Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #2101
ptisme
Mouseketeer

Jen,
Just found your TR (actually from post on FB - Disney Cruising) and am up to pg 75 so far! Hope Skip's leg gets better. We have lots of spiders in Phoenix too and have had friends with bites that got bad as well.

I am loving all the pics you take - I too take way too many photos on every trip always in the multiple thousands (thank goodness for digital!)

I have to laugh about the bag situation because when we got off the Dream last March, my husband left one of our bags sitting on the dock when we got on the shuttle for the rental car. I didn't notice till we got to the rental car place and had to go all the way back to PC to get it before we could head to urgent care then SOG. Yes urgent care - I sprained my foot the last night on the dream and had an allergic reaction to the lotion they used on me for my massage! Spent the last three days of vaca in a wheelchair being pushed around WDW by my DH and DS!

Where did you get the skirt with the DCL logo for your DD? I love the fabric.

Can't wait to catch up on the TR - hopefully tomorrow.

I noticed you will be at WDW right as we are leaving in March. We will be there 3/15-3/23 as that is our spring break. Then in 2015 will be on the Fantasy - can't wait till the dates are released!

Monica
Old 10-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #2102
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptisme View Post
Jen,
Just found your TR (actually from post on FB - Disney Cruising) and am up to pg 75 so far! Hope Skip's leg gets better. We have lots of spiders in Phoenix too and have had friends with bites that got bad as well.

I am loving all the pics you take - I too take way too many photos on every trip always in the multiple thousands (thank goodness for digital!)

I have to laugh about the bag situation because when we got off the Dream last March, my husband left one of our bags sitting on the dock when we got on the shuttle for the rental car. I didn't notice till we got to the rental car place and had to go all the way back to PC to get it before we could head to urgent care then SOG. Yes urgent care - I sprained my foot the last night on the dream and had an allergic reaction to the lotion they used on me for my massage! Spent the last three days of vaca in a wheelchair being pushed around WDW by my DH and DS!

Where did you get the skirt with the DCL logo for your DD? I love the fabric.

Can't wait to catch up on the TR - hopefully tomorrow.

I noticed you will be at WDW right as we are leaving in March. We will be there 3/15-3/23 as that is our spring break. Then in 2015 will be on the Fantasy - can't wait till the dates are released!

Monica
Thanks for reading!
Yuck....knock on wood we have had to use urgent care yet on any trips. But with our luck this year, you never know. LOL
I do take a lot of pictures. I love digital. Years ago with film, I would be so selective on what i took pictures of, even though looking at those pictures I don't know what I was thinking.

I bought the skirt and top she wore with the DCL logo from a friend of mine. She had it made, but I am not sure by who. She buys tons of custom outfits yearly. She was clearing out some to make room for the next batch and i snatched it up.
I am so ready for Spring break to get here. We plan to arrive on the 22. I must admit, I have barely planned anything for that trip yet. I have just been so busy that I can't even think that far ahead for myself.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #2103
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Good grief. Can't we just have a nice boring life.
Now now Jen. What's the fun with a boring life?

Hope that antibiotic work and Skip doesn't need to have his skin cut off.
that's nice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #2104
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize you were doing a return trip to WDW. Cool!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #2105
littlenellbell
Mouseketeer

Hi Jen! It's Kristy (your client who won the trip). I'm finally getting around to figuring out this disboards thing and starting to post. Hopefully I will get started on my trip report once the photopass situation gets figured out!

Sorry to hear you've had some bad luck lately. I'm really enjoying all your Christmas pictures!!
littlenellbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #2106
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Now now Jen. What's the fun with a boring life?

Hope that antibiotic work and Skip doesn't need to have his skin cut off.
LOL. Yeah, we like lots of turmoil and action here....NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I didn't realize you were doing a return trip to WDW. Cool!
Next year we plan to go with my Mom and Dad to their time share at Marriott....so off site! But we'll have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenellbell View Post
Hi Jen! It's Kristy (your client who won the trip). I'm finally getting around to figuring out this disboards thing and starting to post. Hopefully I will get started on my trip report once the photopass situation gets figured out!

Sorry to hear you've had some bad luck lately. I'm really enjoying all your Christmas pictures!!
HI!!!!!! I hope you can get it fixed. I need to email you and haven't. Did you submit a form on photopass, sometimes that works better than actually talking to a person for some reason. Let me know when you start your report!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #2107
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am so sorry about Skip's leg. A couple of people I know had cellulitis earlier this year and they both needed multiple courses of antibiotics to clear it up, but they are now fully recovered. I hope he feels better soon and that the antibiotics work.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #2108
ptisme
Mouseketeer

Jen,
Finally read it all. I can't believe so many car accidents. I'm originally from Ohio but move to Phoenix area 21 years ago. Drivers here are worse and even though insurance is required by law, a lot of people do not have it. The Valley is so large, we put so many miles on our cars.

I hate car shopping too! I had to find a new car early this year when my 1998 Honda Accord finally needed too many expensive repairs. Finally found a nice used Camry but took forever and drove so many cars. I hate car payments!

I definitely missed the Rose room at BOG. Never even knew there was another room, will have to check it out when we go back.

I agree about TH - I think the only reason we ever go is early entrance into AK, then shoot right out to the Safari ride after breakfast.

The only reason we go to Ohana for breakfast is for Lilo and Stitch and the Garden Grill is for Chip and Dale. The food is not all that but can't find Lilo anywhere else and my DS Tyler loves Chip and Dale so he picks GG even though I can't stand it! I wanted CRT but got outvoted by the men in the family - at least I got to go once, but now they won't go back! No daughters so no excuse for me!

I absolutely love all your pictures. I think we take some of the same but mine are still on the hard drive since I have not started the scrap book yet. Am working on the cruise next month though.

Monica
Old 10-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #2109
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am so sorry about Skip's leg. A couple of people I know had cellulitis earlier this year and they both needed multiple courses of antibiotics to clear it up, but they are now fully recovered. I hope he feels better soon and that the antibiotics work.

Corinna
I don't think it looks better as of last night, but he thinks it does. I am not sure what he plans to do today, but I did tell him not to take any chances last night. Of course I should probably tell him to talk to the carry out lady and get her opinion as he seems to value that more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptisme View Post
Jen,
Finally read it all. I can't believe so many car accidents. I'm originally from Ohio but move to Phoenix area 21 years ago. Drivers here are worse and even though insurance is required by law, a lot of people do not have it. The Valley is so large, we put so many miles on our cars.

I hate car shopping too! I had to find a new car early this year when my 1998 Honda Accord finally needed too many expensive repairs. Finally found a nice used Camry but took forever and drove so many cars. I hate car payments!

I definitely missed the Rose room at BOG. Never even knew there was another room, will have to check it out when we go back.

I agree about TH - I think the only reason we ever go is early entrance into AK, then shoot right out to the Safari ride after breakfast.

The only reason we go to Ohana for breakfast is for Lilo and Stitch and the Garden Grill is for Chip and Dale. The food is not all that but can't find Lilo anywhere else and my DS Tyler loves Chip and Dale so he picks GG even though I can't stand it! I wanted CRT but got outvoted by the men in the family - at least I got to go once, but now they won't go back! No daughters so no excuse for me!

I absolutely love all your pictures. I think we take some of the same but mine are still on the hard drive since I have not started the scrap book yet. Am working on the cruise next month though.

Monica
It's been a very hectic year. My husband also had a hip replacement that got infected and then he had a 2nd surgery as well. This was his 2nd hip. He had the other one done in 2009 and then again in 2010 because it didn't attach and after lots of fighting they went in to check it only to find it not attached and rusted. So less than a year later he had the same hip replaced. While I was on this trip he kept calling and telling me that he was in pain with the other hip and by the time I came home he informed me he was going to have the other one replaced, but they couldn't get him in till Jan. Nothing ever goes easy with our family for some reason. This year has just taken the cake though. I think the 13 is causing us some bad luck too. Of course if we didn't have bad luck, we would have no luck at all.
I really need a get away! I keep looking for cheap vacations, but anything fun I have to fly to.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #2110
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

On with our Mexico missionÖÖI believe this Skeleton did some sort of dance.

And I think the parrot talked to us.

One thing I did notice was that there were several others doing a mission here as well and they were not going in the same order was we were, so I am guessing each country has several different mission orders to keep people from bumping into each other too much.

We had a few people ask us what we were doing as well and we told them and many seemed interested in trying it out as well, but I did warn them that it was kind of long.

I donít remember if our mission took us outside or if we just went out to decide what to do next.

But I did take several pictures while we were out there.

I think Claire was trying to convince me to do another mission, but I was telling her not right now, but maybe later and we put the communicator in my backpack.

The decision was then made to go back inside Mexico and ride the Gran Fiesta.

We always enjoy this simple ride.

I always try to take a picture here and it never turns out nice.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #2111
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

And I always try to take the ceiling fireworks, and again, I just canít catch them right.

Once we got done with Gran Fiesta we headed back out once again.

We pretty much did a leisurely stroll around World Showcase.

I donít think I have never been in Karamell Kuche, so I believe we went inside quickly and took a look around. I canít believe I didnít take any pictures. We didnít buy anything either. (Maybe I went in on my solo trip in 2011?)

It was now close to our lunch time ADR and we headed that way.

Via Napoli!

I have read many reviews about this place. Some love it, some hate it, and some say itís just OK. So I went in with an open mind, but I was kind of excited to eat here.

We didnít have to wait too long to be seated, mostly it was due to a slower staff at the check in desk.

This place was MUCH bigger than I thought it was.

We checked out the menus.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #2112
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Aw, Jen, if it ain't one thing (or two or three) it's another. It's amazing how we can tell our loved ones our thoughts on what they need to do and they don't listen. But, let somebody that doesn't know them from Adam tell 'em something and they hang on to every word they say. I hope that Skip heals quickly not only because, well, he needs to get better, but also so he'll be in a better mood.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 10-11-2013 at 10:54 AM.
mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #2113
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I could have sworn I posted a response like 20 minutes ago and it's not here.

Great pictures around World Showcase and with Donald. Your colors are so vibrant.

I'm sorry to hear about Skip and hope he is feeling better soon.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #2114
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
he came in a bit ago and I told him he was not looking well and asked how he felt...You know, being concerned. Well I got yelled at about how hard he is working. Good grief. Can't we just have a nice boring life.
Nope. He is WORKING. And you interrupted that. Darn you Jenn!!!!

I loved the ride in Mexico as well!

I've always assumed Via Napoli was small too, but now, I'm guessing it's not! haha!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #2115
Jmariab64
Mouseketeer

Hi, Jen-

Thank you for writing such a great trip report! I was first attracted by the title (very Dr. Seuss) and I've been following along eagerly ever since. My family and I were at WDW last November, and I remember seeing Claire there! Of course, it was her outfit that caught my attention, as it was very "Disney", and I was very surprised and excited to see it again in your report. Those outfits are wonderful!

Thanks for the great pictures, for letting us live vicariously through you, and for giving so much insight into what I can expect when we take our first cruise on the Magic next May. I hope everything is going better for your family, and that you have a long steak of good luck.

Thanks again!
JB
Jmariab64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: