Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #1906
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yay for a brand spanking new car and the end of a headache! Lucky for me, John doesn't settle for just any old car and I ended up with something that we both liked. I'm so excited for you! You need to post a picture so we can see it.
Once Tom gets here (yeah Skip named the car already...Tom Cruze ) then i will take pictures and post them.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #1907
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Once Tom gets here (yeah Skip named the car already...Tom Cruze ) then i will take pictures and post them.
That's hilarious! It sounds like Skip is excited too. We haven't thought about naming John's truck yet. I hadn't realized that until just now. We have my "Scar" and Hunter now drives the "Doom Buggy". Now, I'm wondering what we need to name John's truck. It's big and bad so maybe "Beast".

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 09-04-2013 at 01:01 PM.
mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #1908
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am glad that you are finally getting a new card and that you found something you both could agree on.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #1909
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh, that is SERIOUSLY funny!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #1910
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

CONGRATS !!!!!!! So glad the car drama is over and you got something you like and can enjoy.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #1911
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
That's hilarious! It sounds like Skip is excited too. We haven't thought about naming John's truck yet. I hadn't realized that until just now. We have my "Scar" and Hunter now drives the "Doom Buggy". Now, I'm wondering what we need to name John's truck. It's big and bad so maybe "Beast".
I think he is sort of excited. It didn't come today and he called and asked and they said probably tomorrow sometime and he told them to call him as soon as it came in. I told him I am the first to drive it because he never drives anyways.
Yes, you need to get a name for that truck. Stud muffin would fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am glad that you are finally getting a new card and that you found something you both could agree on.

Corinna
I am happy too. And a little shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Oh, that is SERIOUSLY funny!
he kept calling it Tom last night, and I was like why are you calling thiscar Tom...and then he said... you know Tom Cruise? OOOOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
CONGRATS !!!!!!! So glad the car drama is over and you got something you like and can enjoy.
Thanks. I am so thankful to have it over. now I wish the dang thing would hurry up and get here!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #1912
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Hooray for a brand new car (and new car smell!)

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #1913
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Congrats! I feel your pain now. I was rearended Friday night and rammed into another car ahead of me and the insurance company called me tonight to tell me my Jeep is indeed totaled. I get to go car shopping this weekend...at least I don't have a Skip to deal with.

Jill in CO
Old 09-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #1914
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the new car, my DH keeps pushing a Cruze at me, but no way do I want that car. I would really like to have another Pontiac, but can't as they aren't made anymore. I now have a 2001 Firebird w/ t- tops & her name is Eleanor! I really want a convertible & I too love red cars. Mine is sunset orange.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #1915
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Congrats on the new car, my DH keeps pushing a Cruze at me, but no way do I want that car. I would really like to have another Pontiac, but can't as they aren't made anymore. I now have a 2001 Firebird w/ t- tops & her name is Eleanor! I really want a convertible & I too love red cars. Mine is sunset orange.
I just painted my Mustang convertible red. It's so much fun!

Jill in CO
Old 09-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #1916
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Hooray for a brand new car (and new car smell!)
The new car smell is pretty exciting!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #1917
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Congrats! I feel your pain now. I was rearended Friday night and rammed into another car ahead of me and the insurance company called me tonight to tell me my Jeep is indeed totaled. I get to go car shopping this weekend...at least I don't have a Skip to deal with.

Jill in CO
Oh no! It sucks, doesn't it. Car shopping can be fun if you know what you want and don't have someone telling you no every step of the way. I hope to have the felling some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
LOL. The Cruze is a smaller car. In fact my Dad said, why didn't you get a Malibu? It's a bit bigger. Well Dad it also has a bigger price tag and my husband is the one paying it.
He should know by now my husband likes to spend as little money as possible.

Skip said he was talking to his buddies last night and they all agreed that he was smart not to get the impala. Well he wasn't smart at all. I was the smart one.
We found out his one friends wife also drives a Cruze and she likes it, so thats a plus.
I would love a convertible! I always wanted one, but it's just not practical for me right now. (though I did look at a few) The 2 door thing would be harder to get Claire in and out. I don't think she has ever ridden in a 2 door car. LOL I had 2 door cars with Paige and Michael growing up and managed, but now after having a 4 door car I really like it so much better with kids.
And the wind would bother Claire, so I wouldn't get to take the top down too often without hearing complaints. Maybe after she is grown and out the door. Hopefully this car will last 10 years, which will make Claire 18 and then I can look for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I just painted my Mustang convertible red. It's so much fun!

Jill in CO
How fun! I do love a red car!!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #1918
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the new car.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #1919
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Congrats on the new car.
Thanks Kathy. I am not sure if it is my computer or not, but it is showing a mega huge signature box (And it won't show me what it actually is) for you and makes me have to scroll across very far to find the quote box. This is my craptop, so I need to look on my desktop and see if it's just the crap top or if you have something mega huge in your signature.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #1920
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the new car! I have seen a lot of the Cruze around and it is a nice one. I am partial to Chevys, I have had 2 Cavaliers and I am now in an Equinox. They have been pretty reliable for me. I have a car color too and it is Blue, I have always had a blue car until the one I just traded in (which was silver). I am so glad to be back in a blue car again! LOL

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: