats life and our children learn that not everything is black and white.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #40
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLiteyear View Post
I find it interesting that we have not heard from the OP? Hmmm....
That's what tends to happen with these threads. OP disappears after he or she doesn't what to hear all the hate from DISers who are worried about what there kids will think when they see a person picking a berry off a tree on a ride. I've been a parent for 16 years and I have taught my kids at home that just because they see someone else do it (regardless of it being a child or adult), doesn't mean they can do it. No, I'm not a perfect parent, but I also believe that other's actions should have no influence my or my children's character.

In all honesty, though, taking a berry is such a trivial matter. I would not put it in the same category as stealing a snow globe or something.

To be frank, guys, no one wants to be called a troll (some might now have said the word, but it was sure implied). One thing I've learned is the best way to teach your kids is through example, so I try to set one even when they're not watching/reading, then again, I'm not a perfect parent so what do I know?
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 11-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #41
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
That's what tends to happen with these threads. OP disappears after he or she doesn't what to hear all the hate from DISers who are worried about what there kids will think when they see a person picking a berry off a tree on a ride. ...
The OP just wanted to rile up the crowd. I'm sure his feelings were not so hurt that he couldn't bear to come back to face more of it.

The OP appears to be more of a hit and run poster anyway based on posting history.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #42
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thats one of the challenges of being a parent. When you have a situation of an adult breaking rules in front of your child....
Heh, we live here and my son seems to get the same lecture every weekend when we go to Disney. "No, son you are not allowed to do that. Yes, I realise the grown ups are doing it. But that's because people are (insert a word I can't say on the Dis)."

My poor kid is gonna be so jaded. Life isn't fair, people are rude, and he understands that already.

Incidently, everytime we ride Living With the Land (one of our favorites) the poor CMs have to come on the microphone and tell people to keep their hands inside the boat. People are stupid to think no one is watching them.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #43
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post
Man, I've always really wanted to touch that sand also. OP, since you're such a daredevil, can you go back and have a touch and report back? Thanks!
I went on the Behind The Seeds tour, we got to touch quite a few things. I can't remember if we could touch sand or not. You might try that.

I did see a 20,000 leagues submarine parked in the back lot though, that was cool.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 11-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #44
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I went on the Behind The Seeds tour, we got to touch quite a few things. I can't remember if we could touch sand or not. You might try that.

I did see a 20,000 leagues submarine parked in the back lot though, that was cool.
Definitely not allowed to touch the sand. I did this tour and the Guide watched everyone like a hawk.

One family gave up and left because their young child kept wanting to touch the sand and it wasn't allowed.

The sand is specially sterilized. It's why the employees who work in there need to wear booties over their shoes.
If the sand gets touched, it all has to be replaced according to that Guide which would mean a shut down of Living with the Land until it's done.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
Old 11-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #45
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn View Post
The OP didn't rob a bank..lol...
Doesn't matter. The WDW vacation police will now commence to tell the OP what a horrible human being they are. Par for the course here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: