Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #2251
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I know a few people who love POP, but I have to admit I don't get it at all. It is too in your face for me. I do love the Christmas decorations though.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #2252
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Make sure you save this one so that it can be hauled out on her 50th birthday to embarrass the heck out of her!
I wonder if I will live that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I love that idea!

I'd love to do that with the photos I took of Katie in the same spot, when she turns 50. But it just dawned on me I'll be 87. If I'm still around, I probably won't remember I ever too the photo!
I know, I'll be 86 then
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #2253
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I know a few people who love POP, but I have to admit I don't get it at all. It is too in your face for me. I do love the Christmas decorations though.

Corinna
Thats exactly what I love about it...the in your face stuff. I honestly love the Value resorts theming much more than the deluxe and mods because of the in your face Disney stuff. I know not everyone likes that, but I can live with that.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #2254
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I wonder if I will live that long. I know, I'll be 86 then
Even if you don't, you could put it in your will!
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #2256
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thats exactly what I love about it...the in your face stuff. I honestly love the Value resorts theming much more than the deluxe and mods because of the in your face Disney stuff. I know not everyone likes that, but I can live with that.
That's how I feel about it. I can get elegant or stuffy somewhere else. At Disney I want FUN!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #2257
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Time was starting to tick down unfortunately now.

Another quick bathroom stop.

And we then went back outside to have a seat for a few more minutes and just take it all in.

While sitting there I noticed a group of people walk by. Hey, that’s Rita!!!! (in the blue shirt). I had done a convention a few years ago and she was one of the leaders and she and her partner Timmy took us on tours of resorts. She must be leading a tour! I looked around, but didn’t see Tommy.

We decided to head back in and took one more look around the gift shop where I debated on a couple of shirts once again. I didn’t buy them, but I did buy an AoA magnet that was really cute. I think Claire bought something too, but I no longer remember what. We then went to go get our carryons and who do I see outside?????? Tommmy! (he’s in the yellow shirt with his back to us)

Tommy was the one that led my particular group and he was fabulous!!!!

We had a seat on the bench to wait for unMagical Depress.

Backside of entrance sign.

While sitting there I saw Tommy and his group walk by and get on their tour bus. I said hi to him and told him I had done this program in 2011. He asked how I liked it and I told him it was awesome. He said he didn’t remember my face, but was better with names and so I told him and he did seem to remember that…or so he says at least! He then introduced me to his group and told them to ask me any questions. LOL. Basically I just told them that it was a fun trip and I learned a lot and got to do new experiences. Tommy asked if I had been staying at AoA and I said yes and told him about my long trip and how sadly this was our last day and introduced him to Claire, who just stared at him…because she is shy and not friendly when she should be!

I sat back down with Claire, who had pulled out her popcorn bucket and proceeded to eat what was left.

Finally the bus pulled up and we got our front row seats for the 3rd time in a row! SCORE!!!!!

Claire’s thoughts about leaving!

We did have to wait a few minutes for stragglers.

Claire sat patiently waiting for the movie to start, though I told her it wouldn’t for awhile.

Here we go! Good by Art of Animation!

I think we had a full bus. I kind of remember someone asking if they could ride this one instead of the next and they guy told them no. I also don’t think we stopped at any other resorts. If we did, then I didn’t take pictures, but I am pretty sure we headed straight to MCO.

Last edited by jenseib; 11-01-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #2259
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We made good time getting to the airport and let me just say it was sooooo wonderful not to have to go and check our bags in, or struggle with them for that matter.
Since we were early, we headed in to a few shops to have a look around. We really liked the Sea World shop.

I would love to go to Sea World on a Holiday trip.

Claire thought we should get one of these guys……Um no!

We then moved on and made a quick stop to see Snow White.

And then we wandered around the Disney store, and Claire tried to talk me into buying something there and again I said no.

And then we went to get in line for security. HOLY! CRAP!

It was insane! But we got in line and finally got through. I did have a few moments of panic, thinking we may not make our flight after all, but we did get to the gate with time to spare.

That is the last picture I took of the trip.
The rest was of this day was fairly uneventful. We made it on the plane on time and we dozed off and on, worked on a bit of homework and Claire watched a movie on her ipod touch (which we have since lost in no mans land).

Amanda was there promptly to pick us up. I think we swung into a fast food place to get something to eat to bring back to her place for dinner. We told her about the trip and laughed and talked a bit till it was time for bed. There was no way I was going to drive home tonight. I had done that after my Sept. cruise and I was about to fall asleep by the time we got close to home. That was too much travel in one day.

Amanda had gone to Sears automotive and they did move the spare tire of my car to the back and put the good tire on the front, at the suggestion of Skip‘s friend. So we were good to go for the morning. I was going to let Claire sleep in and Amanda had to work, so she gave me a key to lock up.

We said our good nights finally and went to sleep in yet another bed….the first bed that we had slept in at the beginning of this trip almost 2 weeks earlier.

Nov. 15, Thursday, Day 15……..

Amanda headed off to work and I let Claire sleep in and I just lounged around a bit. Once she got up we set off for home. We barely made it out of Amanda’s condo complex when I noticed a weird sound coming from my front tire…the good tire. I drove down the road a bit and it sounded awful and I was nervous. I noticed an AAA repair shop on the corner and we stopped in. I talked to the guy and told him the long story about the tires and how I had to drive back to Toledo and was worried something else was wrong. He said my car would be next, but it might be about 30 minutes, so Claire and I walked across the street and got some lunch while we waited.
When we returned, he told us that the wheel dust cover was bent and rubbing on the tire. It’s nothing major and they just took it off and all was good to go and to just drive slowly. Good deal. And it didn’t cost me a dime!
The guy was so friendly and he is a big Disney fan (Had a picture of his daughter in her princess costume on his desk) and we talked about our trip a bit before heading off once again.
We now were officially on the road and I gave Skip a final call to let him know we were on our way.
I kept the car at 55 the whole way and we did fine, though at times I felt nervous. More so because I know I was holding up traffic at times, but I needed to be safe. It took us a little longer to get home, but not by much, which impressed me.
It was good to be home and of course the unpacking and laundry started then.
Skip ended up ordering a used from a junkyard that was only about $50, compared to the several hundred dollar charge for a new one and the tired itself was never actually damaged…. in a few days everything was fixed good as new.

Sadly life went right on after we got home …with school for Claire and work for me. I do love my job, but it took a few days to get back in the swing of things.
Up next, my recap and thoughts of the trip.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #2260
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

One Year ago today, Nov. 1, we left for my sisters house (after Claire got out of school) to start this journey! Today I am close to finishing this trip up. I knew it would take me a long time to write it, but I had no clue it would take me a year to the day.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #2261
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
That's how I feel about it. I can get elegant or stuffy somewhere else. At Disney I want FUN!
Quote:

That's all.
HEY!!!!!! You need to stop posting at the same time I am!!!!

I agree. It just immerses into Disney more with all the cheesey stuff! I was always into that gawdy, flashy stuff....even as a kid. I can remember during the disco era ...wishing my Mom would buy me those glitter tops and skin tight neon colored nylon stretch pants.
I am sure as a 5th grader I would've looked sexy in this.

Or this
Old 11-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #2262
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HEY!!!!!! You need to stop posting at the same time I am!!!!

I agree. It just immerses into Disney more with all the cheesey stuff! I was always into that gawdy, flashy stuff....even as a kid. I can remember during the disco era ...wishing my Mom would buy me those glitter tops and skin tight neon colored nylon stretch pants.
I am sure as a 5th grader I would've looked sexy in this.

Or this
And you would have TOTALLY rocked it!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #2264
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

PLEASE, say it isn't over yet! I really really loved your trip report, Jen.

Thanks for sharing - and I really hope you'll get back to WDW and on a cruise pretty soon.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #2265
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Jen, and fabulous pictures...as always.

We have YET to go see the POP resort except to drop someone off several years ago.

Love the decorations at the Sea World shop at the airport.

Holy cow that was a long security line.

I've enjoyed your report as always and thank you for writing it.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: