Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
fireman17
"The funny thing about firemen is, night and day there's always firemen".

Christmas crowd pictures.

Would anyone have pictures of this years crowds? Wanted to show my kids how crowded it really gets this time of year.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #2
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

I can try to take some today. Honestly? We have not hit the horrendous crowds. I don't know if we have picked the right parks, the right times, or what... but crowds have been way less than what we have encountered other Christmas weeks.
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Mk 12/27

This was around 11am

This was around 1pm from Columbia Harbor House, the start of the line for Haunted Mansion was close to the entrance of the Riverboat
yulilin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Definitely a day for Tom Sawyer Island. If you can get in
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

This is the best representation I could get of this morning. Honestly, it's crowded, but not CROWDED. I have done the packed-to-the-gills crowds, and I am just not seeing them this year. Guess we're lucky!! I will document & post if we happen upon any If I did things correctly, these thumbnails should click to larger images...

We went to AK this morning; bus took forever to arrive so we missed RD. No big deal; we still walked on the Safari and my friends did not want to ride Everest The park opened at 8 with EMH starting at 7. The photo below was taken around 9:45, back near the Safari (walking away from the Safari) -

Then this one was taken at 11:07, walking out of Camp Minnie-Mickey after the 10:30 FOTLK show (first show of the day.) Obviously crowds are a bit artificially high here...

Exiting the park, with Tree of Life behind me... note how much pavement you can actually see, it's quite a bit -

Entrance plaza... it was about 11:15 here -

And lastly, the bag check line (or lack thereof.)

FWIW, AK was neither a recommended nor non-recommended park today. Josh essentially stated that there was no reason NOT to go, but there would be better days throughout the week.

I think tonight I'll see if I can shoot some "empty space" photos, just to show the contrast possible even within the same day
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: