Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Tiffany507s
Mouseketeer

Please help with my Holiday/NYE Itinerary

Hey everyone! I want to say TIA for reading and/or helping.

Background:
It's DM, DH, and I going to the World Dec 29-Jan 6. It was a totally spontaneous trip that we just booked a week ago, hence the late planning. DH and I have APs and my DM is just ecstatic to go. I could just drop her off at the MK hub the entire time and she would have the best time in the world. This is likely the only time we will have get to go during "Christmas" due to DH's job so I am trying to make the most out of our first few days when the Christmas is in full swing. I know it's going to be insanely busy and we are all 100% fine with that. The last half of the week will be much more relaxed. But I really have no idea what is best for this time of year and with the crowds so I desperately need help!!

Saturday Dec 29th:
1. Arrive in MCO 11:30 a.m.
2.DME to Pop, check in, if the room is ready if not, have carry on bags held (you can do that right? We normally fly into WDW super late, this is the first time we've arrived at the resort in the morning/afternoon)
3. Head to Epcot after whatever happens at Pop
4. Go straight to world showcase to catch a few storytellers (any suggestions on must see?)
5. Do Candlelight processional package. I haven't booked yet, but there are plenty of options available for us. We are thinking about R&C. I can't decide if I should do the 6:45 or 8:15 show. I was thinking 8:15 and eat R&C at 5:20 so we had more time for storytellers. But, if I do the last show will we likely not get a good place in the reserved illuminations area?

Sun Dec 30th (Here's where the water gets murky)
1. Sleep in, maybe?. I know its a terrible idea to sleep in but considering the day before will be 4:00 a.m.-???.
2. Head to Epcot to finish seeing storytellers
3. Head to MK after we see a few storytellers to catch the Christmas Parade, it's at 3:00/3:30, correct?
4. Stay in MK for the NYE fireworks. (Are they at 11:50 p.m.?)
OR
Sun Dec 30th
1. Wake up early go to MK until the Christmas parade at 12:30 (If it even runs at 12:30)
2. Go back to hotel and sleep
3. Go back to MK in the evening to catch the NYE Fireworks.

Monday Dec 31st.
1. Resort touring, Monorail Resorts/WL/Epcot Resorts
2. Epcot for NYE...this is the best option, right? I'm torn...
3. Walk to HS for EMH (that is a "wait a see" thing).

The rest of the week will consist of seeing the Osborne Lights, and maybe going to see the AK parade before the 2nd, and relaxing! I really would just like to see the headliners and must sees...if it's at all possible to fit them in, in that short of time.

I'm open to any and all changes...I'm thinking option #1 on Dec 30th is a bad idea because of the crowds but I just wanted to throw it out there... Also I'm not sure if we should even be in MK for the 30th fireworks, or if we should be watching them from the poly beach or wherever else. Oh, and when does it "snow" on Main Street?

Sorry it was so long!

Last edited by Tiffany507s; 11-26-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Tiffany507s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
DDreamer
Mouseketeer

We are going at the same time too! We are a family of 5 so obviously our plans are different than yours, but yours look great. I've read that all parks tend to fill to capasity early on New Years Eve so you might want to keep that in mind. I'm pretty sure we're doing Epcot too on NYE.

Have a great time!
DDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
jodeeb
Mouseketeer

Hi Tiffany.

We did the same thing. We just got back from a trip that we had only scheduled about 5 weeks in advance.

We stayed at POP to. We did DME. They told us that our lugage would probably be there about two hours after we got there. We just checked in at front desk. We had done early on line check in from home so this part went quite quickly. We went to our room to unload our carry on and freshen up a bit the went to MK for the night. When we got back our lugage had been delivered to the room. No hassles on our part to worry about lugage. They did it all. So convienent and Magical.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
johde
DIS Veteran

I'm doing a solo trip about the same time. I'm arriving Dec. 31st and staying until Jan 8th between Disney and Universal. I'm staying at OKW and right now, the plan is EPCOT for NYE as well. On Dec. 30th I'm thinking your second option of arrive early sounds like the best plan. I'm considering a similar plan Jan 1st if I can get up early after the midnight fireworks. Doing one park at Rope drop, taking an afternoon break then doing a different park in the evening with my park hopper tickets.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
Tiffany507s
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for all your help! I'm thinking option #2 for the 30th is the best option. That way I can for sure see the parade..We will miss a few storytellers but that will be totally fine. I'd rather see some of the storytellers and the Christmas parade. I wouldn't want to miss the parade.

Any storytellers that are not to be missed? Also if we were in MK on the 30th for the NYE fireworks, we will see the Holiday Fireworks and the snow on main street some time during the day/night correct?

Thanks again everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: