Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #2146
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenellbell View Post
Hi Jen! Thanks for the advice on emailing Disney Photopass. Hopefully that will get me somewhere! It's getting frustrating.

Looks like you had an enjoyable time at Epcot!! Carson did the Agent P Mission on our February trip in China and it was cool. It gives the kids something to do while we are exploring the countries. Unfortunately, we didn't get to do it this time. It was such a short trip we seemed to be running to and from different attractions with no time to take it easy and stroll around.
I hope they can help you. This has to be so frustrating!!!
Even though you had a short trip...you got to some amazing things....have I told you how jealous I am yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We'll have to try the UK mission someday. It looks like a lot of fun!

We really like the pizza at Via Napoli but we date dinner (entrťes) there in Jan and it was ok. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. If we eat there again, we'll just stick to the pizza.
This one (UK)was much better in my opinion than Mexico.
I have heard some say the entrees aren't as good, but I was going for pizza anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariab64 View Post
Thanks, Jen!

I copied you and ordered from VistaPrint as well. Thanks for the suggestion! For anyone who needs it, Groupon has a coupon right now- $45 worth for $15.

Please keep posting those great pictures! We're going to WDW in 19 days, and reading your trip report is helping me keep calm as well as excited!

Thanks again!
JB
OOOOOH! Now I might have to go looking. I was thinking of doing some shirts ...of course I am not sure what I would put on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
We just spent so much time at WDW and now, reading your TR and seeing your pics I cannot wait to go back.

I just love all the details in your pics.

Yeah for Soarin' - did you ask for front row? We always do!

We just NEED to try the mission in the UK when we go back - that looks like fun.
I always feel the same way reading yours too. I am so excited to read about your cruises too.
I don't think we rode front row. I can't remember now. But I think this was the first time Claire smelled the scents. In the past we were always on an end and we never seemed to smell them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal at Via Napoli. We have eaten there twice and have plans to go back again in May. I know the humongous pizza that you're talking about. It'd take a whole lotta folks to eat the entire thing.

Oh those wonderfully delicious zeppoles! I absolutely love them!
I keep thinking about this meal now. And my grilled cheese and soup dinner is just not cutting it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great pictures on your way to Soarin' and fabulous fish pictures.

I'm glad the second mission was more exciting than the first.

And you didn't stop to go see Pooh and Tigger???????
Thanks Kathy. I think they were leaving and going on break and we just happened to be where they walked out. It was a nice unexpected surprise though.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #2147
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Are you eligible for Interline rates? There is a pretty sweet deal for the November 1st sailing on the Magic at the moment.

Agent P mission at the UK pavillion is the most interactive one, but China comes a close second. The drop off for the golf ball is in the Sportsman store.

Corinna
Not with Disney. (I do have limited access to some other types of rates with Disney occassionally, but they have been few and far between this year.) I think some other places I am though. I only think that because I think I just got an email about it the other day. Obviously whatever it was didn't strike my fancy or I would remember more.
Maybe we'll try China next visit.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #2148
littlenellbell
Mouseketeer
 
littlenellbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I hope they can help you. This has to be so frustrating!!!
Even though you had a short trip...you got to some amazing things....have I told you how jealous I am yet?

I know, I know you're jealous LOL...we did have an amazing trip and I feel so so so very lucky. But I think your extra long trip with Halloween, a Cruise, and Christmas was equally amazing!

After 3 different calls to photopass were someone took my phone number, said they'd call back and never did, I finally called and said I wanted them to check one more time and give me a definite NO if they are not there so I can order my CD. This time I just stayed on hold while she looked. Unfortunately, they are not there but at least I can get my order in. Moral of the story do not trust them to scan your MagicBand the first week of the photopass/magicband test and also have them take a separate picture with your own camera.

Oh, and I finally took the plunge and started my trip report. You can find the link in my signature.
__________________
Our winning trip to WDW and Cinderella's Castle Suite! Boo To You and The Castle Suite Too! Ė September 2013
littlenellbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #2149
Beth D
DIS Veteran
 
Beth D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 640

All caught up again! DIS has been a bit weird for me too. It shows i was logged onto here last week, but i know I wasn't. Maybe just when i was on the computer?

I hope Skip's leg is doing better!

Your Epcot pics are great! I've only been there once, and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't the most happy family day. DH & DM both decided they could do the intense side of Mission Space, and DH puked after. Of course that was the first ride of the day, so it just threw him off for the rest of it.

I would like to spend more time in the showcase, wandering through all of the places. DS was only 5 or 6 then, and was all about the rides.

Jen - where are you staying for your trip next year?
__________________
Beth D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #2150
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenellbell View Post
I know, I know you're jealous LOL...we did have an amazing trip and I feel so so so very lucky. But I think your extra long trip with Halloween, a Cruise, and Christmas was equally amazing!

After 3 different calls to photopass were someone took my phone number, said they'd call back and never did, I finally called and said I wanted them to check one more time and give me a definite NO if they are not there so I can order my CD. This time I just stayed on hold while she looked. Unfortunately, they are not there but at least I can get my order in. Moral of the story do not trust them to scan your MagicBand the first week of the photopass/magicband test and also have them take a separate picture with your own camera.

Oh, and I finally took the plunge and started my trip report. You can find the link in my signature.

I will try and get over there and start reading!!!
I was going to this morning when I first read it, but I seem to be behind all day long for some reason. LOL
That totally sucks that they are lost. I would be writing a complaint letter to Disney. Thats not right that they did not scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
All caught up again! DIS has been a bit weird for me too. It shows i was logged onto here last week, but i know I wasn't. Maybe just when i was on the computer?

I hope Skip's leg is doing better!

Your Epcot pics are great! I've only been there once, and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't the most happy family day. DH & DM both decided they could do the intense side of Mission Space, and DH puked after. Of course that was the first ride of the day, so it just threw him off for the rest of it.

I would like to spend more time in the showcase, wandering through all of the places. DS was only 5 or 6 then, and was all about the rides.

Jen - where are you staying for your trip next year?
I asked him about his leg last night and his reply was "it hasn't fallen off yet". So I guess it's doing better.

We are staying at a Marriott. my mom's timeshare. I want to say something like grand lakes or grand vista. I can't remember off hand right now.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #2151
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,074

We headed out towards the main drag after our fun mission and caught a glimpse of Characters in Flight up in the distance.





Believe it or not, we kind of felt ready to leave. Yes we really shortchanged Epcot this trip, but we had done all we cared to do. Test Track was still getting refurbished, so we wouldnít have a chance to ride that.

We stopped for our first photopass pictures of the day.















Claire asked if we could stop in Club Cool one more time before we left though.



We enjoyed a couple more drinks and Claire tried her favorites once again.

Claire also wanted a snack before we left so we stopped off and got her one. I mightíve gotten a pretzel or Mickey bar at this point too, but I didnít take a picture.



On our way out we stopped for another photopass picture. This guy was so much fun.



He said it was so nice to have some normal people as for the last few months he has been taking pictures of drunks from the Food and Wine Festival (which had just ended the day before).



Then we decided to get silly.





He was totally cracking up.





I have no clue now why we made this face. But we were having a good time with this guy.





And after those pictures we headed out towards the bus stop.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #2152
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 26,924

I love the Photopass pictures.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #2153
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love the Photopass pictures.

Corinna
WE had a lot of fun with them.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #2154
coneygoil
Mouseketeer
 
coneygoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 396

What fun photopass pics! It's great when you run across a PP who likes to take fun pictures or really gets into their photography. My dad has a knack for finding those kind of PPs and he's had a couple of them follow him around taking portraits of him just for the fun of it!
coneygoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #2155
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
What fun photopass pics! It's great when you run across a PP who likes to take fun pictures or really gets into their photography. My dad has a knack for finding those kind of PPs and he's had a couple of them follow him around taking portraits of him just for the fun of it!
It seems now a days you don't find them that often, so I am so happy when I find a fun one. Many seem to not want to take any more than they have to.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #2156
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,701

I love the silly ones!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #2157
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,426

I love Via Napoli. The food and the sights are pretty in there

Luvin all the updates and the silly pics
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #2158
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
It seems now a days you don't find them that often, so I am so happy when I find a fun one. Many seem to not want to take any more than they have to.
We noticed this too. Often, we couldn't find a photographer and when we did we had to ask them if they would take our picture. Even then they would only take one or two photos. Magic shots were scarce.

One guy in Hollywood Studios did an awesome job and we got one of the best photos I have ever seen of us as a family. Made up for the guy in Epcot who I had to ask, who seemed annoyed I bothered him and took just one picture even though he had no one waiting. And it was a cruddy picture too....off center and totally blah.
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #2159
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I love the silly ones!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love Via Napoli. The food and the sights are pretty in there

Luvin all the updates and the silly pics
It is so yummy there! I wish we had one near us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We noticed this too. Often, we couldn't find a photographer and when we did we had to ask them if they would take our picture. Even then they would only take one or two photos. Magic shots were scarce.

One guy in Hollywood Studios did an awesome job and we got one of the best photos I have ever seen of us as a family. Made up for the guy in Epcot who I had to ask, who seemed annoyed I bothered him and took just one picture even though he had no one waiting. And it was a cruddy picture too....off center and totally blah.
Yes! I almost always have to ask for a magic shot. I get a few who are fun or will bring it up, but 90% of the magic shots we got were because I asked for them.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #2160
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,074

We made it back to AoA in good time.
We were greeted with some water art.









Claire and I had not been over to the Cars section yet and we planned to remedy that right this very moment.











Claire then realized she should be in some of these pictures.



Though the area was kind of quiet, there were 2 other families doing the same thing we were, and they were kind of rude about it. One was foreign and played dumb Öthe otherÖwas just dumb. As you can see in the next picture I tried to get the picture without the kid in it, but it was impossible. They would NOT move from the spot, even though it was obvious I was trying to get a picture of the car.













I really think this is the best themed area of the resort. They really went all out.













jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: