Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #1861
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Oh no Jen! I'm so sorry about your accident. But I am glad to hear Paige didn't get hurt anymore than she already is and of course that you didn't get hurt either. That's a shame about your car I hope you find something you like even better. I had a new car for almost a year once when I got hit by a drunk driving, drug dealer with no insurance and my car was totaled too so I know how that feels.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #1862
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Oh Jen how horrible.

Glad everyone checked out okay but so not cool with all the extra work that you have to do now.

I hope you find something great to drive. Lots of good deals since it is near the end of the vehicle year so who knows you might get a great deal on a 2013- don't rule it out.

You need some major Yes go play the lottery, you are due for some good luck.
I know Skip is against the price of a new...but I sure wouldn't mind. LOL. I think I have finally gotten him to realize though that if he wants this next car to last 10 years like this other one has, then we need to get a newer model and low miles. That does come with a price tag, but then again if we buy a new car every 4-5 years it will just as much.
If this was a tractor there would be no questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Omg! Seriously? I feel so bad for all the bad luck your family has been having! I really hope it gets better for you, and soon! I'm always so nervous in cars that I'll be rear-ended or whatnot. Stupid distracted drivers.
This has been such a crazy month. Yesterday we saw a car driving down the middle of the road and I had to pull off to the side and blarred my horn and the person still never went back to her side. I basically saw her eyes as she passed us and didn't even register that she was doing anything wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
What bad luck, at least no one was hurt except the poor car. I hope the insurance company won't raise your rates.
I asked about that and they tell me no, so I hope that is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Jen, as the others said , I am so sorry and glad you and Paige are okay. It really is a big bummer that he was uninsured. I am sure he will suffer the consequences in one way or another. Now it's time to sprinkle you with !!!! Hugs to you both. Being in an accident is no fun-believe me I know! But just have to look at things as the glass is half fool-you are both okay and uninjured-that's the most important thing!
I am trying to stay positive....things have to get better, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I've been thinking about you, and hoping the craziness would stop for you guys. I'm so glad Claire wasn't in the car, that was the first thing Kadence asked when I told her.
I hope Paige is doing better and better.

Skip...again I ask you if you want to borrow my invisible fry pan.

So now a new car, (used car is still NEW to me!!) is on the horizon. Finding anything you like yet?
He went to an auction today and he knew there was a 1992 mercury there with 140,000 miles on it and he keeps saying he is buying it. I told him if he did, don't bother coming home. I saw a picture and it's powder blue and so ugly and huge. He called just a it ago and said it went for $900 and it would be a great deal. He is acting like he bought it and if he did, that is a farm vehicle that will never go in my garage!!!!
Claire is very upset over my car. She has had lots of tears. They totaled it out. It had over $3200 worth a damage in the back and underneath just from a quick evaluation and she said she didn't even open the hood. And we know the radiator was damaged from the jolt because it completely leaked on the road and I know my DC player got messed up because when I cleaned the car out it was making weird noises and it took forever to get my discs out and it kept saying error. It's never done that before.
The car itself was actually worth about $3,000, which I was surpised it was that much for how old it is, but I am happy to get whatever we can for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBeth2012 View Post
Holy moly! What bad luck! I am SO glad that you are both ok.

Ever hear the saying "Bad things happen in threes"? This was only 2 bad things. PLEASE give yourself a paper cut or shrink some clothes (or something less serious but still bad) quickly before something worse happens! THEN go buy some lottery tickets or rub a magic lamp.
Well yesterday we avoided a head on collision. Some idiot was driving down the middle of the road and I had to pull off to the side and honked my horn and she never even acknowledged it. Paige was freaking out about it too, so was I. I am counting that as number 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Oh no Jen! I'm so sorry about your accident. But I am glad to hear Paige didn't get hurt anymore than she already is and of course that you didn't get hurt either. That's a shame about your car I hope you find something you like even better. I had a new car for almost a year once when I got hit by a drunk driving, drug dealer with no insurance and my car was totaled too so I know how that feels.
It totally sucks. It makes me mad that this person gets off scott free. Well I am sure there will be some consequences, but not as harsh as they should be, I'm sure.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #1863
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After we met the Princesses, we noticed that Mickeyís line was not very long at all either. Well we have never met him her in his special room, so we got in line there as well.

And here he is!!!!

I guess Claire was taking a quick nap?

The whole area was so cute.

As we walked out I just had to get a picture of my favorite costume.

And back out to the park we went.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #1864
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We headed up main street next.

Oh No!!!! Someone lost their balloon!

We stopped for a few fun photopass pictures.

I surely didnít want Claire to end up like that fly away balloon.

We had a little time till dinner so we roamed around a bit.

And some more photopass.

We spotted Tigger & Pooh on the move.

We then got in line for Barnstormer.

Checking the time on the new watch I had gotten on the cruise.

It wasnít too long and we were making our fast and short zip along the tracks. Most of the pictures I took were the back of the head of the lady in front of me, so I donít think you want to see those.
After the ride I took a few construction photos.

And then we made our way to our dinner destination!

Old 08-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #1865
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love the magic shot with the balloons. I really need to try to get this in December. I loved the way the Meet and Greet location for Mickey was done up. Did you spot the Castaway Cay trunk?

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #1866
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love the magic shot with the balloons. I really need to try to get this in December. I loved the way the Meet and Greet location for Mickey was done up. Did you spot the Castaway Cay trunk?

Corinna
I love that shot too.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #1867
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Love the photo pass photos
Old 08-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #1868
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I have never seen that balloon magic shot before. Now, I have a mission!

We leave for WDW on Monday. I'm in the middle of packing up the four of us.....worst job ever!
Old 08-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #1869
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Love the photo pass photos
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I have never seen that balloon magic shot before. Now, I have a mission!

We leave for WDW on Monday. I'm in the middle of packing up the four of us.....worst job ever!
I have gotten them a couple of times. Be sure to ask. I often ask if they can do any magic shots and sometimes they will give me a choice or ask what I have done so far.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #1870
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I have gotten them a couple of times. Be sure to ask. I often ask if they can do any magic shots and sometimes they will give me a choice or ask what I have done so far.
Thanks for the suggestion....I will definitely ask. Now lets hope the kids cooperate....
Old 08-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #1871
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I am trying to stay positive....things have to get better, right?

Indeed they do-good for you to stay positive! Don't let negative thoughts drag you down!

Claire is very upset over my car. She has had lots of tears.

Give her hugs for ll of us! Paige too!

Well yesterday we avoided a head on collision. Some idiot was driving down the middle of the road and I had to pull off to the side and honked my horn and she never even acknowledged it. Paige was freaking out about it too, so was I. I am counting that as number 3!

So glad there was not a 3rd accident!

It totally sucks. It makes me mad that this person gets off scott free. Well I am sure there will be some consequences, but not as harsh as they should be, I'm sure.
Just think-Karma is a B***h!!!
Love the photos!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

Last edited by SigalTchelet; 08-24-2013 at 08:34 PM.
SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #1872
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Cute pictures! I always miss that little photopass spot with the castle in the distance. I need to try and focus on getting a picture there, because they are always so nice!

I can't believe that you were nearly hit again. I'm sure Paige is about to have a nervous breakdown even thinking about getting in a car again.

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #1873
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nice to see an update.

I hope Paige is still doing well!

Those pictures of Claire with Mickey are just adorable. As usual, I love her outfit.

Claire is too funny while you are trying to "hold her down" on Main Street!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #1874
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

OMG Jen, I'm so sorry about your accident and soon after the other one for Paige. I'm so glad you are both OK. You definitely need to get some lottery tickets.

So sorry about your car. I can just imagine how you must be feeling, I had one of those types of accidents where I was rear ended after I stopped to avoid hitting another car that stopped short and it was scary, I still have visions of that big truck in my rearview mirror to this day and it was in 2000 (it was one of those big Car Carrier trucks-full). I had my car totaled too but mine was only about 2 years old. (I was pushed into the car in front of me so it was front and back damage)

ETA after I read your update:

Cute pics with Mickey, that's great the line wasn't too long.

I really like magic shots! You have gotten some nice ones this trip but I think the balloon ones are my favorite. I have to remember to ask for those next trip at the various PP stops.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort

Last edited by rndmr2; 08-25-2013 at 02:22 AM.
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:40 AM   #1875
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

Enjoyed the latest update- we've never been inside Mickey's meet and greet area yet - but so sorry to hear about your accident.
Glad everyone except the car is ok
ClaireW is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: