Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #2131
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I want to try Via Napoli… but I kinda DON'T want to try it… see, I can't eat Pork, so, it's hard for me to order pizza that I actually like out places. But I want to try that dessert!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #2132
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Oh yes, one absolutely can always dream. What time frame are you looking at?

Corinna
Well Nov. most likely. Probably early to mid. but we'll see how things go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great update, Jen!
We LOVE Via Napoli too, the pizzas are pretty close to real Italian ones - just the way we like them.
And the picture of your Zeppoles made ME drool now! I think I need an ADR for February there.
WDW or any Disney park at Christmas is awesome! We will be lucky enough to catch the end of Christmas season in Paris in January. Can't wait!
I really enjoyed it so much and I am glad I went with your reviews and tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariab64 View Post
Hi, Jen-

Sorry, I'm not sure about the hair. I was just very focused on the skirt!

You may already have been asked this, but where did you get the Disney Cruise Line t-shirts for your group? I'd also like to get/make some, but I'm not quite tech savvy enough to figure out how to do it myself!

Thanks!
JB
I got the design off the desing threads here. It might've been a magnet thread.
I don't remember for sure, but I found links to people who do graphics and saved several I liked. I then ordered all the adult shorts through vista print. I bought when I had a living social deal where I like $50 or $70 of credit for like $15. With shipping it made each shirt about $5 each.
I printed it in a smaller version for the 2 younger boys on an iron on transfer and made their shirts with iron ons then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
So glad you enjoyed Via Napoli. I've heard great things about it. Unfortunately, red sauce/pizza does not agree with me so we've avoided it up until now. Maybe one day.

Beautiful, beautiful pictures around WS. I can't believe you've not gone in ato American Adventure.
I do like it. I like red sauce, but some places do upset my stomach, one being a local pizza place. this didn't bother me though, so I was happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I want to try Via Napoli… but I kinda DON'T want to try it… see, I can't eat Pork, so, it's hard for me to order pizza that I actually like out places. But I want to try that dessert!
Do you like veggies? Or just cheese pizza? It was really good!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #2133
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Do you like veggies? Or just cheese pizza? It was really good!
Yes, to both- however, I hate to pay a lot of money for a cheese pizza and my husband and I have different opinions about veggies on pizza. I'm not a fan of mushrooms though.

Honestly, I'm sad that there isn't a good alfredo. I would love to get a family pizza for the family to eat and a bowl of alfredo pasta- that's my "go-to" when we do pizza places. Do you have Monical's near you? I love their salad and getting the tortillini with alfredo sauce.

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 10-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #2134
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Yes, to both- however, I hate to pay a lot of money for a cheese pizza and my husband and I have different opinions about veggies on pizza. I'm not a fan of mushrooms though.

Honestly, I'm sad that there isn't a good alfredo. I would love to get a family pizza for the family to eat and a bowl of alfredo pasta- that's my "go-to" when we do pizza places. Do you have Monical's near you? I love their salad and getting the tortillini with alfredo sauce.
No, I never heard of that place, but now I am hungry for Italian!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #2135
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, I never heard of that place, but now I am hungry for Italian!!!!
Sorry! It's yummy! They have a signature french/catalina style salad dressing. (Now, we may have to go there this week…)

Old 10-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #2136
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Sorry! It's yummy! They have a signature french/catalina style salad dressing. (Now, we may have to go there this week…)
Ok, i'ts 9:15 and I am super hungry......thanks!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #2137
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Continuing our journey to Soarin’.

I think we stopped and had a seat here for a bit.

And then on to Soarin’.

The line moved quickly and before long we were Soarin’ over California and having a great time.

We then headed over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends.

Claire always loves this ride.

And after the ride we went and got in line for Turtle Talk with Crush. Another favorite of Claire’s.

Claire kept pointing out fish for me to take pictures of while we waited.

We took Mr. Rays Pop quiz and sent the certificate to my email.

We were then let into Turtle Talk and we enjoyed the show. Claire was slightly disappointed that he didn’t talk to her, but she has had interaction before and I reminded her that you don’t always get chosen every time.

Back out we went for a few more photos.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #2138
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Claire wanted to do another Agent P mission, so we headed towards the UK.

I pulled the phone out of my back pack and we found it no longer worked. So we found a kiosk and they told us that they are only good for about 15 minutes after a mission ends. After that you have to get a new one. Good to know. I guess I thought they would keep working when you clicked on it and would give you a choice of another country.
So we got a new communicator and headed to the UK for our next mission.

Again, I took pictures as we went around, some of the special effects and some just randomly, but I can’t tell which are which in most photos. I will say this mission was much better than the one in Mexico.

This mission had us going in and out of different buildings.

The phone booth gave us a golf ball.

I believe later we had to exchange the golf ball in the Tea Shoppe. (Either that or we had to deposit it somewhere else, I no longer remember for sure) They gave us a packet of tea there. We don’t drink tea, so it’s probably still in the pantry somewhere now.

Hmmm……looking at the picture I just posted, that might’ve been where we deposited the golf ball.

This is around the back of the Toy store and the end to the mission. Doesn’t he look creepy?

And then we took a picture of ourselves in the window.

And we turned around and who do we see? Pooh and Tigger walking by.

After that we deposited the phone as we were done with all the missions we would be doing that day.

This mission was so much better. I liked that we had a bigger area to do things in and we were in and out of several of the buildings. Claire liked that we had to actually handle physical things too. She thought that was so much fun.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #2139
littlenellbell
Mouseketeer

Hi Jen! Thanks for the advice on emailing Disney Photopass. Hopefully that will get me somewhere! It's getting frustrating.

Looks like you had an enjoyable time at Epcot!! Carson did the Agent P Mission on our February trip in China and it was cool. It gives the kids something to do while we are exploring the countries. Unfortunately, we didn't get to do it this time. It was such a short trip we seemed to be running to and from different attractions with no time to take it easy and stroll around.
littlenellbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #2140
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

We'll have to try the UK mission someday. It looks like a lot of fun!

We really like the pizza at Via Napoli but we date dinner (entrées) there in Jan and it was ok. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. If we eat there again, we'll just stick to the pizza.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #2141
Jmariab64
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Jen!

I copied you and ordered from VistaPrint as well. Thanks for the suggestion! For anyone who needs it, Groupon has a coupon right now- $45 worth for $15.

Please keep posting those great pictures! We're going to WDW in 19 days, and reading your trip report is helping me keep calm as well as excited!

Thanks again!
JB
Jmariab64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #2142
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

We just spent so much time at WDW and now, reading your TR and seeing your pics I cannot wait to go back.

I just love all the details in your pics.

Yeah for Soarin' - did you ask for front row? We always do!

We just NEED to try the mission in the UK when we go back - that looks like fun.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #2143
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal at Via Napoli. We have eaten there twice and have plans to go back again in May. I know the humongous pizza that you're talking about. It'd take a whole lotta folks to eat the entire thing.

Oh those wonderfully delicious zeppoles! I absolutely love them!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #2144
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pictures on your way to Soarin' and fabulous fish pictures.

I'm glad the second mission was more exciting than the first.

And you didn't stop to go see Pooh and Tigger???????
Old 10-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #2145
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Well Nov. most likely. Probably early to mid. but we'll see how things go.
Are you eligible for Interline rates? There is a pretty sweet deal for the November 1st sailing on the Magic at the moment.

Agent P mission at the UK pavillion is the most interactive one, but China comes a close second. The drop off for the golf ball is in the Sportsman store.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: