Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
AmyandMichael
Mouseketeer

Advice for Dec one night stay

Visiting family in central Fl and we would like to go to the Mickeys Christmas party one night and stay on site. Any recommendations? Ways to save money? I know Dec is expensive but just wondering if there are alternatives. Have never stayed at the Polynesian and the monorail makes it looks awesome. I would also like to know if its possible to visit the other resort hotels to see the decorations..Thanks

Read our family's adoption story at www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com
AmyandMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandMichael
Visiting family in central Fl and we would like to go to the Mickeys Christmas party one night and stay on site. Any recommendations? Ways to save money? I know Dec is expensive but just wondering if there are alternatives. Have never stayed at the Polynesian and the monorail makes it looks awesome. I would also like to know if its possible to visit the other resort hotels to see the decorations..Thanks
I never stayed at the Polynesian but I will one day. That would be convenient for you though since you are just going to the Christmas party. Just hop on the monorail. Yes you can visit the other resorts. The Grand Floridian is supposed to be very nice during Christmas. You can also get on the monorail and take it around to the Grand Floridian from the Polynesian. Have fun! As far as discounts any chance anyone in your party is in the military? That is the best for a discount.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

the polyn is great - but $400 per night is a bit to expensive for me.

if you want to save money look at Pop century or one of the all stars - especially for just one night.

disney provides transportation so getting back and forth to mvmcp is easy.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

I don't see the value in staying at Polynesian for one night. If you don't want to stay at a value like Pop, I would say stay a CBR or POFQ. Hope it's a magical night for you.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

If you want to be close to MK, the WL would be a good choice, IMO. It's more expensive than a value or moderate, but I think it's a good compromise between a monorail resort and a value or mod price wise as well as for location. You would be convenient to the CR via boat and you can check out those decorations before hopping on the monorail to visit the Poly and GF. Plus the WL is gorgeous as well when it's decorated for the holidays.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: