Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #887
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I don't blame you for taking so many photos of the Dream in port. I would too.

EWWW on Mr. Creepy. Most people pick up a hat or a t-shirt in port. So what does Jen do? She picks up a STALKER!

Abby looks so adorable with all the princesses. Sigh. I miss that age. Well, sort of. At least when I'm at Disney I do.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #888
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Wonderful updates, Jen (yes, I was behind again because we were out of town for the weekend).

I love how Claire stood "between" her cousins with the flamingos.

You got great pictures of the various buildings, etc.

I don't blame you for not going down those stairs and then having to climb back up them.

The pictures of Abby and the princesses are wonderful; you can certainly see how she felt more at ease as she approached a new princess.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #889
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

It's a little extreme to pick up a stalker as a souvenir . He definitely sounds creepy.

It is amazing to see so many princesses out together, but what a shame that you had to stand in line for each of them. I definitely prefer the traditional Princess Gathering where there is one line to see them.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #890
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I love this picture.

Wow! I have seen a lot of pictures of the Dream, but this one is really fabulous. It looks like a floating city. I had no idea the ship was that big. It looks as big as Atlantis.

OMG - Can't believe your niece Abby tried to choke the flamingo. Poor thing. It was obvious she did NOT like being surrounded by a bunch of orange birds.

Your pictures of the kids with the parrots are wonderful. Such lovely candid shots.

Great updates!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 03-26-2013 at 08:45 AM.
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #891
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I don't blame you for taking so many photos of the Dream in port. I would too.

EWWW on Mr. Creepy. Most people pick up a hat or a t-shirt in port. So what does Jen do? She picks up a STALKER!

Abby looks so adorable with all the princesses. Sigh. I miss that age. Well, sort of. At least when I'm at Disney I do.
Yeah, nothing like bringing home a stalker to show my husband.

I miss that age too, but just for some things. others not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Wonderful updates, Jen (yes, I was behind again because we were out of town for the weekend).

I love how Claire stood "between" her cousins with the flamingos.

You got great pictures of the various buildings, etc.

I don't blame you for not going down those stairs and then having to climb back up them.

The pictures of Abby and the princesses are wonderful; you can certainly see how she felt more at ease as she approached a new princess.
Claire is no fool. she has to have protection.
Yeah, I am not much for walking up and down stairs on any given day, so why would I do it for "fun"? LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
It's a little extreme to pick up a stalker as a souvenir . He definitely sounds creepy.

It is amazing to see so many princesses out together, but what a shame that you had to stand in line for each of them. I definitely prefer the traditional Princess Gathering where there is one line to see them.

Corinna

I tend to track guys like that for some reason.
It was a character palooza. I was kind of sad we missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow! I have seen a lot of pictures of the Dream, but this one is really fabulous. It looks like a floating city. I had no idea the ship was that big. It looks as big as Atlantis.

OMG - Can't believe you niece Abby tried to choke the flamingo. Poor thing. It was obvious she did NOT like being surrounded by a bunch of orange birds.

Your pictures of the kids with the parrots are wonderful. Such lovely candid shots.

Great updates!
It is HUGE. Wait till you see it. you will be so amazed.
Abby is not going to let some bird boss her around.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #892
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I miss that age too, but just for some things. others not so much.

You mean like now? At bedtime?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #893
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
You mean like now? At bedtime?
I just put her to bed and she went willingly. But thats not to say she won't be back out a few more times.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #894
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Those first few pictures of the custom house are so colourful. I love it!

Ewww creepy guy.

I LOVE how the princesses are sitting on the floor and have Abby sit on them/their dress. So cute!

Princess Minnie is so adorable.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #895
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just put her to bed and she went willingly. But thats not to say she won't be back out a few more times.
Yeah, I talk a good game about wanting someone little again. But the truth is..... I love that when I'm tired at night...... I can just go to bed. The kids just put themselves away. Man, life is good sometimes!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #896
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Those first few pictures of the custom house are so colourful. I love it!

Ewww creepy guy.

I LOVE how the princesses are sitting on the floor and have Abby sit on them/their dress. So cute!

Princess Minnie is so adorable.
It is so colorful! They don't have a lot of traditional American colors on buildings down there.

Yuck on creepy guy.

I loved how personal they got with Abby too. It's so cute.

Quote:
Yeah, I talk a good game about wanting someone little again. But the truth is..... I love that when I'm tired at night...... I can just go to bed. The kids just put themselves away. Man, life is good sometimes!
Yes, I can't wait for that to happen here once again. I was at that stage with Michael and Paige before I had Claire. I completely started over when I had her.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #897
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Oops, I was wrong; there was a photographer with Minnie.

And Jude even found them and got in a few.

And they found Daisy as well.

Abby was very happy and now on a Princess high.

Geoff headed back to his room then and this was his view.

I think Geoff then joined everyone at the pool for a while.
Once I got back on the ship, I also headed back to my room. I am not sure when I found Claire, but I am thinking she returned after they had a swim and a few rides on the Aqua duck. I know at some point Claire did ride it again with Geoff.

I took a few pictures from our verandah when I got back.

Oh look! They are building my new house!

I think our original set sail time was for about 4:30 PM, but we found out we were going to have an extended stay in Nassau till midnight (I think). When we had been getting ready to go on our port adventure that afternoon, the crew was doing some sort of safety drill. We saw them all over the ship in life jackets and announcements were made to them off and on. I guess because of this, they earned extra time in port.

Before we knew it, it was time for dinner.
We got ourselves dressed and headed to the dining room.

Alexis is ready as well.

Gail and Abby did not arrive with the rest of the family. If I remember right, Abby had fallen asleep and she was waking her up for dinner, plus she didnít want her awake all night, and letís just say she wasnít pleasant. So Gail hung back to get her ready.

I took a quick picture of the girls dressed in their Alice in Wonderland outfits. Abby would be dressed as Alice, but sadly I never got a picture of her in it as she was not too sweet at the time and this was the only picture I got of Claire and Alexis and they both changed immediately after dinner.

We all sat down and bread was waiting for us.

I got my favorite drink, the Princess Delight, Passion Fruit Juice, Mango Puree. It does not have alcohol and itís so yummy.

Gail had arrived with Abby now and she was not in a good mood at all. You can kind of see a little bit of the blue of her dress in this picture. No one was going to make her happy at this point.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #898
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Food was ordered and soon the appetizers arrived.

This was Claireís. Honeydew Melon Boat - with strawberries. We got it more because it said strawberries, as she is not a fan of honeydew, but it was lacking in the strawberry department.

I got the Iced Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp~ White and green asparagus, micro greens, and lemon-dill dressing with horseradish cream.

Rob got some sort of fruity drink.

This was actually the night where he got like 3 or 4 different drinks and when Gail went over her bill a day or 2 later she swore it was wrong and I told her yes indeed, he really did get that many drinks with dinner that night. LOL!

I next had the Escargots Gratines ~ Herb-marinated snails with finely chopped mushrooms, topped with garlic butter and breadstick.

And then the Belle's French Onion Soup with gruyere cheese crouton.

I was happy with all of them. Very tasty.

I think this is Robís salad. At this point, Abby was just not feeling in the mood for a dining room dinner and Gail left with her. We talked to Benjamin about having her food sent up to the room and he really didnít want to do this. He acted like it was impossible, but I knew it wasnít as we had done this a few times just a few weeks ago on the Magic with some table mates who had not been feeling well a couple of nights.

Rob basically told him to bring it out and he would deliver it to the room, so as things came out, Rob would take them up to the room.

Claireís meal came quickly. Beef Tenderloin Medallion - topped with large shrimp.

And Alexisí meal, Mickey's Mac n Cheese.

The beautiful light fixture.

Our entrťes arrived.
I had some sort of steak, but I am not seeing it on the online menu.

The girls got Mickey bars once again.

Again, because the food came out early, they were done fast and getting jumpy. They werenít bad, but they didnít want to sit. I think Rob took them out to the atrium a bit and then came back for dessert.

It soon was dessert time and I believe I got two. One was the Peanut Butter Mousse
Dark chocolate infused with peanut butter, chiffon cake, and whipped cream. (I think)

And the other is one of my favorites. I find this one better than the one served at Palo.
Grand Marnier Souffle, Infused with fresh orange zest and served with creme Anglaise.

Dinner was very good and I felt bad that Gail couldnít enjoy it with us. I did suggest Gail taking Abby to the kids clubs during dinner and just feeding her before, but she never did. I think she felt bad about doing that, but if she could eat in peace, it mightíve been a better option for her, for both really.

We did get a few pictures while at dinner from the ships photographer as well.

Tonightís show was Villainís Tonight. I didnít want to see it. Itís my least favorite show and I have seen it twice now. Iíll wait and see it again at another time when perhaps Skip is along. Claire however did want to see it, so I was going to send her with whoever went to it.
That plan changed at dinner though, as Aunt Mary suggested a few fun things like mini golf and Karaoke. Claire informed me that she would NOT be hanging with me tonight and I was also NOT allowed to be with her while she was playing with Aunt Mary. Ok, I am not going to cry about a little free time.
After dinner, she and Alexis headed off with Aunt Mary and I went on my own way. I guess they stopped in our room as when I next saw Claire she was changed out of her Mad Hatter dress.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #899
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Love the Flamingo pics, they are such a deep color.

Sorry you had to deal with the creepy man.

Love all the Princess Pics with Abby, she is so cute with them. I really love that dress that Princess Minnie wears.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #900
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Love the pictures of Jude and Abby with Minnie! The ones of yo and claire at Dinner were lovely. I can't wait to try the French Onion soup-looks heavenly! Relly enjoying your trip report!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: