Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #1816
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Jen I am so sorry to hear about the accident! I'm crying while I'm reading this. I'm glad Paige doesn't have to have surgery and that they think she might come home this weekend. Paige definitely has my prayers. I will pray for Aaron too.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #1817
redomni
Mouseketeer

I know I have never posted on your TR before but I have been reading it and just had to post to add that I will keep your daughter and her friends in my prayers. Also all the families that were effected by that crash.
redomni is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #1818
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

You and your family are in my prayers. I can't even imagine how scary and sad it is for your daughter to go through. No matter how much they grow up, they are always our babies.

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #1819
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Nice pool pics.
The Raifiki pic is funny.

I am so sorry to hear about the accident. That is so sad.
Will be thinking of you all.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #1820
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Love the pics! I can't wait until LM comes out on DVD in October. I've always seemed to miss the releases!

Yes, they do look like fries! Where's the ketchup?

Just curious - how many autograph books has Claire filled with signatures from Disney so far? Do you think you have all autographs at least once yet? I was in front of a couple once that had been at the parks for 3 weeks straight - and they had a school age kid with them. It would have been March. They were on their 3rd book, and were trying hard to find Jiminy Cricket. They said he was among the hardest...

I couldn't imagine being away from home for that long, the $$ spent, nor working so hard just for Disney autographs! I like Disney, but not that much!
We have a couple of books. It's not always a priority for her to have them ,but she likes to get them if we are meeting a character. On our first trip with Claire one of the first characters we went to meet was Jiminy. but I now he's hard to find now.
I would love to stay that long, but I know it's not for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
You know me.... I always like to see the princess photos.

Glad the line was short, but that does stink that Rapunzel wasn't there.

We did get to see her later though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
That Big Blue pool looks fun, you got some nice pics of the area.

Great pics with the Cindy and Aurora.
The pool is nice.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #1821
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
You already know I'm praying for Paige, her friends, and you. Continued hopes for a quick and full recovery.

Thanks so much Carey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
Omg!!!! I'm so sorry to read about this. I will keep all involved in my prayers!!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelyn View Post
Will keep your daughter and your family in my thoughts as well as the rest of the kids and their families.

Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Wow, what a horrifying call and accident. P&PD to all involved.

Jill in CO
It's been a long week, but she is doing well and we are happy she is OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp4352 View Post
Love and prayers!!
Thanks
Old 08-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #1822
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Oh Jen, how terrible! Thank God Paige is going to be o.k. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Paige and your family.
Thanks. it's been a long week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Jen, I will definitely keep Paige and her friends and their families (and your's) in my prayers. It sounds as if God was truly watching over her as the crash sounds really bad. Please keep us updated when you can.
Thanks so much. God definitely was watching over her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0kismet0o View Post
I am so sorry for what happened! This is awful. I will be praying for your daughter and her friends and their families.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love all the Princess photopass pictures.

More importantly, I am sending you a huge and many prayers for Pagie and everyone else involved in the accident. I am so sorry to hear all of this, but am happy that Paige is going to be alright.
I hope you are having a fabulous trip.
We are so happy she is doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Jen, Paige and the other young people are in my thoughts and prayers. What a horrible call to wake up to. I am jut glad that she is going to be OK.

Corinna

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
What a bad phone call to get. I'm so glad Paige will be alright. It's so sad one of the kids died, but so lucky none of the others did. Take the time you need this TR can wait, all of us here understand.
It's an awful call, but I am happy she is OK now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camonkeygirl View Post
Jen, I will keep Paige and her friends in my prayers. Glad to hear that in the long run, Paige will be ok.
Thanks so much.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #1823
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Oh Jen. ' I know G-d was watching over Paige, as I have been in a similar situation. She will most definitely be in my prayers!!! Hugs to you too!!!

Thanks. yes, we are so lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
I'm so sorry. You have my prayers for your daughter and the other victims of this horrible accident. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Thanks. She is doing really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBeth2012 View Post
I'm so sorry, Jen. I'm sending prayer to your daughter and her friends and families.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Sorry Jen, How horrible!! That is a phone call every parent fears....

Prayers for Paige and the others and their families during this difficult time.
It's a horrible call and I hope no one else ever has to go through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
Sending prayers and thinking of you Jen!! Hoping for a speedy recovery for Paige so you can get her home and healed!
Thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieMumma View Post
Oh Jen, a Mother's worst nightmare
I feel so sorry for the family of the driver.
Definitely thinking of you all
It sure it.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aigantighe View Post
Hugs
Thanks
Old 08-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #1824
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG Jen. That sounds like a horrible accident. I am reading from my phone and can't see well w/o my glasses so I need to read the details better. So glad that Paige is stable and Ashley is good. I have to retread about the other details. Thoughts and prayers with you and everyone's families.
It was awful. I went to see the site where it happened today. You can see his tire tracks right up to the field so he must have not flipped till they hit the beans.
Aaron is sounding like he should recover, but it will be slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am glad to hear the girls are doing better, and continue to pray for them, the young man in the hospital and the young man that lost his life. (((Hugs)))
thanks kathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Oh my gosh Jen! My thoughts and prayers are with your family and Paige and her friends right now! She really did have an angel on her shoulder at the time. I know it is none of my business, but when I had my accident in 06 I had severe PTSD as a result, I would have panic attacks while driving. I ended up seeing a therapist after and it really made a world of a difference in my anxiety while driving. So it may help to look into this. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
We have talked about this too. I told her that her and Ashley should get some sort of counseling. I know Paige will need and and Ashley remembers everything, so she for sure needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
I am praying
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
OMG Jen, that sounds horrible! I am so glad that Paige will be ok. Hopefully she will be able to come home soon. I am definitely praying for her and her friends.
It's been a long week, but she did come home now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post

Thoughts and prayers to you and all the families!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
My eyes just filled with tears reading that. This is so, so horrible. I'm very glad that Paige is getting out of it relatively unharmed. I was already a big believer in always wearing a seat belt, but this just reinforced it. Thinking of you and Paige.
I've had lots of tears this past week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
So sad about what happened. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope she gets better and gets to go home soon.
Thanks. She is doing very good now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Jen - I just read your entire update on Paige. Again I want to say how sorry I am that you are going through this and I pray Paige makes a speedy recovery. Broken ribs and a chest tube for a collapsed lung are very painful. Broken ribs hurt for a long time.

I hope that you will continue to update us. I am very sorry for the tragic loss of life in this accident. What you described is literally my worse fear and the reason I never turn off my cell phone at night.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the other families at this difficult time.
We were lucky and she didn't need the chest tube. They said the lung will heal on its own.
Yep, I will keep mine next to me always now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
How terrifying....every parents nightmare.

yes it is.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #1825
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Jen I am so sorry to hear about the accident! I'm crying while I'm reading this. I'm glad Paige doesn't have to have surgery and that they think she might come home this weekend. Paige definitely has my prayers. I will pray for Aaron too.
Thanks! it's been a rough week, but it could've been so much worse. it sounds like Aaron is making progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redomni View Post
I know I have never posted on your TR before but I have been reading it and just had to post to add that I will keep your daughter and her friends in my prayers. Also all the families that were effected by that crash.
Thanks for reading along and for the prayers. We will take every one we can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
You and your family are in my prayers. I can't even imagine how scary and sad it is for your daughter to go through. No matter how much they grow up, they are always our babies.
Thanks so much. And yes, she is still my baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Nice pool pics.
The Raifiki pic is funny.

I am so sorry to hear about the accident. That is so sad.
Will be thinking of you all.

Thanks
Thanks for your thoughts too!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #1826
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Paige was allowed to get up out of bed on Thursday. She was in so much pain that I thought for sure it would be at least Sat. before they released her, but by Friday she had really improved and was released. She was so happy to get out of there. She is doing very good. Still sore, but moving more and even without the aide of the walker half the time.
She is now bored out of her mind and antsy. Tomorrow we are going to go and get her plates for her new car she bought about a month ago. This is her exciting outing and she can't wait. Her friend said she would pick her up today to take her for lunch, but I said I will drive here there and Claire and I will sit at a different table. Yes I am over protective Mom right now.!

Ashley had to go back to the hospital this week and they found she had a concussion. She was felling dizzy and sick all the time. I am not sure what they did for her, but Paige said she has a slew of medications she is taking now.

Aaron was downgraded out of Neuro ICU, which is such a good thing. We have heard he remembers nothing of the night or accident and thinks he is there from another accident he had last winter. He knows nothing about Nate dying at this point. Paige and Ashley have decided on waiting to visit him since he doesn't remember and they don't want to be the ones to trigger any memories.

Paige thinks she might be having some small flashbacks to the accident. She says she is dreaming of it being dark and hearing radios going off. It might be a memory or it might be just something her mind has made up after us talking about how the night went.

I went to the accident site yesterday. You can see light tire marks coming from off the side of the road and then across to the bean field. The truck must've really bounced because the beans are hardly damaged at all. It looks like the tops of some of them of broke off and only a few spots where it might've touched ground before going airborn again. I could also see the tow truck tracks. The truck did land quite a ways away from where it entered the field.
I saw some orange spray paint marks and I am not sure if that marks where each person was, or some other important thing. Amazingly, I only saw a small amount of glass in there too, but I didn't walk all the way around. I just wanted to see it and kind of get an idea what happened.

We are happy to have her home and to get back to a semi normal life. I also think God must've pushed me over the past weeks, because I did a lot of work that didn't need to be done then, but I wanted to be ahead, since I had so much going on this month. Thank God I did, because I can't imagine concentrating on it completely over the past week or even the next. I just have to tweak stuff now and thats not hard at all.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #1827
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Paige was allowed to get up out of bed on Thursday. She was in so much pain that I thought for sure it would be at least Sat. before they released her, but by Friday she had really improved and was released. She was so happy to get out of there. She is doing very good. Still sore, but moving more and even without the aide of the walker half the time.
She is now bored out of her mind and antsy. Tomorrow we are going to go and get her plates for her new car she bought about a month ago. This is her exciting outing and she can't wait. Her friend said she would pick her up today to take her for lunch, but I said I will drive here there and Claire and I will sit at a different table. Yes I am over protective Mom right now.!

Ashley had to go back to the hospital this week and they found she had a concussion. She was felling dizzy and sick all the time. I am not sure what they did for her, but Paige said she has a slew of medications she is taking now.

Aaron was downgraded out of Neuro ICU, which is such a good thing. We have heard he remembers nothing of the night or accident and thinks he is there from another accident he had last winter. He knows nothing about Nate dying at this point. Paige and Ashley have decided on waiting to visit him since he doesn't remember and they don't want to be the ones to trigger any memories.

Paige thinks she might be having some small flashbacks to the accident. She says she is dreaming of it being dark and hearing radios going off. It might be a memory or it might be just something her mind has made up after us talking about how the night went.

I went to the accident site yesterday. You can see light tire marks coming from off the side of the road and then across to the bean field. The truck must've really bounced because the beans are hardly damaged at all. It looks like the tops of some of them of broke off and only a few spots where it might've touched ground before going airborn again. I could also see the tow truck tracks. The truck did land quite a ways away from where it entered the field.
I saw some orange spray paint marks and I am not sure if that marks where each person was, or some other important thing. Amazingly, I only saw a small amount of glass in there too, but I didn't walk all the way around. I just wanted to see it and kind of get an idea what happened.

We are happy to have her home and to get back to a semi normal life. I also think God must've pushed me over the past weeks, because I did a lot of work that didn't need to be done then, but I wanted to be ahead, since I had so much going on this month. Thank God I did, because I can't imagine concentrating on it completely over the past week or even the next. I just have to tweak stuff now and thats not hard at all.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for the update I will keep praying
Old 08-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #1828
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Thanks for the update. I am glad that Paige is out of hospital and well enough to venture on little excursions.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #1829
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

The sort of update that is great to see. All the best to you & Paige.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #1830
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear Paige is improving. They all have a long road ahead of them yet! Continued good thoughts your way!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: