Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

New way to reserve Fantasmic! seats: Christmas Week

Starting Dec. 22 (& running thru Jan. 5) you can reserve Fantasmic! in a different way.

Fantasmic! shows will be very busy during that time, so there is another way to reserve a place to sit.

Details just now released from Disney HERE.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Same thing they did last year. Food is different though.
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

So buying these picnic-like meals entitles the guest to sit in the area reseved for the sit down meal like Mama Melrose?

Maybe it is me, but I don't think those seats are very good--off to the side as they are.

And don't you still need to queue for those reserved seats? I've seen posts stating 30-45 minutes.

I don't always make it to F!, but my husband hasn't seen it and so I thought we'd make the effort this trip (Dec 29-Jan 2). I usually prefer to wait with the main crowd and get center seating halfway up.
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW SSR VILLIANS UNLEASHED! Aug 2104;WDW October 2014; CBR/DCL December 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousegirl View Post

1- So buying these picnic-like meals entitles the guest to sit in the area reseved for the sit down meal like Mama Melrose?

Maybe it is me, but

2- I don't think those seats are very good--off to the side as they are.

And

3- don't you still need to queue for those reserved seats?

4- I've seen posts stating 30-45 minutes.

I don't always make it to F!, but my husband hasn't seen it and so I thought we'd make the effort this trip (Dec 29-Jan 2).

5- I usually prefer to wait with the main crowd and get center seating halfway up.
1 & 2- Last year they reserved the CENTER section for these.
3- Yes. But, that beats the need to queue up 90 minutes, or so, on a super-busy night.
4- I'd do 45 minutes with the crowds that will be there Christmas Week.
5- Me, too, but I don't go when it's quite as busy as it will be during your time-frame.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
clm10308
DIS Veteran

We did this last year right before Christmas. The good thing about it was that we made the reservations that morning from the park. We waited pretty late to pick up our food and the went into the Fantasmic seating early to eat the meals.

The best part for my kids is just avoiding waiting in that line or having to scroung for seats later. I thought the location was fine. We didn't want wet seats anyway.
clm10308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Did the boards ever come up with a consensus on the "value" of the meal?

I seem to recall discussion varied from "yummy" to "cold cafeteria food."
Old 11-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Would love to here some feed back.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
clm10308
DIS Veteran

I would say that it definitely was better than cold cafeteria food, but it is still Disney food and overpriced as everything is.

My DS had the kids snack pack meal, and ate it all over the course of the evening. My DD is extremely picky, and liked very little that trip but she ate one piece of her fried chicken and her dessert. My son ate some of her chicken. My DH ate all his chicken finished off my DDs. None of them are big fans of "fancy" salads or vegetables, so I ate some of the sides. I had a vegetarian wrap, or something like that, with some hummus and some kind of salad.

Would I do it again? Yes
We have paid for Fantasmic dining packages before, and I felt like it was a big waste since we can never eat all the food that you are required to purchase. This is a much cheeper way to get the seating and a much more reasonable amount of food to actually eat. Not sure I would want a picnic meal with fish in it though.
clm10308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #9
jedi jen
Mouseketeer

This sounds like a good deal to me to avoid waiting 90 minutes. Any chance Disney will offer this during the spring break time? Just wondering, since my understanding is that it can be crowded then too. We are thinking of going during spring break for the first time, and this thread got me thinking....
Planning 2014 Christmas trip at CR/Universal's RPR; First split stay July 2012-PBH-Universal/CR/Dolphin; Pop in November 2011-just me and DBF ; Poly in August 2008; July 2007 CR; July 2006 CR; Several trips offsite pre-2006

jedi jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi jen View Post
This sounds like a good deal to me to avoid waiting 90 minutes. Any chance Disney will offer this during the spring break time? Just wondering, since my understanding is that it can be crowded then too. We are thinking of going during spring break for the first time, and this thread got me thinking....
They did not offer this during Spring Break 2012. Just in the 2 weeks around Christmas and New Years.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
SUZI
Mouseketeer

Thank you for posting this information. I originally had a F! dining package (never seen Fantasmic before). However, I just called and changed it to this Hollywood to Go Package. The cost is less AND there is flexibility in meal time. The CM did not know the location of the seats (as long as we don't get wet on a cold winter evening, we're fine)

Thanks again!
SUZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #12
forever-maria
Earning My Ears

Did they let you reserve it already? I thought it was only 24 hours in advance or less!
forever-maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #13
SUZI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever-maria View Post
Did they let you reserve it already? I thought it was only 24 hours in advance or less!
Yes, they let me reserve. The blog that Robo linked states "up to 24 hours prior"
They do ask for your food selection during the reservation, so be sure to have everyone's choices before you call.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #14
forever-maria
Earning My Ears

Ooooooohhhh I read it backwards! I thought up to 24 hours meant 24 hours or less, haha! Oops. Do you pay when you reserve?
forever-maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #15
SUZI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever-maria View Post
Ooooooohhhh I read it backwards! I thought up to 24 hours meant 24 hours or less, haha! Oops. Do you pay when you reserve?
You give them your credit card info, but payment is due when you pick up your meal. The same cancellation policy as the Fantasmic dinner package applies to this "to go" package.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: