Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #1966
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Rolls arrived.

We had a roll and then we set off to look in the West Wing. The dessert trolley was sitting right there.

I have heard this picture turns to beast, but we never saw it change while we were in there.

It was kind of hard to get a picture of the rose. You cannot get one if you use a flash.

See, this is a flash…no rose in there.

Back to the Ballroom

And the door to what I think is called the Rose room was closed, but we saw others going in, so we went in as well.

I believe this area is for the quick serve meals.

I really liked this room.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #1967
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

As you can see, this room had better lighting, so I got quite a few more pictures.

Then we headed back into the Ballroom again and we walked over by the falling snow window to have a better look.

This was a testing phase and service was VERY slow. I didn’t complain though, as I was happy to be able to have a chance to try it out and I knew they were trying to work the kinks out.
Food finally did arrive.
Claire’s steak.

And her fries.

The steak had good flavor, but it was a bit too thin and a little fatty. She loved it though. The fries were great and sadly I heard they did away with these and are now serving just basic fries.

My soup.

It was very good, but nothing over the top in the way of French Onion soup, but I enjoyed it.

Our waitress brought out the dessert trolley and we chose what we wanted.

Here is Claire’s Strawberry cream cheese cupcake.

And my chocolate cream puff.

Her cupcake was awesome, but she could only eat a little bit as she was so full. I couldn’t finish it off for her either sadly. My cream puff was good, but a bit too much. Very rich and I was good with just a few bites. Not to mention this was our 2nd meal of the evening and we were already making pigs of ourselves.

Our waitress kindly took a picture of us.

It did take a while to get the bill and I did get a little antsy about that. I was missing party time as it was and now that we had tried the place we were ready to leave and try some more new things.

Of course we had to make a bathroom stop on the way out.

And I took a picture of now what is referred to as the Prince with no pants. Seriously, look at it! It looks like he is naked from the waist down.

And back out to New Fantasyland we went. We had a mission of one other thing to do before we headed back to the party.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #1968
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am glad that you managed to get a second dinner at Be Our Guest. I did lunch there last year and loved sitting in the Rose Gallery. This is the prettiest of the three rooms in my opinion.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #1969
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am glad that you managed to get a second dinner at Be Our Guest. I did lunch there last year and loved sitting in the Rose Gallery. This is the prettiest of the three rooms in my opinion.

Corinna
I liked it best too, but probably because it had the best lighting!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #1970
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You did pretty good with pictures at Be Our Guest It is very hard to get them in there. I have yet to see the Rose room so happy to see your pictures of that room. The one picture with the slashes does turn to the Beast...we saw it a couple of times the first time I ate there and we were seated in the Wet Wing. Since it was a trial run, I am assuming they weren't yet doing the pictures with the Beast?
Old 09-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #1971
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You did pretty good with pictures at Be Our Guest It is very hard to get them in there. I have yet to see the Rose room so happy to see your pictures of that room. The one picture with the slashes does turn to the Beast...we saw it a couple of times the first time I ate there and we were seated in the Wet Wing. Since it was a trial run, I am assuming they weren't yet doing the pictures with the Beast?
My friend Carey, who was there the same saw the picture change and she got a picture too. I was so jealous!
yes, during the test phase Beast did not come out or meet with anyone.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #1972
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Those tables are fun in Pinocchio’s to eat at.
Nice pics from Belle’s. We passed on it but maybe next time we will try it.
The Prince doesn’t look naked but like he has a diaper on. LOL
All caught up.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #1973
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Great update! Looks like you two were having a great time tonight! Don't know if I'll ever get there for the tea or dinner at BOG. Or at least until DS gets older and we travel again without him. It's not quite an 8 year old boy's idea of fun right now...
Old 09-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #1974
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

We ate lunch there last week. I had FP for lunch & preordered our food, the onion soup & the turkey sandwich. DH & I split the food. Jen you were right about the soup, good, but nothing special. The turkey sandwich was at least sliced off a real bird, not deli style. It was ok, but better than the cold cut version.

You certainly got some great pictures especially since its so dark in there. We ate in the West Wing, got a photo of the rose. Saw the portrait change several times, lightning would flash then portrait would change.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #1975
vleeth
I heart Disney

I started reading your trip report last week and finished this morning. We have FP+ scheduled for Belle, and this will probably be the only time we do it. It looks cute. What did Claire think of it?
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #1976
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Those tables are fun in Pinocchio’s to eat at.
Nice pics from Belle’s. We passed on it but maybe next time we will try it.
The Prince doesn’t look naked but like he has a diaper on. LOL
All caught up.
I want to sit there one of these days.
LOL. It does look a bit like a diaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Great update! Looks like you two were having a great time tonight! Don't know if I'll ever get there for the tea or dinner at BOG. Or at least until DS gets older and we travel again without him. It's not quite an 8 year old boy's idea of fun right now...
Well there is Beast there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
We ate lunch there last week. I had FP for lunch & preordered our food, the onion soup & the turkey sandwich. DH & I split the food. Jen you were right about the soup, good, but nothing special. The turkey sandwich was at least sliced off a real bird, not deli style. It was ok, but better than the cold cut version.

You certainly got some great pictures especially since its so dark in there. We ate in the West Wing, got a photo of the rose. Saw the portrait change several times, lightning would flash then portrait would change.
I want to try lunch there too. Just to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I started reading your trip report last week and finished this morning. We have FP+ scheduled for Belle, and this will probably be the only time we do it. It looks cute. What did Claire think of it?
Claire loved it...of course!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #1977
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

The Prince with No Pants! Ha!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #1979
francis6306
DIS Veteran

OMG! He does look pantless!!! HAHA!

That is too bad that they have changed the fries… My girls got the veggies with their meal, but Corey got the fries. They were tasty! I'd like to test how wide the area for those little beepers is one day!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #1980
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
OMG! He does look pantless!!! HAHA!

That is too bad that they have changed the fries… My girls got the veggies with their meal, but Corey got the fries. They were tasty! I'd like to test how wide the area for those little beepers is one day!
Isn't it funny?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: