Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #1891
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We had made our orders and soon food started to come out.
I got the Rock Shrimp Cocktail - rock shrimp with tomato marmalade. It is pretty decent tasting. Not fabulous, but I think it tasted better this time around compared to the last time I had it.

Claire got the cheese and grapes. She really doesn’t eat plain cheese, so I nibbled at that. I should’ve just asked if she could have all grapes.

Claire chose chicken nuggets for her entrée ….big surprise there.

I believe I had the Roasted Beef Tenderloin - Sliced Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Duchess Potatoes, Asparagus, and a Chasseur Sauce. I am thinking I asked for no sauce, as last time I had it I found it pretty nasty.

The food was definitely better this time around, but still not as good as the first time we came. I wish they would bring that menu back. It was so much better.

Soon it was time for the wishing ceremony.

She really gets into this.

Close your eyes tight to be sure the wish sticks!

And Snow came twirling by then.

This is an attractive pose.

Time for dessert! Claire chose the decorate your cupcake.

I don’t remember exactly what mine was. I think it was a seasonal dessert and I think it was some sort of pumpkin cheesecake.

Claire really put a lot of time and effort in her cupcake decorating.

And knowing her, she probably only took one bite, or licked off the frosting.

So where are the characters? Yeah, we were wondering too. We actually were close to done eating before any made it to our table.
First up,…Snow White.

And then Jasmine.

I used to have a stomach like that. Claire ruined my body. I looked great after Michael, Paige took a toll, but I popped back decently…after Claire nothing has been the same. LOL.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #1892
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I agree with you about Cinderellas smile. It looks forced or pained.

I'm excited that we'll get 2 shots at CRT because of our party of 5. Each girl will get one.

I'm scared to do lunch or dinner there! If the foods bad it's such a waste! For us, breakfast is kinda hard to really screw up, and with it being all you can eat, it at least fills you for the day.

Kadence loves Claire's wish face, and of course thinks the wand up the nose is awesome.

Claire looks pretty radiant in her pictures, must have been a very happy girl!

How's the car stuff coming?
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #1893
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I'm going to have to agree on the Cinderella assessment. Very pretty girl, but that smile just isn't working for me. I think it's partly her eyes too. She looks startled or something.

I agree CRT has not been as magical for us as it was back in the day. I do think it's all about efficiency these days. Sadly. My favorite visit ever was our very first. Maybe it's just never the same after that? But I'll still keep going back of course!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #1894
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I think I need to get a new ticker. I have noticed that my ticker says 210 days...for about a week now. I tried to make a new one yesterday in the same style and then it came up at 163 days till....which is also wrong. I guess I'll have to try a different style.
I had the same problem. Mine kept getting stuck for 10 days at a time so I changed it yesterday.

I am glad that the meal at CRT was better than the last time, but what a shame that the characters were all bunched together. Cinderella is not a hit with me either. I actually think the problem is not her smile, but the horrible lipstick that she is wearing.

I never noticed the Christmas decorations on the outside of the castle. I have to check them out this time round.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #1895
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Glad to hear she is out of the hospital. Will be thinking of them all.
OMG! How horrible to have another accident. What an idiot that guy was behind you. Glad all was okay.

Great Disney updates and pics.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #1896
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I've never eaten in the castle. I always wanted to but River and I are so picky I don't think we would eat hardly anything and its just not worth it for the money to me. It looks very pretty in there from your pictures.

I remember having a stomach like that too. Once I hit 45 it was gone I miss it
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #1897
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure I didn't have a stomach like that at TWENTY!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #1898
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I agree with you about Cinderellas smile. It looks forced or pained.

I'm excited that we'll get 2 shots at CRT because of our party of 5. Each girl will get one.

I'm scared to do lunch or dinner there! If the foods bad it's such a waste! For us, breakfast is kinda hard to really screw up, and with it being all you can eat, it at least fills you for the day.

Kadence loves Claire's wish face, and of course thinks the wand up the nose is awesome.

Claire looks pretty radiant in her pictures, must have been a very happy girl!

How's the car stuff coming?
She does look pained. She has some freaky smile eyes.
I have looked at the lunch menu and it does not look good at all. Really the whole experience is a rip off but people want to eat in the castle and they can get away with it.

Well the car stuff is causing me so much anxiety. Let just say it's 5:45 AM and I have been up almost an hour already. I am so sick and tired of hearing is stupid reasonings. I have a feeling by the end of today I will be the owner of a high milage car that I do not want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I'm going to have to agree on the Cinderella assessment. Very pretty girl, but that smile just isn't working for me. I think it's partly her eyes too. She looks startled or something.

I agree CRT has not been as magical for us as it was back in the day. I do think it's all about efficiency these days. Sadly. My favorite visit ever was our very first. Maybe it's just never the same after that? But I'll still keep going back of course!
Her eyes are really weird.
CRT used to have so much better food and now it's just OK. In my opinion you are paying for location and characters and food is an after thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I had the same problem. Mine kept getting stuck for 10 days at a time so I changed it yesterday.

I am glad that the meal at CRT was better than the last time, but what a shame that the characters were all bunched together. Cinderella is not a hit with me either. I actually think the problem is not her smile, but the horrible lipstick that she is wearing.

I never noticed the Christmas decorations on the outside of the castle. I have to check them out this time round.

Corinna
I tried changing it and it still had the wrong amount of time. I guess I'll have to look at another supplier.

I was so in love with the decorations all over the park. I hope to make it back over a Christams season again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Glad to hear she is out of the hospital. Will be thinking of them all.
OMG! How horrible to have another accident. What an idiot that guy was behind you. Glad all was okay.

Great Disney updates and pics.
Thanks Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I've never eaten in the castle. I always wanted to but River and I are so picky I don't think we would eat hardly anything and its just not worth it for the money to me. It looks very pretty in there from your pictures.

I remember having a stomach like that too. Once I hit 45 it was gone I miss it
I hit 35 and mine was gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I'm pretty sure I didn't have a stomach like that at TWENTY!
That used to be my best feature. I always had ugly legs and a big booty, but flat stomach. Now it's all gone to pot.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #1899
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Cinderella has that "hurry up and take the picture" smile. You'd think that she'd have a pretty smile down to a science 'cause you know that she takes a lot of them every day.

Maybe we should have eaten at the castle way back when instead of thinking about it now. The characters have no appeal to us and, unfortunately, a lot of the reviews aren't that great any more.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #1900
Beth D
DIS Veteran

YOu had typed it, but I was thinking it! She was not a good smiler! I agree, it's something with her pointy inward eyes! Put short reddish dark hair on her, and she looks just like my co-workers witchy wife!

Love the pic with the mice hidden up there! Too cute!

Good luck with the car & Skip. Thank goodness DH would never push me to something i didn't want!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #1901
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Cinderella has that "hurry up and take the picture" smile. You'd think that she'd have a pretty smile down to a science 'cause you know that she takes a lot of them every day.

Maybe we should have eaten at the castle way back when instead of thinking about it now. The characters have no appeal to us and, unfortunately, a lot of the reviews aren't that great any more.
She does! I know they have classes on everything about being a princess, so you would think they taught her how to smile right.
The castle food really has gone down hill. Now this time was better than in 2011, but still not great. And I saved myself by ordering my meat without the sauce too. Sauce does not make everything better, but sometimes I think Disney thinks it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
YOu had typed it, but I was thinking it! She was not a good smiler! I agree, it's something with her pointy inward eyes! Put short reddish dark hair on her, and she looks just like my co-workers witchy wife!

Love the pic with the mice hidden up there! Too cute!

Good luck with the car & Skip. Thank goodness DH would never push me to something i didn't want!
That is too funny!

We found the mice on the first visit when Cinderella had her private chat with Claire and pointed them out to her. Now Claire points them out each and every time.

Well the car shopping has ended. It was a struggle at times and I really was having anxiety issues over it. He just doesn't car about that kind of thing. He's all about cheap. He is so much like my Dad in so many ways, except for vehicles. My Dad has always wanted the best he can get, whether he can afford it or not. My Dad has a nice pick up truck and every time he gets on he special orders it. He insists on cadilacs for my Mom, which she has grown to love too. I can remember as a kid going car shopping. It was so fun as we text drove so many nice cars, but one time we were looking at Lincoln Continetals, which were kind of equavilant to Caddys back in the day.
I can remember my parents saying it was a $14,000 car and they can't imagine anyone spending that kind of money on a car. Well we did get it, but now I would LOVE to get a nice car for that money. After all the looking I have done over the past 2 weeks, I have found that you really can't even get a cheap stripped down car for that much anymore.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #1902
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, taking a 16-day vacation (and starting a TR) puts one hopelessly blind on the DIS, but I am living the pictures. And more importantly I am happy to hear your daughter is doing much better.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #1903
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The car saga.....Is over......I think!

As you know, I have been searching for a new car since mine was totaled on the 19th. I knew this would not be an easy project. My husband just doesn't care about cars and he would be happy with a piece of junk that didn't cost much.
I am slightly picky. I don't have to have the best, but there are a few requirements. Gas milage is important to me. Living in the country means every time we go just about anywhere we are using quite a bit of gas. Skip doesn't seem to get that or car, but I am the one who fills the tank.
Color is a HUGE factor for me. It may sound dumb, but I am all about color. And that color is RED! I will get black, but red is really my color for cars. I have had 2 red cars in the past and 2 black and a couple of ugly ones in between. A sunroof is also a big deal to me. I have had one in a car for the last 20 years and I wasn't about to go without one now. I also like a spoiler on the back, but that wasn't a deal breaker. I have noticed that just isn't the "In Thing" anymore with many newer cars.

So I set off on the hunt and found a few nice used cars that I could live with. Then Skip told me to shop for a new one, so I did and found my DREAM car. I had a Chrysler Sebring and LOVED it. Even though it was old, I am still upset it was totaled. They no longer make them, but replaced them with the 200. Now the body style is different and more modern than my 12 year car, but I still like them. I found on in red that had a sunroof and it was just fabulous. I drove it and it was wonderful. We then spotted the same thing in black and I loved that even more. Super shiney with chrome accents. I was set on it. Skip then decided we would never own a Chrysler again for some stupid reason. Well he went back and forth on that theory and then decided he didn't want new either.
So I found a red 2012 200 that had low miles on it and was red with a sunroof and the cost was much cheaper than a brand new one. But again he went on the Chrysler kick.
Basically I was under a lot of stress with him changing his mind every 5 seconds. I just gave up.
He then decided he wanted to get a red Impala at a local car dealership. It was sharp, with a sunroof and spoiler, but it had 98,000 miles on it and the gas milage was 19. That stressed me out a lot. I was getting 22-23 with my sebring and that was too low in my opinion.
This was a busy weekend with our local fair going on and school was even closed on Tuesday because of it. They have a kids day. We had plans to go with friends for the day. Well Skip decides we HAD to car shop yesterday. Even though he knew all along I would not be home and that Claire had dance in the evening as well.
Luckily my friend took Claire up with her and her kids and I met up later.
We took the impala for a drive and over to his buddy's shop to have it inspected. First off I hated how it drove and knew the brakes were really bad.
The inspection came to tell us we would have to make $1200 minimum in repairs in the next few months. Skip was still sold on it, but I drove it some more and I just couldn't love it.
When I arrived back at the dealership, Skip came out and asked me about it. I told him I just didn't like it as much as I hoped to and I was trying, but the brakes were just so awful and the car was a bit shakey.

He said the dealer wouldn't go as low as he wanted to with the price either and pointed out a car on the lot and asked what I thought of that one. It was a Chevy Cruze. I had just looked at a friends on Friday night, and though it was nothing fancy, it got great gas milage and most of the basics I wanted. It was RED too. He said the guy said he could get one with a sunroof too. So we headed out and looked it over and took it for a spin. It is a bit smaller than I had planned on getting, but still good enough for our family. It drove nicely too. Much better than the impala. The guy said he had located a couple of red ones with sunroofs at sister dealerships and Skip said, let's go for it! I was pretty excited. I am getting a brand new spanking car! It should arrive late today or tomorrow. They had to go to a dealership about 200 miles away to pick it up, so it depends on how fast they can get it here.

We had to take the rental back today, but they told us if it's not here today they will give us a car to drive till it arrives.
Now that that is taken car of, I finally can sigh relief that life can get back to normal. Slowly but surely everything has been settling down and this was the last link.
Now I need to get myself back to work full time and not stress over so many things.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #1904
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, taking a 16-day vacation (and starting a TR) puts one hopelessly blind on the DIS, but I am living the pictures. And more importantly I am happy to hear your daughter is doing much better.
I will have to go find your TR. I am so behind too. I wish I had a 16 day vacation instead of all the other crud I have had to deal with!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #1905
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Yay for a brand spanking new car and the end of a headache! Lucky for me, John doesn't settle for just any old car and I ended up with something that we both liked. I'm so excited for you! You need to post a picture so we can see it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: