Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #1321
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I had thought about going to Cape May, but wasn't too sure about it. I was worried there would be no beef. I like some seafood, but dislike crab, lobster yes, barb no!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #1322
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

What a shame the server ruined the evening, Jen. Some just get so confused if you mix the DDP and paying oop.

You had a BUSY day and got so much done. I take my hat up to you for doing all that. We usually are just too tired to do so much.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #1323
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

How did the waitress charge a tip to the room without you pre-authorizing the exact amount to be charged for the tip? Was it an automatic 18% gratuity that she just decided to charge to the room?
Old 05-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #1324
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I had thought about going to Cape May, but wasn't too sure about it. I was worried there would be no beef. I like some seafood, but dislike crab, lobster yes, barb no!
Gail doesn't really eat seafood and she found enough to make her happy. Same with my Dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
What a shame the server ruined the evening, Jen. Some just get so confused if you mix the DDP and paying oop.

You had a BUSY day and got so much done. I take my hat up to you for doing all that. We usually are just too tired to do so much.
I think on any given day this girl is confused. I love full days. this was actually kind of a slower day for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
How did the waitress charge a tip to the room without you pre-authorizing the exact amount to be charged for the tip? Was it an automatic 18% gratuity that she just decided to charge to the room?
Yep. Both times she has told us it has to be that much and has to be charged, which is not true. if she was good, I wold have no issues, but when you argue about a tip and how to pay for it you go down in my book REAL fast.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #1325
nannye
DIS Veteran

Wohoo, I finally caught up!

I just love reading your trip reports and all the pictures you put in! I really want to do the cruise now after reading your report

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #1326
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Yep. Both times she has told us it has to be that much and has to be charged, which is not true. if she was good, I wold have no issues, but when you argue about a tip and how to pay for it you go down in my book REAL fast.
That's outrageous! I would have been just as upset as you. I wonder how many years she has been scamming this way. I never really like complaining about people, but this one I would have had to make.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #1327
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Wohoo, I finally caught up!

I just love reading your trip reports and all the pictures you put in! I really want to do the cruise now after reading your report

Cruising is so much fun. when is your next trip? A little birdie told me you had some pretty dresses being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
That's outrageous! I would have been just as upset as you. I wonder how many years she has been scamming this way. I never really like complaining about people, but this one I would have had to make.
I know. I am just disgusted with this. So many people don't know how it works and will probably just take her word for it.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #1328
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Interesting to hear of your experience with Susan. We ate at Cape May earlier this month and also had issues with her regarding our bill. We are locals and use the Tables in Wonderland program. She seemed to have her own set of rules for dealing with that program, too! I may just decide to have a chat with Guest Services about my experience. It didn't seem like too big a deal at the time, but I'm seeing a pattern here.

I do want to say, Jen, that I'm really enjoying your trip report. I can't imagine how much time and effort you put into the reports you write. Your attention to detail is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with all of us.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #1329
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I love the picture of Claire and Kadence together. Love Claire's mad hatter outfit.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #1330
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Interesting to hear of your experience with Susan. We ate at Cape May earlier this month and also had issues with her regarding our bill. We are locals and use the Tables in Wonderland program. She seemed to have her own set of rules for dealing with that program, too! I may just decide to have a chat with Guest Services about my experience. It didn't seem like too big a deal at the time, but I'm seeing a pattern here.

I do want to say, Jen, that I'm really enjoying your trip report. I can't imagine how much time and effort you put into the reports you write. Your attention to detail is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with all of us.
That just disgusts me that she is there doing this to probably everyone she waits on.

Thanks so much. I write them to share, but also t relive the memories and have somewhere to go and reread about the trip as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love the picture of Claire and Kadence together. Love Claire's mad hatter outfit.
Thanks. They had a great time together.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #1331
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh wow Jen! You had a full day of running around. I hate the stress of being late because of a bussing issue. Been there, done that for sure.

Your food looks good! I'm sorry the waitress had such issues though. That's a hassle when you are dealing with tired kids. Glad it finally was sorted out!

Just me and my girla very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #1332
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Jen,

Loving the pictures. I had missed a few days worth, but I'm finally caught up. That's awesome you got to catch some of the Christmas festivities. We usually get to see them every other year as we usually head down the week of New Years. I'm with you though I love it at Christmas time, the lights, the decorations, and the parades/fireworks.

Also, sorry to hear about your dismal service at Cape May. I really want to try this restaurant because I LOVE seafood, but unfortuantely i'm the only one in the family out of 6 that feels that way! haha. Is there enough other stuff for the non-seafood lover?

Mark
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #1333
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

I love the Boardwalk area but hate when you just miss a boat.

Wow busy and crazy day but you got a lot done.

Sorry about the busses. Sometimes you get the best luck and other times you can't make a bus to save your life.

That fiasco at CM sounds awful. Sounds like a few people are having a similar issue. Sound like a call or email to Guest Services might be needed.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #1334
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
Jen,

Loving the pictures. I had missed a few days worth, but I'm finally caught up. That's awesome you got to catch some of the Christmas festivities. We usually get to see them every other year as we usually head down the week of New Years. I'm with you though I love it at Christmas time, the lights, the decorations, and the parades/fireworks.

Also, sorry to hear about your dismal service at Cape May. I really want to try this restaurant because I LOVE seafood, but unfortuantely i'm the only one in the family out of 6 that feels that way! haha. Is there enough other stuff for the non-seafood lover?

Mark
I've never had a problem with finding plenty of non seafood options at Cape May and I have seafood allergies. In fact, it's one of my favorite Disney restaurants! Hope you can talk the family into trying it. I did have my doubts about the non seafood options before my first meal there but was very happy with all the choices I did have. Most of the servers I've had there have been really good, too.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #1335
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh wow Jen! You had a full day of running around. I hate the stress of being late because of a bussing issue. Been there, done that for sure.

Your food looks good! I'm sorry the waitress had such issues though. That's a hassle when you are dealing with tired kids. Glad it finally was sorted out!
It was a full day and this was kind of our slower day.

the food was good. I enjoyed it. i hear mixed reviews, but we really had a good meal. Service wasn't so hot though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
Jen,

Mark
I am trying to keep going on this. I am now at about 6 months of writing. And I still have quite a ways to go, so I need to get cracking!
The Christmas decor is just fabulous. I was so happy to finally see it in person.
My sister and Dad both eat very little seafood, if any at all and they both had plenty to eat. i say go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I love the Boardwalk area but hate when you just miss a boat.

Wow busy and crazy day but you got a lot done.

Sorry about the busses. Sometimes you get the best luck and other times you can't make a bus to save your life.

That fiasco at CM sounds awful. Sounds like a few people are having a similar issue. Sound like a call or email to Guest Services might be needed.
The boardwalk area is so nice, but sometimes those walks are a bit long, especially when you are an impatient person like me.

I do like the buses, when they are on my time. I have had good mojo on most of my other trips, so I guess I can't complain about it this time ....but i will!

I have thought about emailing a few times, but I never have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
I've never had a problem with finding plenty of non seafood options at Cape May and I have seafood allergies. In fact, it's one of my favorite Disney restaurants! Hope you can talk the family into trying it. I did have my doubts about the non seafood options before my first meal there but was very happy with all the choices I did have. Most of the servers I've had there have been really good, too.
exactly. You won't starve!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: