Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #2071
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Nov. 13, 2012, Tuesday ~ Day 13

Our last full day. How depressing! This trip just seemed to go so fast (even though I have been working the report for 10 months now).

I donít remember how early I woke, but I am sure I was up by 7. I think I took a quick walk around the pool after I showered and let Claire sleep a little longer. I didnít bring the camera with me for some reason though.

At some point in time I had to get Claire going. She is just not a morning person and the long trip was taking its toll Öon both of us, as I noticed my eyes were getting more saggy and puffy each day Ö..but we had 1 more day of fun to be had.

While she got ready I took a few pictures around the room.

This was the bathroom tile.

The shower curtain. I think Claire was actually taking a shower then and was worried I was going to get her in the picture. LOL

And I finally took a picture of the new Disney Dooney I had purchased a few days earlier.

Finally Claire was fresh and clean and we headed out to the bus. But wait. She reminded me that she had not yet been over by the Ariel icon. I had walked around the pool in the morning and took pictures the day before, but she never did yet, so we went the long way around.

She was very chatty this morning and talked about all the fun she had been having and how she couldnít wait to tell her friends at school about her trip. 2 of her best friends were going to be traveling to Disney in the next few weeks, so she had many tips to give them.

We arrived at Epcot around 9:45. Not a super early start, but not the worst either. Sadly we really short changed Epcot this trip and this day we still didnít give it all our attention.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #2072
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

There was one ride that Claire insisted we ride right away this day. Figment! ...Journey into the Imagination. We had missed it the last trip together and she was disappointed that she hadn’t been on it in a while.

I figured it was best to tackle it right away and make her happy.

We had a nice ride, but we all know the old version was better!

We had to make another quick stop.

If we wanted any chance of riding
Soarin’ later today we had to get some Fastpasses, so we collected those quickly. Well it’s never quick because I always get behind the family with like 15 tickets.

And Claire was a bit hungry at this point too. So I told her we would get something here that I always wanted to try.

The Strawberry Shortcake. MMM! It was pretty darn good and it was a nice treat to share to give us enough energy till lunch. Well actually at this point, with deluxe dining, I was almost full at all times of the day. LOL. But it still tasted good.

And then we headed back out after our tasty treat.

It looks crowded in the picture, but it was actually less crowded than it had been for our entire stay, but the crowds never did dwindle down much while we were there. I had heard that after we left it, so did everyone else. It was much quieter the rest of the week…darn it.

Isn’t this such a sweet picture. I wish I knew who the parents of these kids were and I would send them the picture.

I am thinking that I took this picture to get those flower arrangements, but people are in the way.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #2073
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

At least you do trip reports something I could never take the time to do
Old 10-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #2074
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The resort is really beautiful. I love all the detail in the room. I am glad that you got to do Journey into Imagination with Figment. I agree that the old ride was much better, but I still have to do this every trip as I love Figment so much.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #2075
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I haven't ridden Figment since the 80's. I don't really remember much about the ride. It wasn't one that our family cared about.

Great pictures of the golf ball, the close up of the triangles were superb. Very much in focus & very sharp lines, no fuzziness.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #2076
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You are off to a great start on your last day, Jen.

Love the pics around the AOA and in you room...very cute.

Yes, the original Figment is better but this one is definitely better than the middle one.

I've heard great things about that Strawberry Shortcake and keep forgetting to tell Mark to try it (I don't care for strawberries).

Beautiful pictures around Epcot.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #2077
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Catching up and holy cow about Michael. Okay Jen - You and your family have had enough with car accidents.

Have done the Halloween Party but not the Christmas party. I have seen the parade during the holidays and I love the gingerbread men.

Love all the pictures and last days are hard.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:39 AM   #2078
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Awww Jen-I don't want the trip report to end!! Been having so much fun living vicariously through your TR!! I have to say I am TOTALLY jealous that you bought that DB bag! I am hoping I find a DB bag on the Fantasy that I can afford!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #2079
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your last day. Boo! So sad! Do you have another trip to write about after this one? I hope so!

I love taking random pictures of children. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm being a creeper, but they make the best subjects for photos.

Too funny that Claire thought you were going to take a picture of her in the shower. Poor thing.

I know that feeling of getting behind the person with 15 tickets.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #2080
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
At least you do trip reports something I could never take the time to do
It takes a long time though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The resort is really beautiful. I love all the detail in the room. I am glad that you got to do Journey into Imagination with Figment. I agree that the old ride was much better, but I still have to do this every trip as I love Figment so much.

Corinna
It is really fun, especially for kids and adults who still think they are kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I haven't ridden Figment since the 80's. I don't really remember much about the ride. It wasn't one that our family cared about.

Great pictures of the golf ball, the close up of the triangles were superb. Very much in focus & very sharp lines, no fuzziness.
It's not a must do for me, but Claire likes it so I don't have a problem going on it. One trip I took a lot of pictures on the ride, but now I sit back more and just ride for the most part.

Thanks. I often take those triangel pictures for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You are off to a great start on your last day, Jen.

Love the pics around the AOA and in you room...very cute.

Yes, the original Figment is better but this one is definitely better than the middle one.

I've heard great things about that Strawberry Shortcake and keep forgetting to tell Mark to try it (I don't care for strawberries).

Beautiful pictures around Epcot.
I hate last days, but we did a lot this day and i still have a zillion pictures.
We also had another partial day after, but with a flight I am often afraid to go out for too long in fear something happens and we miss the flight, but we still did manage to fit some fun things in the next day too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Catching up and holy cow about Michael. Okay Jen - You and your family have had enough with car accidents.

Have done the Halloween Party but not the Christmas party. I have seen the parade during the holidays and I love the gingerbread men.

Love all the pictures and last days are hard.
You will have to get to a Christmas party in the future. Such a fun atmosphere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Awww Jen-I don't want the trip report to end!! Been having so much fun living vicariously through your TR!! I have to say I am TOTALLY jealous that you bought that DB bag! I am hoping I find a DB bag on the Fantasy that I can afford!
I still have a ton pf picture from this day and the next so it will be a while yet before I get it finished.
I love that Donney bag!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your last day. Boo! So sad! Do you have another trip to write about after this one? I hope so!

I love taking random pictures of children. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm being a creeper, but they make the best subjects for photos.

Too funny that Claire thought you were going to take a picture of her in the shower. Poor thing.

I know that feeling of getting behind the person with 15 tickets.
WEll I am writing the Colonial Williamsburg report. If I get time I might tag on my quick weekend trip to Columbus, though I didn't take a lot of pictures excpet when we went to the Conservatory. And then next March we will be going again and staying offsite. And I am trying to work in a cruise in that trip too, but only time will tell.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #2081
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I guess I tried to get those flowers again.

Looking at my pictures, it looks like we were taking some crazy kind of walk. I think we must’ve used a restroom in this area.

And then we headed to Spaceship Earth.

I remember the line being longer than I like, but it moved fast and we didn’t have much of a wait.

I didn’t take any pictures during most of the ride as I have taken so many in the past, that I just rested this time around.

Of course it’s always fun to take pictures of your video.

It looks like I have a heck of a lot of teeth is my picture.

And out back to the park we went.

And I had a plan. We have NEVER gone in Club Cool before and we were going to remedy that now.

It was really neat inside and I loved all the holiday Dťcor.

Of course we had to try a few beverages.

Now I am not the mean Mom and didn’t play tricks on Claire. I told her that some would be better than others and some were supposed to be darn right nasty.
We tried them all and some were pretty good and even though I didn’t care for the Beverly, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. It was drinkable. (that picture shows the Beverly as out of order, but other drink dispensers DID have it) Claire really liked some of the fruity tasting ones though and had a couple of cups full.

After we had our fill of Coke products from around the world, we headed back out to the park once again.

And we wanted to try something else new.

We had never done the Kim Possible adventure before, so this was a totally new experience for us.

We got signed up and were given some quick instructions.

Our mission was in Mexico, so off we went.

Last edited by jenseib; 10-07-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #2082
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Well not without a few pictures of the tree first.

I loved these trees. They were real too!

Hello Mexico!

We got right to work.

I am going to tell you upfront now. Claire LOVED this and I didnít. I couldnít hear much and Claire was hogging the phone so that I couldnít play along, which was fine, except that she didnít understand everything, so then I would have to try to figure out how to replay it so I could hear it and help Öor at least guide her the right way.

As time went on though, she seemed to catch on more, but it seemed to be sooo long!

I took pictures as we walked around in there. Some of the pictures are of things happening, but looking at my pictures I really canít tell which ones are just random shots and which are from the mission.

This one is from the mission. See the lighted numbers on the bottom of the piŮataís?

I believe there was a clue here, but I donít remember what it was.

And this was a clue as well.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #2083
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of the decorations and trees around Epcot.

I can't believe you had never been to Club Cool in all of your trips.

I've heard pros/cons on that game the kids played (that came way after our kids were going with us).
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #2084
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

NO NO NO, Jen! That can't be your last full day. What am I going to do once you finish this baby?
Please go on another trip to Disney SOON!

Love the pics inside your room and because Claire thought you were going to take a picture of the shower with her in it.
Love your Epcot morning and guess what ..... we played the Kim Possible game a few times. It was fun to make things appear than look at people who were pointing and wondering HOW the heck they could turn these things back on.

Epcot looks just awesome with all the Christmas decorations.

Oh, and I congratulate you on choosing the same D&B that I have got.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #2085
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's already the last day? Me no likey!

I am with you on the phone mission thing (we did it when it was Kim Possible). It's not something that I'd want to repeat but the kids enjoyed it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: