Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #31
mtmbyck
I AM Canadian eh!

62 days. Woohoo. Wish I could go to sleep and wake up on March 4th, just in time to pack. Weather has been fairly decent for Christmas there so hoping for a hot dry March Break!
mtmbyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #32
fitmom3
Lori

Have fun planning everyone! I think we are going to book March break. I started a job with the school board (full day kindergarten program) and have to make sure that I get that week off. It is looking good though. We don't have to work the second week of christmas and PD days. I just hope I don't have to wait last minute to find out. If so we will most likely drive. I would love to book flights with Allegaint as the prices are pretty decent.

First Trip with kids - Windsor Hills Feb 2011, Windsor Hills March break 2012, Aviana March break 2013
fitmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #33
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmbyck View Post
62 days. Woohoo. Wish I could go to sleep and wake up on March 4th, just in time to pack. Weather has been fairly decent for Christmas there so hoping for a hot dry March Break!
We leave here on the 1st and fly on the 2nd!!! My fingers are crossed that the weather is just as great as last year! We did the opposite last year, March Break then the week after, my girls found it harder to get caught up on school work doing it that way. So we are going to do the opposite as they aren't in to much the week before March Break. I only have one more year that I can do this (next year) as my oldest will be in high school. They are only missing 4 days, and I run daycare out of my house. Funny enough, I have all of the elementary teachers here as clientel, and 3 of them are coming to Florida with us the 2nd week. They can teach them there I guess!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #34
mtmbyck
I AM Canadian eh!

I have a grade 8 and a grade 11 and we always leave the week before March Break as the parks get nuts as of the first weekend of Ontario's March Break (which always seems to fall on Floridas march break!). They are missing 4 days of school this year and will no doubt be given a bit of homework which they can complete when we get home (a few days before the end of March Beak). Not ideal, but flights, crowds, prices, are all better that first week of March and I put a high priority on this family time together.

The last 2 years the weather has been close to perfect. It's 26 and sunny there today!
mtmbyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #35
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmbyck View Post
I have a grade 8 and a grade 11 and we always leave the week before March Break as the parks get nuts as of the first weekend of Ontario's March Break (which always seems to fall on Floridas march break!). They are missing 4 days of school this year and will no doubt be given a bit of homework which they can complete when we get home (a few days before the end of March Beak). Not ideal, but flights, crowds, prices, are all better that first week of March and I put a high priority on this family time together.

The last 2 years the weather has been close to perfect. It's 26 and sunny there today!
Couldn't agree more! I think it is more important to get undivided attention away from busy home lifestyles then to miss four days of school! I am lucky so far as my kids are very good students and I look after both of their teachers kids. So I guess they see our everyday activity as it is! I am very involved with my kids school and have a great relationship with the teachers. Hope that continues into highschool!
Near perfect for weather I will agree, now 3 years ago I don't want to live that agin in March! That was not a great weather pattern then! So hopefully it is the same as the last 2. Our 2nd week last year, hate to say it, but it was almost too hot for us to do much.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #36
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Couldn't agree more! I think it is more important to get undivided attention away from busy home lifestyles then to miss four days of school! I am lucky so far as my kids are very good students and I look after both of their teachers kids. So I guess they see our everyday activity as it is! I am very involved with my kids school and have a great relationship with the teachers. Hope that continues into highschool!
Near perfect for weather I will agree, now 3 years ago I don't want to live that agin in March! That was not a great weather pattern then! So hopefully it is the same as the last 2. Our 2nd week last year, hate to say it, but it was almost too hot for us to do much.
Sorry, I had to laugh because I had to check where you were from! You sound like one of the mom's of a former student of mine, she babysits some of the teacher's kids from school, she has been involved in the school life for years, and has been to Disney a few times! But she's in PEI, so unless you're fibbing about where you live, you're not her.

And as a teacher, I have no issues with kids missing time to go on vacation, but I have concerns when students miss too much time "just because".

My break is the third week in March, and I can't wait!!!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #37
greenclan67
Callie35

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Sorry, I had to laugh because I had to check where you were from! You sound like one of the mom's of a former student of mine, she babysits some of the teacher's kids from school, she has been involved in the school life for years, and has been to Disney a few times! But she's in PEI, so unless you're fibbing about where you live, you're not her.

And as a teacher, I have no issues with kids missing time to go on vacation, but I have concerns when students miss too much time "just because".

My break is the third week in March, and I can't wait!!!
Nope not lying! I live on Manitoulin Island! I have been very fortunate to stay home with my girls and supplement income with daycare. I have always been busy with teachers! I love it though, I am off all of the holidays! It helps that I live right beside the public school in our small community, so all of my after school kids can walk here right after school, and I see them walk out the doors and can watch them the whole time walking. My kids even come home for lunch everyday. They only get 40 mins but they are home a minute after the bell rings! Flip side, we are putting our house up for sale in the spring because we need more space, but I will miss my location, most def!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #38
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Nope not lying! I live on Manitoulin Island! I have been very fortunate to stay home with my girls and supplement income with daycare. I have always been busy with teachers! I love it though, I am off all of the holidays! It helps that I live right beside the public school in our small community, so all of my after school kids can walk here right after school, and I see them walk out the doors and can watch them the whole time walking. My kids even come home for lunch everyday. They only get 40 mins but they are home a minute after the bell rings! Flip side, we are putting our house up for sale in the spring because we need more space, but I will miss my location, most def!
That does sound like a great location. The mom I was talking about only takes teacher's kids. She likes her set vacation schedule too, and storm days. Have a great trip to WDW!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #39
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Down to counting weeks!
We leave 8 weeks today!
We have so much snow already, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come! Always worried about that March Break storm!

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

fredgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #40
Sunseeker2012
Live for today

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgirls View Post
Down to counting weeks!
We leave 8 weeks today!
We have so much snow already, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come! Always worried about that March Break storm!
We will have to put all our positive thoughts together and hope that there is NO storms!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #41
Sunseeker2012
Live for today

45 Days.... Woohooo! I've started entering Orlando, FL addresses in our GPS...
Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #42
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker2012 View Post
45 Days.... Woohooo! I've started entering Orlando, FL addresses in our GPS...
we're with you in the happy dance!

Especially with 2 storms on the way in the next week!

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

fredgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #43
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgirls View Post
we're with you in the happy dance!

Especially with 2 storms on the way in the next week!
We have had a relatively easy winter so far. We have hardly any snow in our yard, on Sunday we had green grass. Which is very funny in the middle of January and in Northern Ontario. It was plus 12 here on Sat. Then it rained most of the day Sunday. Now today on the other hand we are in a snow squall watch in effect with it being -18 with windchill feels like -26. What a change. March 2nd can't come soon enough! Let the countdown begin.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #44
grantclaire
Mouseketeer

We just had our first ever cancelled flight due to weather! Not snow but high winds in Buffalo prevented Southwest from getting us back from Fort Lauderdale. So our 5 night mini vacation became an 8 night trip, better to be stuck there then here I guess.
March 2003 - offsite [COLOR="navy"]March 2004[/COLOR] - offsite March 2006 - offsite March 2007 - offsite March 2008 - 4 night Wonder March 2009 - offsite Xmas 2009 - 4 night Wonder March 2010 - Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge January 2010 - offsite [/FONT] March 2011 - 4 night Dream January 2012 - Beach Club July 2012 - 5 Night Magic
March 2013 4 Night Dream cruise[B]August 2013 [/B]Vistana Villages December 2013 Clearwater Marriott/Vistana Villages Orlando- March 2014 Vistana Villages
grantclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #45
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantclaire
We just had our first ever cancelled flight due to weather! Not snow but high winds in Buffalo prevented Southwest from getting us back from Fort Lauderdale. So our 5 night mini vacation became an 8 night trip, better to be stuck there then here I guess.
I would be thrilled to get "stuck" in FL on our upcoming trip!!!

ETA: i will gladly give up my seat if they overbook the flight home too!! Oh to be so lucky LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: