Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #31
Jane Eyre
Jane Eyre

Foot problems

I have foot problems too. Now I budget ahead of my trip so I can rent an ECV (motorized scooter) at WDW. It is SO WORTH IT! Especially at Epcot, which is huge. I enjoy my trips so much more because I am not in pain by the end of the day. Cost at WDW is $50 per day, but you can rent cheaper ones at several scooter stores in Lake Buena Vista or Kissimmee, etc. They deliver to your hotel and each scooter fits in the trunk of a car (has to be partially disassembled then re-assembled at the park, but not too difficult especially if you have a friend help you). I can't recommend this enough! For me it is the only way to go. I park my ECV outside each ride and walk in, but you can ride the ECV into many of the rides and attractions. By the end of the day I am not in pain and not exhausted like I used to be. I enjoy the parks so much more. Try it!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
deebeck
Earning My Ears

great shoe recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp0421 View Post
I know this topic has been on here many of times. I really need advice on what shoes to wear at the Parks. I had three different surgeries done on my feet while I was in high school. I am in my late late thirty's now. Also I suffer from my feet swelling. That is something new for me. I put on a pair of socks and walk around for the day my feet swell up terrible. I have tried flip flops they just hurt me feet during the day. So a pair if sneakers it is for me. By half way into the day I am in so much pain between the swelling and the pain from having bad feet. We are annual passholders and I have actually been putting off going to Disney because of this problem. I have tried the croc flip flops. OMG I could not walk by the end of the day. I actually thought I broke a bone in my one foot. Went to the dr the next because I could not walk without severe pain. He said it was some kind of a "stress fracture" . I think that's what he said it was. If anyone suffers from what I do please let me know.

I have been putting off going to podiatrist... but I def. have great shoes to help me...

sneakers - saucony's (they have great cushion and wide front with air holes throughout)

Ugg sandals - these are by far my most comfortable. You can probably get them online or I bought my at local shore surf shop.... It's like walking on air... when I walk, I'm always saying to myself.... ahhhhhhhh and your toes are free.

Born or B.O.C. shoes... these are my go to if you need a closed toe shoe (but sandals are also comfy)

good luck!
d
deebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #33
pampam
DIS Veteran

I too had planter fasciitis. While waiting for an appointment with a chiropodist, I did exercises recommended by my doctor for the planter fasciitis. By the time my appointment came my planter fasciitis was 80% better. I saw the chiropodist, and she gave me more exercises to do. She also recommended new balance running shoes, but I never did get them. Instead I do my exercises, if my feet start giving me problems. She also looked at my shoes, and like my crocs for the cushioning they gave my feet.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #34
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Go to the doctor. Maybe you've developed adhesions as a result of prior surgeries. There is the possibility that much of your pain could be eliminated.

Is there anyway you can break up your days so that you can get off your feet for a few hours and soak them in cold water to easy swelling and inflammation? Anyway to do half days?

What about a really good sport sandal, like a Keen, Teva, or Chaco?
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #35
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

OK today I am going to make an appointment with a dr. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks everyone for all the input.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #36
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

I have custom-made orthotics that I got way back in 1986 (and I think they cost me $600 even back then!) I wear them in my well-broken in sneakers at Disney, and I alternate them with fake Fit-Flops from KMart (the real FitFlops were way too narrow for my feet).

Between the orthotics, the good support of the fake Fit Flops and the alternating of shoes, I've managed to keep my feet fairly happy on our trips to WDW. I have also found that my feet hurt a lot less when we rent a car over taking WDW transportation. My theory is that my feet can handle walking, but standing at the bus stop puts more stress on them.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #37
Luv2CtheMouse
DIS Veteran

different people have different experiences with different shoes. it is really going to be what is best for your foot shape and body shape. your question should truly be directed to your dr or a podiatrist. you may need special inserts for support.
Luv2CtheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: