Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #1636
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I'm a sucker for purses, have two Disney Dooneys. I'm now anxious to see the new Disney purses by Vera Bradley that sold only in the parks.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #1637
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
So many people have asked me about my dooney.
This is the one I got.

http://www.disneystore.com/walt-disn...19846/1000291/

edit to add.....I just looked at the price online. That is NOT the price I paid. Not even close. They must mark them up online.
SUPER CUTE!!! Love that bag!

And I agree, not that I have stayed at a deluxe, but trying to use their buses make me CRAZY! I have only had ONE issue with buses and that was the MK buses at AoA in November, but it seemed like they just couldn't keep up at the time.

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #1638
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Very cute Dooney, Jen! I am now playing catch up again, but are FINALLY up to date again.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #1639
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I'm a sucker for purses, have two Disney Dooneys. I'm now anxious to see the new Disney purses by Vera Bradley that sold only in the parks.
I'm a sucker for Dooney's. But I am not a fan of Vera purses so that probably is a good thing right now. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
SUPER CUTE!!! Love that bag!

And I agree, not that I have stayed at a deluxe, but trying to use their buses make me CRAZY! I have only had ONE issue with buses and that was the MK buses at AoA in November, but it seemed like they just couldn't keep up at the time.
I love it too.
I understand the buses are not perfect, but gosh when you wait so long at a deluxe, after the amount you have to pay for them, its ridiculous.
Claire informed me last night she would like to stay at the Boardwalk next so she can walk to Epcot and studios again. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Very cute Dooney, Jen! I am now playing catch up again, but are FINALLY up to date again.
Thanks.
I am trying to get this going and finish up, but I still have a lot more to write up, so I am sure I'll have a slump again soon.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #1640
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We picked out our new mugs and then I used a counter service credit to pick up a sandwich with chips and a bottled beverage as well.
We were not hungry at all, but I wanted to use up the credits. I think we got the Buffalo-style Turkey Sandwich - sliced turkey, blue cheese, arugula, and buffalo sauce-mayonnaise on a multigrain bread served with house make chips.
Letís just say I will never order it again. It was NOT tasty at all. The chips were good though.

We headed back to the room and we did nibble on the chips. Those were pretty decent. I took a bite of the sandwich, and was not impressed and we put it all in our fridge then.
Claire then begged to play with Legos, so I let her open one set and she set to work at building it. I straighten up the room and organized our clothes.
I caught up with the outside world on my kindle for a bit then I insisted it was time for a nap. Claire thought that it would be OK if I took one and she continued to play, but I told her no, the nap was for her too.
We finally settled down and I set the alarm on my phone for about 40 minutes. I figured it would take us a few minutes to fall asleep and then we could get at least a 30 minute nap.
All too soon that alarm went off. It didnít even feel like we had been sleeping long, but in reality, we did fall asleep immediately.

Claire, who said she was not tired at all was snoring away right next to me. I had to work at waking her up, but finally she did. I told her we needed to get ready to head out. Tonight we were going to see the Osborne Lights. She felt we should just skip it and stay in the room and play with Legos. UMÖNO! One of the main reasons of going during the Holiday season was to see this. I have no clue if or when I will get to again and this was one thing I refused to miss.

She grumbled, but got ready and soon we were on our way to the bus stop.

We made a quick wander through the store.

And then waited for a bus. Again, we didnít have the best bus mojo, but it was better than it had been at the BC.

Soon we arrived at DHS!

Isnít this just beautiful?

We entered and searched for a photopass photographer.

Hereís one!

I forgot to mention earlier in the morning before leaving we did do some shopping in the Beach Club gift shop. Claire and I each got a Beach Club tee and she also bought some Mickey and Minnie plushies Ö.. The ones that sort of look black and white and old school.
I was now wearing my new tee!

We headed back towards the lights.

Mulch, Sweat, and Shears were playing and getting the crowd in the mood. Well everyone but Claire who was mad that we came. She wanted to just go back and play Legos.

Snow has started!!!!

So we stand and wait, and Claire is griping away about being here, and I get my camera ready and I keep telling her it will be worth itÖand then it happened. The lights turned on! Claire was in mid-sentence and just GASP! I did too and I think I teared up a bit. This was STUNNING! I am a fan of gaudy Christmas lights and this was right up my alley. Pictures do not do this justice. You have to see it yourself.

I took a quick and not so great video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmu_c...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #1641
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I loved the photos from the Osbourne Family Lights. I saw them for the first time last year, but was kind of in a rush. We are tentatively planning a trip to Orlando in December and I want to have a proper look at the lights then.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #1642
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I loved the photos from the Osbourne Family Lights. I saw them for the first time last year, but was kind of in a rush. We are tentatively planning a trip to Orlando in December and I want to have a proper look at the lights then.

Corinna
I loved them. They were so much fun
Old 07-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #1643
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

The buffalo sandwich. Sounds great
Old 07-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #1644
KatMark
DIS Veteran

More great pics at AOA.

Funny how kids get a treat and then want to skip out on the fun of what is happening at the parks. I'm glad you told her that you were not missing the Osborne Lights. And you are right...ictures do not do it justice; you really need to see it in person.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #1645
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

The pictures of the AoA food court look lots better than it did when we went through there. It was a bit messy and busy when we walked through. It's too bad that the sandwich wasn't very good.

I can just see Claire all mad about being in the park and then the lights coming on. I bet that stunned her!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #1646
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Love the photos of AOA. The food court photos are great. I didn't even notice the lamps were Ariel's treasure trove when i was checking out the place!

Your photos of the lights are amazing! I could meander through the streets of America for hours on end with the lights up! Glad Claire's mood changed when she saw them light up! To think they used to be better! I am glad I never knew the "better" lights.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #1647
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
The buffalo sandwich. Sounds great
It wasn't. it was nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
More great pics at AOA.

Funny how kids get a treat and then want to skip out on the fun of what is happening at the parks. I'm glad you told her that you were not missing the Osborne Lights. And you are right...ictures do not do it justice; you really need to see it in person.
I know. Kids don't think about how the time is limited there, but the legos ...or whatever prize they have, will be going home with them and they will have all the time in the world to paly with them.
I was not about to miss those lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The pictures of the AoA food court look lots better than it did when we went through there. It was a bit messy and busy when we walked through. It's too bad that the sandwich wasn't very good.

I can just see Claire all mad about being in the park and then the lights coming on. I bet that stunned her!
I really haven't heard a lot of great reviews on the food. Well I take that back, some people love it because it has more healthy options. Thats my issue I guess. To many weird and/or healthy options and not any good old fashion crap.
Pop Food court is superior to me. Much better options ....though some of those just recently changed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Love the photos of AOA. The food court photos are great. I didn't even notice the lamps were Ariel's treasure trove when i was checking out the place!

Your photos of the lights are amazing! I could meander through the streets of America for hours on end with the lights up! Glad Claire's mood changed when she saw them light up! To think they used to be better! I am glad I never knew the "better" lights.
Thanks. I really wanted to get as many pictures of AoA as I could, and I did get a lot, but I am sure I missed stuff too.
I could sit and watch those lights all night too.
I did not know they used to be better. Wow, I thought they were great like this.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #1648
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

More pictures of the lights!

And we got in line for a photopass picture. He took several with my camera and I mentioned the flash wasnít going off and he said they were fine. NOT. This was the best of the 3 and I had to work to lighten it up. They all were terrible.

At least the professional ones were good.

There will be picture overload as I just was obsessed with the lights.

We walked down to the other end of the street too to take a look.

I think I either had a huge smile plastered on my face, or I had my mouth wide open as we walked around.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #1649
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:

Isn’t this just beautiful?

[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Gorgeous picture!

Quote:
Snow has started!!!!

Another Gorgeous one!

We were so impressed by the Osbourne Lights, I just was mesmerized! I think we just stood there with our mouths open. I was taking pictures on my DSLR, my P&S, my phone, and john was videoing it on the camcorder and his phone!

Our PP were kinda sucky.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)

Last edited by Caretames1; 07-17-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #1650
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What great photos, Jen, of the Osborne Lights. If anyone can do them justice, it is you.

I hate when the PP photographer thinks he knows everything, but at least their pictures came out great.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: