Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #31
mickyzzzzz05
DIS Veteran

We took a break

We took a break when the kids were little, when they were teenagers and when we went alone! We still take the break. It makes our time in the parks so much more enjoyable. It does take time but depending on how lucky you are with the busses it is well worth it in my opinion.
mickyzzzzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Tink View Post
Just a thought - if you are taking the break because your kids want to swim, and consider that part of the Disney experience, great.

But if you are taking the break to give your kids some rest/downtime...I wouldn't expect it to function that way. Getting out of the park, back to the resort, changing, swimming (exhausting), changing again, getting back to the parks, etc. is a lot of walking and a takes a lot of energy and is probably more tiring than just staying in the park and doing some easy stuff in the afternoon (like Hall of Presidents or Ellen's Energy Adventure or a show at DHS).
Agree 100% Another issue for us is we have mostly girls, after swimming we have to shower, dress, and do hair and makeup AGAIN! This is so time consuming, and honestly even I don't want to have to do that a second time in one day. We may schedule a morning swim, or an evening swim (after leaving the parks) or even a full down day that includes swimming, but getting ready twice in one day, no, we would never do that!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #33
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSANDRA View Post
I think that with your attitude it would work fine. You are most concerned about the kids getting to do what they want. I think that you need to be prepared that it will take about 4 hours out of your day. Only you can decide if that is ok or not. We have a pool at home so swimming at WDW is just not a biggie so not an issue. We sometime take a break mid day and though we don't really nap, we dim the lights and lay on the bed and watch a little TV. Early February can be cold so have a back up plan. Pools are heated but getting out is COLD. Swimming at night would be worse of course.
Yep, it will be cool in February. It does depend on how big of a deal swimming is for your kids, we have a pool at home so swimming was never at the top of our list anyway.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #34
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceemouse View Post
Yep, it will be cool in February. It does depend on how big of a deal swimming is for your kids, we have a pool at home so swimming was never at the top of our list anyway.
No swimming pool at home, and all 3 of them LOVE to swim!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
cheryterese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #35
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
How did you find the pool temp in February? We will be there Feb 6 -12th. I figure the air will be cool but am not sure what to expect about the pool water. Thanks!
Feb can be cold, but when we were there Feb 4th-12th last year, it was warm all week (shorts and tshirts all week), so the pool was fine. I'm from the south, so do not swim when the weather or pools are cold. I was fine.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #36
graceandhayes
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Polynesian Feb 26 - Mar 1 this year. The weather was slightly above average - 60s at night, low 80s during the day. My kids (DS7 and DD5) insisted on swimming almost every day. Since my wife likes to sleep in I took the kids to the pool in the mornings a couple of days until we were ready to go to the parks (7am - 8:30am). The water was heated, but a bit cooler than I like, and it was a bit cool getting out. Swimming in the pool almost every day was important for my kids. We only spent a 1/2 day at Epcot and HS, so we swam in the pool before dinner those two days. If you go during the summer or busy weeks many advise to take a break between 11am and 2pm to either nap or hit the pool at the resort because that is typically the busiest time in the parks. You will not have that problem in February. My advice for February is either hit the pool early in the morning - if it is warm enough, or after dinner/day in the park. I would either plan to hit RD and the pool in the afternoon, or hit the pool in the morning, get to the park by 10am, and stay at the park until dinner or park close. As some have mentioned - parks close earlier in February so that leaves time in the evening/night to hit the pool.
graceandhayes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: