Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #1231
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you didn't love it. I'll let you know what I think after our stay there.

Beautiful pictures at the Beach Club and the AK.

Happy Mother's Day.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #1232
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Gosh, I'm so behind! There is no way I can comment on everything I read, but do know that I enjoyed all of it.

I'm glad you got to the AK's Christmas tree. I think it's the prettiest of them all.

Isn't it great to be able to walk to a park, get your ticket, then walk back to your resort in such a short time?

Happy Mother's Day!

Last edited by ronnmel; 05-11-2013 at 11:01 PM.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #1234
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Your really making me want one of those chocolate chip cookies you keep raving about

Packing up seems so sad but I bet the 7 more days of fun made it OK

That's great AK had their tree and decorations up! They must have heard you and Claire were coming and to get ready

I had to laugh at your dad's crocs at least they matched his pants. I had to get River crocs on our last trip because he forgot his tennis shoes and he loved them and wore them 7 days straight.

I hope you had a good Mother's Day!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #1235
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
It was relly busy in my opinion....it did ger slightly better at the end of our trip.

I would love to go again in Nov, but maybe a week later or earlier next time.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #1236
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm sorry you didn't love it. I'll let you know what I think after our stay there.

Beautiful pictures at the Beach Club and the AK.

Happy Mother's Day.

Thanks
I think it was the short stay and having my parents in our room that made it less than magical. and the buses. But we still enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Gosh, I'm so behind! There is no way I can comment on everything I read, but do know that I enjoyed all of it.

I'm glad you got to the AK's Christmas tree. I think it's the prettiest of them all.

Isn't it great to be able to walk to a park, get your ticket, then walk back to your resort in such a short time?

Happy Mother's Day!
It was nice being so close to Epcot.
Thanks

Quote:
Happy Mother's Day Jen!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Your really making me want one of those chocolate chip cookies you keep raving about

Packing up seems so sad but I bet the 7 more days of fun made it OK

That's great AK had their tree and decorations up! They must have heard you and Claire were coming and to get ready

I had to laugh at your dad's crocs at least they matched his pants. I had to get River crocs on our last trip because he forgot his tennis shoes and he loved them and wore them 7 days straight.

I hope you had a good Mother's Day!
I really love those cookies. Something about them are just so darn good.

I was happy the deocr was up. It really made my day. I also got another christmas surprise later that day.

Dad is so funny in his crocs, but he likes them
Old 05-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #1237
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Time for a Safari ride!
We had fast passes and we arrived a few minutes early so we had to wait till the time ticked right. We got in line and even the fast pass line was pretty busy today.

Luckily we didnít wait too long and we were in line for our truck.

We got in and you know how bumpy those trucks are Öwe took off with a huge bumpity bump and Abby just started laughing so hard. This was her kind of ride.

We had a really good driver/guide. She reminded me so much of Brook (my friend and co-worker. I have traveled twice with her, and she has shown up in 2 of my past trip reports). She didnít look like Brook so much, but the way she talked really reminded me of her. The newer spiel is better too. Kind of joking a bit in there and no more hunting for poachers and Red.

I took a ton of pictures on the journey. BUT the sun was not my friend, so some came out, but many are washed out or shadowed. And of course with a bumpy ride, I have some nice blurry shots too.

There were a TON of trucks out on the safari today. Many times we had to stop because of a jam up. On top of that, there were many active animals, some who decided to stand on the road and not move out of the way.

And here is one such animal. As we sat there waiting for the jam to clear up, Mr. Giraffe decided to cross the road, taking his own sweet time. I must admit, it was really neat to see.
Now remember way back on my first day at Animal Kingdom Lodge, when I went into Flamingo overload with pictures. Well now we are going to have giraffe overload!

Here comes another one to cross the road.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #1238
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

This guy was all by himself.

Um, were not supposed to go here. It says the road is closed!

I think this was the only elephant shot I could get today.

Now how cute is this baby rhino?

Way back there is a glimpse of the cheetah, which was actually up and moving around.

If course the lions were not up and about. They are always lying on those rocks.

At least they were awake today.

Here are Alexis's favorite animals .......The Geebras! Well thats what Abby calls them.

And it was nice to not have to deal with Red and the whole poacher scene. This ride had a few more jokes, but also informative. I liked it much better. It did take us a bit to get off the truck. There was a backup, so we had to wait to get to the unloading dock. I think we had to wait a good 5 minutes or more to get there and off.

I had Claire stop for a picture, but she wasnt too smiley for it.

Alexis popped in to have some fun and lighten the mood.

I thought this flower was pretty.

And we saw a group doing the African safari trek. I really wanted to do this, but Claire was just shy of 8, the age you had to be to do it.

We picked up the stroller and then made some decisions on what to do next.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #1239
Pappert
Mouseketeer

I have a question on the tickets. What do you mean you can pick them up 3 days early? If you have 4 day tickets, does that mean you get 7 day tickets for the same price or do you pay the difference?

Pappert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #1240
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappert View Post
I have a question on the tickets. What do you mean you can pick them up 3 days early? If you have 4 day tickets, does that mean you get 7 day tickets for the same price or do you pay the difference?
no. When you have a package, the tickets come with it and when you check in, you get the tickets attached to your KTTW card. My pacakge started on Nov. 11. I arrived on Nov 8th though, so I could pick those tickets up 3 days early and just have them printed on ticket paper rather than them being on my KTTW card. When I did my package, I was only going to be at that resort for 3 nights as well, but I got tickets for 7 nights, so that way I could pick them up early and have enough days for the whole trip.
there is nothing free with disney ...even when they say it is.
If I hadn't done it that way, I would've had to pay for 2 sets of 3 or 4 day tickets and that is much more costly.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #1241
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Hi Jen-finally caught up. So sad your cruise ended, but I am loving the WDW portion. I am going on the Fantasy November 30, and trying to fifure out a way to extend my stay and go to the parks for 5 days afterwards. I am hoping for free dining or a good deal on a value resort. Seeing your pictures with the Christmas decorations really inspires me. Loving all the photos you are taking!!! The safari looks amazing!!!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #1242
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I actually like the safaris with more trucks out. I like the shots with animals and trucks off in the distance.

Great giraffe shots! I guess if you're going to overload on one animal there, the giraffes aren't a bad choice.

Love the silly look on Claire's face once Alexis showed up.

And a lion 3-fer!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #1243
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo! You've arrived in Disney! I'm anxious to see how the living quarters worked out for you and your parents.

It sounds like, despite the crowds, your day at the Animal Kingdom is off to a fairly good start. The picture of Abby laughing on the safari truck is adorable. That girl is going to be a thrill seeker for sure.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #1244
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Hi Jen-finally caught up. So sad your cruise ended, but I am loving the WDW portion. I am going on the Fantasy November 30, and trying to fifure out a way to extend my stay and go to the parks for 5 days afterwards. I am hoping for free dining or a good deal on a value resort. Seeing your pictures with the Christmas decorations really inspires me. Loving all the photos you are taking!!! The safari looks amazing!!!
I hope you can extend your stay. It was great to have park time after the cruise.

Quote:
I actually like the safaris with more trucks out. I like the shots with animals and trucks off in the distance.

Great giraffe shots! I guess if you're going to overload on one animal there, the giraffes aren't a bad choice.

Love the silly look on Claire's face once Alexis showed up.

And a lion 3-fer!
I didn't mind al lthe trucks till we got to the end and had to wait quite awhile with a back up.

You are right, if you are stuck by an animal, Giraffe is my choice.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #1245
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Woo Hoo! You've arrived in Disney! I'm anxious to see how the living quarters worked out for you and your parents.

It sounds like, despite the crowds, your day at the Animal Kingdom is off to a fairly good start. The picture of Abby laughing on the safari truck is adorable. That girl is going to be a thrill seeker for sure.
It was a little cramped with the parents. We survived, but I really don't want to do that again in such a small room.

I think Abby will be a thrill seeker too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: