Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #2056
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Jennifer, this is just too much!

Even if Michael was not hurt, the damage to the car and all the trouble of getting it all fixed ........
Hope things get A LOT better for you SOON!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #2057
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I can't believe that there was another accident that involved your family. I am glad that Michael is OK.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #2058
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Jen, we need to get your kids into tanks, and all horrid drivers off the roads!

Holy Cats woman, you need a break. I'm glad he was ok, and that the driver was caught is awesome, especially since that lady went so far out of her way to help!

Here, try this
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #2059
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Update..... Michael told me it was a lady who hit him and they she was driving crazy with police chasing her after she hit him and they had to lay the spikes on the road to stop her. She was then injured and taken to the hospital. We're not sure if she was drunk or what the deal was. He only knows that much more now. But she either spent the night in the hospital or jail, depending on the injuries.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #2060
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Unreal! I cannot believe that this happened. Seriously, what are the chances that all of you would have been involved in accidents so close in time? And one of you was in two!

So glad that woman saw what happened and helped your son out. Too many people just look the other way and don't want to get involved.

It's just crazy...right? I am so thankful this lady helped and called the police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, that is absolutely horrible. You have had your fair share the last couple of months...now enough!

I am so glad that lady saw it and tracked the driver down and they found him.

But most importantly I'm glad your son was not hurt.
I am so sick of these last few months. I am grateful Michael is OK though. But such a pain. He already talked to his insurance guy and it sounds like they will get him in to be fixed immediately then go after this crazy driver for expenses, or her insurance company if she has it. As of today the police he talked to still didn't know if she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Good gosh Jen, that's a terrible way to start off your October. Thank goodness Michael wasn't hurt and the lady was kind enough to chase the hit and run guy down. We need more people like that that woman.
I am so glad Michael is fine. He said he's not even sore. He sent me pictures and it looks like a clean break off the front bumper, so though it's not good, it could be so much worse. We have God looking over us a bit I think.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #2061
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jennifer, this is just too much!

Even if Michael was not hurt, the damage to the car and all the trouble of getting it all fixed ........
Hope things get A LOT better for you SOON!
I agree. I need a month long vacation to make things better!!!
I am very thankful he is not hurt...not to mention the fact that he is a man and a big baby when he is sick. LOL. But I really am happy he is perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I can't believe that there was another accident that involved your family. I am glad that Michael is OK.

Corinna
I can't believe it either!!!! I am so over this whole accident thing. We need to get a new thing going for the family, like each of us winning the lottery. Thats a better trend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Jen, we need to get your kids into tanks, and all horrid drivers off the roads!

Holy Cats woman, you need a break. I'm glad he was ok, and that the driver was caught is awesome, especially since that lady went so far out of her way to help!

Here, try this
Don't come to Ohio anytime soon. We have crazy drivers here!!! You would not believe how paranoid I have been lately with other drivers, I am sure it will be worse now.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #2062
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Oh my! Poor Michael! I am glad he is ok, but what a headache! I am glad they caught the girl. I really cannot understand why people think this type of behavior is ok. We have had multiple hit and runs make the news here, with quite a few resulting in deaths. Hopefully his car won't take too long to fix.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #2063
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

How terrible, so glad that Michael wasn't injured. Dealing with all this won't be much fun. Someone hit me one time, took out the side of my, at the time, new car. I was the totally innocent party, but it took two years to get the at fault's insurance to pay up! Ack!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #2064
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

{{{{{JEN}}}}} Wrap all those kiddos of yours in bubble wrap and only let them ride in tanks! That lady must have been high or drunk. So glad the other gal helped by calling On Star and that they were able to stop Psycho Lady driver!!!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #2065
GoofyWife
Mouseketeer

Jen- still catching up (sorry to hear about Michael) i have a random (maybe dumb) question and can't remember if I've seen this in any of your trip reports. I'm planning a quick two day trip with DS the day after Christmas, staying off-site, but my question is, can you use Disney gift cards to pay for your meals? I've made reservations for two Table service meals for our visit and would like to just buy some gift cards before the trip and not worry about using a credit card when we get there. thanks, Sue
2009 - POP
2013 - Offsite trip
GoofyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #2066
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Jenn- I know we talked this morning, but it's still so crazy that Michael got in a car accident so soon to you and Paige! What are the odds?!!?!? Maybe you guys should buy some lotto tickets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
Jen- still catching up (sorry to hear about Michael) i have a random (maybe dumb) question and can't remember if I've seen this in any of your trip reports. I'm planning a quick two day trip with DS the day after Christmas, staying off-site, but my question is, can you use Disney gift cards to pay for your meals? I've made reservations for two Table service meals for our visit and would like to just buy some gift cards before the trip and not worry about using a credit card when we get there. thanks, Sue
Yes! Anyone can use Disney Gift cards for purchases at WDW!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #2067
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I am so glad Michael is fine. He said he's not even sore. He sent me pictures and it looks like a clean break off the front bumper, so though it's not good, it could be so much worse. We have God looking over us a bit I think.
Yes m'am, you do have the big man above watching over ya'll and thank goodness!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #2068
MEK
DIS Veteran

OMG Jen! I am very glad Michael is OK and kudos to the lady who chased the offender and called on star! It really renews my faith in human nature when people actually want to get involved.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #2069
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Thank goodness Michael is AOK! Sending good mojo your way!

Love your parade pics! I have to say the princesses look much better and more genuinely friendly here than from your last set of pics! No phony smiles!

I understand what you mean about the lights! They are just so magical, and even though the snow is fake, it's really cool trickery!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #2070
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Oh my! Poor Michael! I am glad he is ok, but what a headache! I am glad they caught the girl. I really cannot understand why people think this type of behavior is ok. We have had multiple hit and runs make the news here, with quite a few resulting in deaths. Hopefully his car won't take too long to fix.
It's just been crazy here. I don't get it. I am so glad it wasn't as bad as it could've been though. I think he takes his car in on Monday to be fixed, but this place is never known to be fast and I have a bad feeling I'll be doing a lot of extra driving around this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
How terrible, so glad that Michael wasn't injured. Dealing with all this won't be much fun. Someone hit me one time, took out the side of my, at the time, new car. I was the totally innocent party, but it took two years to get the at fault's insurance to pay up! Ack!
I still haven't heard if she had insurance or not yet. I haven't talked to Michael in a few days now and he is never one to offer much extra info unless you ask. But this is such a pain in the butt!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
{{{{{JEN}}}}} Wrap all those kiddos of yours in bubble wrap and only let them ride in tanks! That lady must have been high or drunk. So glad the other gal helped by calling On Star and that they were able to stop Psycho Lady driver!!!
I agree! I am ordering it right now!
It's just crazy all the crazy wild drivers we have come into contact with over the past 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
Yes you can!!! I have stayed offsite and used them too. They just want your money anyway they can get it. I often buy gift cards for that purpose too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Jenn- I know we talked this morning, but it's still so crazy that Michael got in a car accident so soon to you and Paige! What are the odds?!!?!? Maybe you guys should buy some lotto tickets!

Yes! Anyone can use Disney Gift cards for purchases at WDW!
I keep meaning to go buy some tickets...I really need to!
on a good note, my Mom won a raffle for $5000 on Friday. She was pretty excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yes m'am, you do have the big man above watching over ya'll and thank goodness!
Yes we do. I think my grandparents spirits are watching over my kids. (Best Grandparents ever btw!) I bet they are geting tired of all the stuff going on though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG Jen! I am very glad Michael is OK and kudos to the lady who chased the offender and called on star! It really renews my faith in human nature when people actually want to get involved.
I am really happy this lady chased the other one down. That was so nice of her. There are a few good people out there still. Honestly, I don't know if I would've done that. One it could've been risky and two, I would just assume I should stop to make a witness statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Thank goodness Michael is AOK! Sending good mojo your way!

Love your parade pics! I have to say the princesses look much better and more genuinely friendly here than from your last set of pics! No phony smiles!

I understand what you mean about the lights! They are just so magical, and even though the snow is fake, it's really cool trickery!
I need all the good mojo I can get.

What do you mean fake snow??? Surely you jest!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: