Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #1036
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

i was a few pages behind, but wanted to chime in regarding your jet ski excursion. I love that excursion!! Being in land-locked lower ohio we try to ride jet skiis every chance we can get. The "Boys" took that excursion 2 trips ago and loved it. So our last cruise my wife, oldest son, and I were going to do it so she could experience it. However we booked it day 1 of our double dip and the winds were too high. When I asked on the ship about day 2 I was told the same that they were all booked up. I never even thought about checking at the rental place for openings on that 2nd day. However we did the stingray feed that day and not sure if grandma and grandpa would've let us explore the ocean while they watched our 2 littlest ones.. But now that I know to ask on the island if they're booked, I'll definitely keep that in mind!! I'd love to do that again, it was my favorite.

Definitely with you on the stingray feed. It was cool to do once, but don't have to do it again..
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #1037
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
i was a few pages behind, but wanted to chime in regarding your jet ski excursion. I love that excursion!! Being in land-locked lower ohio we try to ride jet skiis every chance we can get. The "Boys" took that excursion 2 trips ago and loved it. So our last cruise my wife, oldest son, and I were going to do it so she could experience it. However we booked it day 1 of our double dip and the winds were too high. When I asked on the ship about day 2 I was told the same that they were all booked up. I never even thought about checking at the rental place for openings on that 2nd day. However we did the stingray feed that day and not sure if grandma and grandpa would've let us explore the ocean while they watched our 2 littlest ones.. But now that I know to ask on the island if they're booked, I'll definitely keep that in mind!! I'd love to do that again, it was my favorite.

Definitely with you on the stingray feed. It was cool to do once, but don't have to do it again..
I never would've thought to ask on the island really either if they said it was booked on the ship. But I am now learning that the ship doesn't always know. LOL

It was a lot of fun and I am glad it worked out for us.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #1038
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Jen, I am just stopping by to wish you safe travels and a fun time for your Williamsburg trip! Hope you are doing a trip report!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #1039
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jen, I am just stopping by to wish you safe travels and a fun time for your Williamsburg trip! Hope you are doing a trip report!
Thanks Karin. I'll probably do one after this one is over. I am just not ready to tackle 2 at a time right now and I really want to enjoy writing this one up with out worrying about keeping up with the other. For me it was just too much last fall. I'll see how things go.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #1040
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It was time to end my walk. I had actually thought about checking out Serenity Bay, but I figured I had been gone long enough and should get back to my Daughter.

The family had been having fun without me.

When I arrived back, my parents had gone back to the ship, and I think Gail had taken Abby back as well. Claire had been having a ball and did not miss me one bit.

Most of the gang wanted to go to Pelican Plunge, so we packed up our area and sent the girls off to get rinsed.

I chose not to go on the slides because that’s not my thing. They all got ready and the little ones got on life jackets.

It’s always exciting when you are going to do something fun with Uncle Geoff.

I stayed at the shoreline with the bags and tried to watch their progress, but it was really hard to see as the sun was shining right behind the slides and I was practically blinded.
I resorted to taking pictures around the area.

Every so often I would zoom in and see if I could tell if they were at the top yet.

I decided to get creative and take pictures of my footprints. I walked in the sand, then I made a big hop over to the side and came back and took the picture.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #1041
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After a while it appeared that Claire was coming down. I think this is her splash.

One by one they all came down. Katie tried to stay near the slide to catch Jude but the life guard yelled at her and wouldnít let her. Jude came flying down and got quite a bit of water up his nose. I donít think he cared for it so much then.

I think some of them made the decision to go a 2nd time around.

We then decided it as getting time to head back to the ship. We still had time, but we all needed to get showered for early dinner.

We rinsed off, returned the tubes and then of course we couldnít leave without a bit of shopping.

I donít think anything was bought. Well Alexis might have, but I am pretty sure we didnít buy anything.
We then made our way back to the ship. Geoff and I took several pictures along the way and Iíll post some from both of us. I am thinking that Geoff walked and we took the tram.

I wish I could take credit for the next couple, but Geoff took them.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #1042
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I will admit we werenít rushing back to the ship. The island was so beautiful and we soaked up the views.

But all good things must come to an end so we headed back to the ship.

We got showered and ready for the night. It was Pirate night, so more fun to come. We did take a look out on the verandah to get a few last pictures and watch us sail away.

Here are a few of Geoffís pictures. There are still people on the island in them, so it was close to the end of the day.

It was finally time to set sail. We watched as we pulled out. Last time the Captain played all the different horns as we left, this time he only played the one. I did get it on video, but itís so bad that when I watched it I felt REALLY sick and the wind was loud and you can barely hear it anyways.

I did take this video as we left and itís not so bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQx6k...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #1043
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

OH NO! I almost blew it! I completely forgot my job........... So I'll count down from 5!

You gonna fire me as official smilie counter?

Hope you have safe travels and a fun trip!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #1044
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
OH NO! I almost blew it! I completely forgot my job........... So I'll count down from 5!

You gonna fire me as official smilie counter?

Hope you have safe travels and a fun trip!
LOL. I really didn't do a big hurrah at counting down myself. It's gonna be fun, but not the same as Disney.
I am slowly but surely getting everything squared away.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #1045
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I just want to remind everyone that I'll be gone for the next week. I won't be back home till NEXT Sunday. I'll try to check in if I can, but it might not be too often. Depending on internet there.

When I get back, I'l lstart back on this TR and we'll be going into Pirate Night and the surprise we had that night! ooooh cliffhanger......
Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #1046
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
LOL. I really didn't do a big hurrah at counting down myself. It's gonna be fun, but not the same as Disney.
I am slowly but surely getting everything squared away.
Well, it sure as heck beats anything I'll be doing for the next week!

And if your hotel room has anything larger than a 9" TV, you're WAY ahead of me!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #1047
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, it sure as heck beats anything I'll be doing for the next week!

And if your hotel room has anything larger than a 9" TV, you're WAY ahead of me!
I bet we do!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #1048
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Jen, some of those picture are truly wonderful! And I like the footprint one...looks like a postcard.

I wonder if I can get my two kids to walk side by side and do the same thing on our August 2014 trip? I think that would be a great picture for our wall...their footprints on Castaway Cay.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #1049
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Jen, some of those picture are truly wonderful! And I like the footprint one...looks like a postcard.

I wonder if I can get my two kids to walk side by side and do the same thing on our August 2014 trip? I think that would be a great picture for our wall...their footprints on Castaway Cay.
That is an awesome idea!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #1050
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I loved the shell photo and the footprint photo, but they are all wonderful. I am sure you mentioned it before, but what camera are you using? I am considering branching out to DSLR. Nice cliffhanger. Have a wonderful trip.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: