Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #2117
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Aw, Jen, if it ain't one thing (or two or three) it's another. It's amazing how we can tell our loved ones our thoughts on what they need to do and they don't listen. But, let somebody that doesn't know them from Adam tell 'em something and they hang on to every word they say. I hope that Skip heals quickly not only because, well, he needs to get better, but also so he'll be in a better mood.
It sure is. I hope we are getting it all out of the way for the rest of our lives!
His leg did look better yesterday, so thats a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I could have sworn I posted a response like 20 minutes ago and it's not here.

Great pictures around World Showcase and with Donald. Your colors are so vibrant.

I'm sorry to hear about Skip and hope he is feeling better soon.
I have issues with missing responses every so often too.
I think he is doing better,but he is so busy right now i don't see much of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Nope. He is WORKING. And you interrupted that. Darn you Jenn!!!!

I loved the ride in Mexico as well!

I've always assumed Via Napoli was small too, but now, I'm guessing it's not! haha!
I know, what was I thinking?
I had no clue it was so big inside. We really enjoyed it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariab64 View Post
Hi, Jen-

Thank you for writing such a great trip report! I was first attracted by the title (very Dr. Seuss) and I've been following along eagerly ever since. My family and I were at WDW last November, and I remember seeing Claire there! Of course, it was her outfit that caught my attention, as it was very "Disney", and I was very surprised and excited to see it again in your report. Those outfits are wonderful!

Thanks for the great pictures, for letting us live vicariously through you, and for giving so much insight into what I can expect when we take our first cruise on the Magic next May. I hope everything is going better for your family, and that you have a long steak of good luck.

Thanks again!
JB
Which outfit was she wearing? What a small world!
I do have a TR about the Magic too (In my signature "I love Comedians with guitars) but of course the ship is undergoing a transformation right now. I really want to get on her again and see the changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love all the Epcot photos.

Corinna
Thanks!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #2118
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

This place was just really neat inside. I loved it!

We made our orders and bread was served. I have to say I was slightly disappointed we had a female server. I had heard how hansom all the men were there and I was hoping for a little eye candy. LOL!

Before long our appetizers arrived.

Claire got the fruit dish which had many of her favorites in it.

I believe I got the Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu.

These were fantastic and I couldíve eaten a whole plate of just these.

After a bit our entrťes came out. Claire went with basic pizza. I had heard they really donít allow changes to whatís on the menu, so we just got her cheese pizza.

I am not sure if that is true, but I didnít want to upset the balance of things.

I got a pepperoni pizza.

I took some of my pepperoni and put it on Claireís pizza for her. The waitress saw it and worried she had brought Claire the wrong pizza, and I assured her it was right and that I just added a few pieces of my pepperoni to it.

The pizza was awesome. We loved every bite. I donít know how I have read some bad reviews of the place because everything was heavenly too me. But I guess if you like a thicker crusted pizza (which I donít) then this might not be that great for you.
I donít think we could eat all of our pizzas. It was a lot, but I know I packed away as much as I could in my big ole gut! (no wonder I gained weight this trip).

We made dessert orders and I ran up to take a few pictures of the ovens.

I guess I didnít take a picture, but they were pulling out a pizza that was HUGE! I couldnít believe the size of it. It would take up a table. I have since been told itís called a meter pizza (I am sure it has a fancy Italian name) because it is 1 Meter long. I did the conversion and a meter is over 3 feet long.

I sat back down and told Claire about the huge pizza and soon our desserts arrived.
I believe Claire got the Vanilla Gelato.

I got the Zeppole di Caterina - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. YUM!!!!!!!!

My Dis Friend Karen has had these a time or 2 when she has visited and they always look so yummy and it was on my bucket list to try. They did not disappoint at all. VERY GOOD! I just wish I had more room to eat them all.

We did have a wait for our bill. Our waitress was a little slow and I had a hard time understanding her and I think she had a hard time understanding English. Perhaps she was new. She wasnít bad, just a little slower than I like.

While waiting to pay the bill the Meter pizza came by and I pointed it out to Claire who eyes got really big. It was delivered to the table next to us and there were only 3 people sitting there. They had to put it on a stand as it was so big for the table. We couldnít imagine how they were going to eat it all. Maybe next year when I go with my parents we can order one too.

We finished up and got ready to roll out of the place. We were so stuffed and it was one of our favorite meals of the whole trip. This is now a must do place for me.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #2119
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We left Via Napoli and back into the beautiful sunshine.

I know I have said it several times, but I am a huge fan of Disney at Christmas time with all the decorations.

I think Claire had to go to the bathroom, so we went in search of one and found one in America, which was the first time we ever used them there. I have to say, we still have not made it into the pavilion yet and I hope to remedy that someday.

I think this next picture is funny. The theatre is closed, but evidently the birds stand guard to be sure no one enters. One looks like he might be a little bored.

I think we just wandered around a bit till it was time to head up front for our Soariní Fastpass time.

And now it was getting closer to our Fastpass time so we headed that way.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #2120
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The food looked absolutely delicious. I believe Via Napoli is owned by the same people that own Naples at Downtown Disney at Disneyland. This restaurant has the same problem with negative reviews yet we absolutely love it and know a lot of people who do, too.

I so love Walt Disney World at Christmas, too. The photos are perfect for getting me in the mood for our upcoming holiday trip.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #2121
Jmariab64
Mouseketeer

Hi, Jen-

It was a very cute outfit with a kind of panel skirt. I think it was white with red and blue, and some characters on it. We loved it!

JB
Jmariab64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #2122
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
The food looked absolutely delicious. I believe Via Napoli is owned by the same people that own Naples at Downtown Disney at Disneyland. This restaurant has the same problem with negative reviews yet we absolutely love it and know a lot of people who do, too.

I so love Walt Disney World at Christmas, too. The photos are perfect for getting me in the mood for our upcoming holiday trip.

Corinna
I wish I had a Holiday trip planned. Did you ever get your cruise booked?
I really like Via Napoli a lot. I know people have different tastes, but to me there didn't seem to be anything bad.

Quote:
Hi, Jen-

It was a very cute outfit with a kind of panel skirt. I think it was white with red and blue, and some characters on it. We loved it!

JB

Hmmmm now you got me thinking. I am trying to remember all the outfits we had. Yeah we brought too many. do you remember where you saw us at?
Old 10-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #2123
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I got the Zeppole di Caterina - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. YUM!!!!!!!!

MMMMM I always get that when I eat there. So GOOOOOODDD Drool- Well I will have another chance in a 6 days

I am another one who loves the pizza. I like thin crust and this is so good every time. I know some people don't like crispy crust but do and even like it when they burn it ever so slightly. MMMMM
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #2124
dolphingirl47

Quote:
I wish I had a Holiday trip planned. Did you ever get your cruise booked?
I really like Via Napoli a lot. I know people have different tastes, but to me there didn't seem to be anything bad.
No, still not. I have set myself a deadline now, which is my birthday in mid November. I have another week leave in November and I am checking if I can get a sneaky Disneyland Paris trip in. I have not been there since spring 2010.

Corinna
Old 10-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #2125
Jmariab64
Mouseketeer

outfit

I think it was over by the teacups or that area in the Magic Kingdom, but I'm not positive. I just remember thinking how adorable the skirt was, and trying to look at it without looking too creepy staring at someone else's child!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #2126
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
MMMMM I always get that when I eat there. So GOOOOOODDD Drool- Well I will have another chance in a 6 days

I am another one who loves the pizza. I like thin crust and this is so good every time. I know some people don't like crispy crust but do and even like it when they burn it ever so slightly. MMMMM
MMM! I am so jealous now. I made a reservation for March and I can't wait!!!!

Quote:
No, still not. I have set myself a deadline now, which is my birthday in mid November. I have another week leave in November and I am checking if I can get a sneaky Disneyland Paris trip in. I have not been there since spring 2010.

Corinna
I keep watching prices too. Mom wants to do a small trip after she is done with Union negotiations at her work, so I am watching several cruise lines and hoping for a steal of a deal last minute. one can dream. can't they?
I hope that DLP trip works out for you too.

Quote:
I think it was over by the teacups or that area in the Magic Kingdom, but I'm not positive. I just remember thinking how adorable the skirt was, and trying to look at it without looking too creepy staring at someone else's child!
Did she have the red bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique hair in? I know that night we were near the teacups a lot and she changed back into her snow white character Skirt and top (well it was borrowed, but hers for the trip. ).

the other time might've been when we went back our last night and she had on a red and black skirt and top. We were getting a popcorn bucket right near the teacups if I remember right.

I often kind of stare at outfits too and try to not make it obvious.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #2127
dolphingirl47

Quote:
I keep watching prices too. Mom wants to do a small trip after she is done with Union negotiations at her work, so I am watching several cruise lines and hoping for a steal of a deal last minute. one can dream. can't they?
I hope that DLP trip works out for you too.
Oh yes, one absolutely can always dream. What time frame are you looking at?

Corinna
Old 10-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #2128
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great update, Jen!
We LOVE Via Napoli too, the pizzas are pretty close to real Italian ones - just the way we like them.
And the picture of your Zeppoles made ME drool now! I think I need an ADR for February there.
WDW or any Disney park at Christmas is awesome! We will be lucky enough to catch the end of Christmas season in Paris in January. Can't wait!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #2129
Jmariab64
Mouseketeer

Hi, Jen-

Sorry, I'm not sure about the hair. I was just very focused on the skirt!

You may already have been asked this, but where did you get the Disney Cruise Line t-shirts for your group? I'd also like to get/make some, but I'm not quite tech savvy enough to figure out how to do it myself!

Thanks!
JB
Old 10-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #2130
KatMark
DIS Veteran

So glad you enjoyed Via Napoli. I've heard great things about it. Unfortunately, red sauce/pizza does not agree with me so we've avoided it up until now. Maybe one day.

Beautiful, beautiful pictures around WS. I can't believe you've not gone in ato American Adventure.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: