Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #2191
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Yay for getting in to see the Princesses so quickly. I think that Rapunzel looks cute. Not BEAUTIFUL but cute.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #2192
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
That was a bit of luck that there was pretty much no wait for the princesses. I am glad that Claire had such a good time. I have to say though, none of them are what you would call conventionally beautiful.

Corinna
We had great luck walking right in. Claire was so happy to see Rapunzel, She wanted to see her and Merida, but we never did make it Merida. I think next trip it will be a must though. I had Janet make Claire a Merida dress for Halloween and we will be taking it next time as well. This think looks like the REAL thing too. Claire was bragging to her friend about it today...how someone made it "special" for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Let me go ahead and comment on the next to the last post before I forget what I wanted to say. It definitely helps when you go to the luau with several people. Because there are some lulls and breaks during the show, having a group to talk and laugh with helps pass that time. I do agree that you would probably have enjoyed it more if you had better seats or had gone earlier in the trip. Like I said before, your food didn't look quite like what we were served. We have been to the luau three times and would do it again.
I have heard from several people that this does not look opr sound like the same food they had as well. I think a group would've been better too. The family next to use were talking away at times and I was listening in.
Not that I am nosey or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yay for getting in to see the Princesses so quickly. I think that Rapunzel looks cute. Not BEAUTIFUL but cute.
She looks so much better in the pictures, which is good. When I first saw her as we were waiting, I was like WHAT???? How did she make it through. Then looking at her a bit better she wasn't as "doggy" as I had first thought.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #2193
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I think Rapunzel's wig would have to be pretty heavy. I know I wouldn't want to wear that thing all day long!

I thought the Merida dress they sell at WDW was so cute, she is my favorite princess.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #2194
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Ewww, I hope he is better soon.
Nice gran Fiesta pics.
The pizza looked good. I just canceled our adr there because I cannot eat the food right now. :O( It looked good though.
The decorations are so pretty.
Nice photopass pics.
Great pics from the Cars section.
Sorry the luau wasn’t good. I have heard mixed reviews for it but never have done it.
Nice photos with the Princesses.
All caught up again.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #2195
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I think Rapunzel's wig would have to be pretty heavy. I know I wouldn't want to wear that thing all day long!

I thought the Merida dress they sell at WDW was so cute, she is my favorite princess.
Yes, I bet it is heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Ewww, I hope he is better soon.
Nice gran Fiesta pics.
The pizza looked good. I just canceled our adr there because I cannot eat the food right now. :O( It looked good though.
The decorations are so pretty.
Nice photopass pics.
Great pics from the Cars section.
Sorry the luau wasn’t good. I have heard mixed reviews for it but never have done it.
Nice photos with the Princesses.
All caught up again.
Bummer about canceling VN, but I am sure you have plenty of good meals planned. It won't be too long before you go.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #2196
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After our Princess meet and greets we headed out to the gift shop and waited for Joy and Maddie. We shopped around while we waited. Claire found more things she wanted, but I told her there was no way it would fit in our suitcases.

After a few minutes Joy and Maddie came out from their Princess meet and it was like we were long lost friends. It was great to finally meet her after talking to her for so many years. The girls hit it off immediately too.

Claire seemed to lose all her shyness she had at the beginning of the trip. She and Maddie started talking like they had known each other forever.

As we were talking, a CM came by and offered to take our picture.

I have to laugh at Claire’s face. She looks scare.

The 2nd one was a little better.

We chatted for a while and the girls tried talking us into buying things for them. Joy was telling Maddie no because they had just arrived and had lots of time to look at things and I was telling Claire no because we already bought so many things and space was limited in our suitcase.
We wandered outside after a bit and chatted a bit more.

It was now getting close to midnight, and if I remember correctly, the park was closing then or at 1, but either way it was late…..
We said our goodbyes and headed off as Claire had one more thing she wanted to get and I said she could …as long as they had them. …..the Mickey Popcorn buckets. Yes the very same one that Abby had turn into some kind of possessed evil spirit over. Claire knew they may not have them and was Ok with that, but we wanted to try.
So we headed off towards Tomorrowland.

We did stop for the final photopass pictures of the trip.

And luckily we found a popcorn bucket!

We then took a seat on some steps and just enjoyed the night and ate some popcorn. I couldn’t believe our time was coming to an end. I really felt this was such a fabulous vacation and now I am a Holiday snob. I can’t imagine seeing the castle without it’s lights in future trips. It’s just so much more magical with them.

Finally we did have to leave though.

We grabbed a bus for AoA and before long we were back. I am pretty sure Claire fell asleep in the way back this time. She fights it, but at times you just gotta give in. The hard thing is waking her. Once she is out, she is really out.
She did get up though and we made our way back in through the lobby. But wait! ….What is it that I see?

They were starting to decorate AoA with the Holiday décor! Woo Hoo! We weren’t going to completely miss it after all.

Claire did a quick pose for me.

At the time, no one knew how AoA would be decorated for the Holidays. I was one of the lucky first few to see it for the first time and as it was going up. Of course I posted a picture on facebook immediately. I really liked the white tree and garland theme they went with.

Joy was staying at Pop and she responded to my facebook post saying that Pop was decorating as well when they got back. Hmmmmm….. I love Pop and have never seen the tree in person, so I might have to go over there tomorrow before we leave.

More coming in.

After a bit, Claire got a bit tired, so we headed back to our room and immediately passed out for the night.

It was another great day with new experiences. We got to meet up with Joy and Maddie, something I had really been looking forward to. Oh the People We See!
And we tried out the Spirit of Aloha, the Agent P missions in the World Showcase and now came back to the Holiday décor going up at our resort! Oh the Places We Go!
Sadly this was our last sleep at Art of Animation.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #2197
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Wow! I cannot believe this trip is coming to an end! Exactly one year after it started! Your photos of the castle are so great. I am also a holiday snob I think. I love the Halloween decorations and I really love the Christmas decorations. I have to get back in December I think though so I can finish Holidays around the world at Epcot. I hate they don't start it until after Thanksgiving.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #2198
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Wow, you had a really long and full day. What a bit of luck that the Christmas decorations went up before you left.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #2199
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the photos with the Princesses (I have found them all to be a bit unattractive lately ).

What a fun evening you had. Thank you for taking us shopping. And great meet up and fun pictures.

that you got to see the Christmas decorations going up at AOA for the first time ever.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #2200
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Wow! I cannot believe this trip is coming to an end! Exactly one year after it started! Your photos of the castle are so great. I am also a holiday snob I think. I love the Halloween decorations and I really love the Christmas decorations. I have to get back in December I think though so I can finish Holidays around the world at Epcot. I hate they don't start it until after Thanksgiving.
Not quite a year yet. LOL

The Holiday decor is just great.....both seasons. I wish I could get back and enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Wow, you had a really long and full day. What a bit of luck that the Christmas decorations went up before you left.

Corinna

I was so happy to be able to see it before I left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the photos with the Princesses (I have found them all to be a bit unattractive lately ).

What a fun evening you had. Thank you for taking us shopping. And great meet up and fun pictures.

that you got to see the Christmas decorations going up at AOA for the first time ever.
I was super excited to see the decorations going up there that night. The next day I take a ton more pictures before we leave.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #2201
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Yeah another update! Unfortunately you are coming so close to leaving. NO good!

How fun does that late night DISmeet look. The girls look like old friends.

I am glad Claire found her popcorn bucket and for seeing AoA being transferred for Christmas. Those white trees look pretty.

As I said before ..... can you please go on another trip soon?
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #2202
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yeah another update! Unfortunately you are coming so close to leaving. NO good!

How fun does that late night DISmeet look. The girls look like old friends.

I am glad Claire found her popcorn bucket and for seeing AoA being transferred for Christmas. Those white trees look pretty.

As I said before ..... can you please go on another trip soon?
I sure wish I could...I wish every day! I need the money fairy to drop by first!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #2203
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Nov. 14, Wednesday, Day 14

I can’t even believe it, but this trip was coming to an end. Luckily I was smart enough to book a flight for later in the day. Skip is famous for wanting to get home early. I, on the other hand, try to make the vacation last as long as I can. The only thing waiting for me at home is laundry! And about 500 plus emails in my inbox. LOL!

Claire was good about getting up today. She knew we had limited time left and a few things on our list to do yet. I believe the first thing we did was haul the luggage down to the resort airport check in …if I remember right. I think we were down there by 8 AM. There was a line, but it was moving OK. A funny thing though, while waiting in line, a lady came in and just walked in front of everyone and said “I was already here, but they made me go get my ID to check in. I have to hurry as I have a flight today” and then she just cut in front of everyone. I laughed and the couple in front of me did too. The guy said, “Oh hey, can I get in front of the line too since I have a flight today.” The lady heard him and then she went on to say that Magical Express was waiting out front for her. UM Lady…first off, ME is NOT going to wait for you. You will catch the next bus. Secondly, if you are cutting it this close, there is a chance your bags aren’t gonna make it anyways. We all let her go, because CLEARLY she was better than all of us!

Now this is the first time I have ever used the resort check in. Typically we have flown with Allegiant, which means we rent a car and go in and out of Sandford. The other times we have flown into MCO, we have either rented a car or have not used a participating airline. Let me say, I LOVE resort check in. It was so easy! They took our bags, gave me my boarding pass and it was just a breeze to do.
I believe we also took our carry ons to bell services to store as well till it was time to leave.
We explored the resort a bit then to see the new Christmas décor and we filled our mugs up.

I loved this white shirt, but the price was just way too high. I think it was over $40. So I never did get it.

And then we headed back to the room to gather our bag for the day and to make sure we left nothing behind.

With a stop here and there for pictures.

After we made sure we had everything we then headed to the bus stop.
Of course we still had to look around a bit more at the new Christmas décor and take a few pictures.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #2204
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We really liked the way the Art of Animation Lobby was done and with Christmas decor, it made it even more fun to look around.

As you can see, I was in the mode…..you know the one where you know you are leaving and not sure what things you took pictures of earlier in the trip, so now is the time to get everything and anything.

Time to move on!

We had an ADR at ‘Ohanas for breakfast this morning. I actually made this one not too long before our trip. With the deluxe dining I had tried to make a few 2 credit meals to try, but I kept playing around with things and I ended up canceling one that just was not going to work. It was on our Osborne Lights night and I just knew running around was going to be hard and I didn’t want to be rushed. I decided ‘Ohanas on our last morning would be nice to try as it is one of the few character meals we had yet gone to.

We arrived at MK and transferred over to the monorail.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #2205
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great update again.
Must be great to just check in at the resort and then go and enjoy yourselves until it is time to leave.

Okay, you may laugh now. I was looking at the photos of Prince Eric and thought, wow - how did we miss all this. Took me a while until I realized that part was not open when we visited. Guess we need to go over there and visit again.

Ohana for breakfast! Good idea. Can't wait for pictures of Claire with all the characters!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: