Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #391
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

I can't imagine 20 miles on a treadmill but if I was ever as fast as you it probably wouldn't be as bad. I've done up to 10 miles on a treadmill and that took me just under 1:40.

We got our Magical Express papers in the mail today too! So exciting!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #392
kmg148
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Not sure what your long runs miles are, regardless, take this weekend off to allow the knees time to heal. If not done already, ice 2-3 times a day for 30 minutes. Compression sleeve may help the knees feel better through the day. If you feel the need, NSAIDs may be in order. If the knees do not improve by this time next week, see a doc.

Remember, it is much better to hit the race a little undertrained and healthy that well trained and injured.

With regard to chafing, yikes, there are so many places where this can happen and I usually find a new one annually.

Hang in there, you will be there soon.
Thanks for your help! I think what's really making me frustrated is that today my knees didn't feel too bad, they both felt tight. I was scheduled for 18 on Sunday. I did 8 last night (had to walk the last 1.5 miles).
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #393
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Headed out on my 20. Have to get it done early because I have Religion to teach at my church from 10:30-12. Hopefully there's a chance for me to rest a little right after the run. Zzzzzzzzz.....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #394
steph0808
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos View Post
Headed out on my 20. Have to get it done early because I have Religion to teach at my church from 10:30-12. Hopefully there's a chance for me to rest a little right after the run. Zzzzzzzzz.....

Heading out for mine in a little bit!! Get it done!

Saw this on RunDisney's Facebook and think we all need it these last few weeks before taper!

5k PR - 25:52
10k PR - 56:31
Half Marathon PR - 1:58:59
Marathon PR - 6:42:53
steph0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #395
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Got it done in 4:19:50. This means I'm on track to finish in 5:30:00. I need to work on intervals. I try to go 6 miles without stopping but I think I'm losing too much gas at the end. I think I might try 5:00/:30

Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #396
Drgirl
Earning My Ears

Is it just me????? I find my times are increasing over the last few weeks rather than decreasing. Usually about 10.5 minute mile but lately it is creeping up to 11-12 minute miles? Not sure if this is due to fatigue with increase training or pms or I am just getting old. LOL!

Really want to break 5 hours but now it is looking touch and go?

Don't know what to do
Drgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #397
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

I think we're all tired from training. My knees are killing me and I have bad cramping in my rib!!

Old 12-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #398
guava
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos View Post
Got it done in 4:19:50.
Nice job on the 20 miles! I had almost the exact time as you today but I only did 18 miles. Still, I'm happy as it was a much, much better run than last weekend. I'm feeling more confident that I can do this and beat the sweepers.

Now off to get a Christmas tree. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Great runs!
guava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #399
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guava

Nice job on the 20 miles! I had almost the exact time as you today but I only did 18 miles. Still, I'm happy as it was a much, much better run than last weekend. I'm feeling more confident that I can do this and beat the sweepers.

Now off to get a Christmas tree. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Great runs!
That positive feeling is AWESOME!!! For the first time, I'm really starting to feel like I can do this, and it feels good!!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #400
steph0808
Mouseketeer

My plan today called for 19, I wanted to do 20, but I only did 18.

I am also getting slower - I think it is all the mileage getting to me.

Today I had some right IT band pain and left piriformis and knee pain. I just couldn't do it. I am so disappointed in myself. I mostly walked the last three miles and came up a mile short of my goal.

It took me 3:51 when my last 18-miler (two weeks ago) only took me 3:23!

I think I am cutting back my week day mileage this coming week (5/5/5 instead of 5/8/5). I need to get myself healthy - the marathon is more important!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #401
steph0808
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgirl View Post
Is it just me????? I find my times are increasing over the last few weeks rather than decreasing. Usually about 10.5 minute mile but lately it is creeping up to 11-12 minute miles? Not sure if this is due to fatigue with increase training or pms or I am just getting old. LOL!

Really want to break 5 hours but now it is looking touch and go?

Don't know what to do
Same here! I really want my finish time to start with a 4, I am having a lot of self-doubt right now (especially after today's run).

I think it is fatigue from the training mileage increase.

I do remind myself that just finishing is the most important - but that is hard to remember when you are having a bad day!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #402
McDuck
DIS Veteran

Bad day here, too. Set out for 12.5, but only got 6.5 done. On the way back to the house to drop off the dog, my hamstring started hurting badly again. Not as bad as the worst it has hurt, but enough to tell me to can it. I think I am going to get a sleeve for my thigh and see if it helps. It had been feeling better and then I aggravated it falling asleep in a funny position on the couch. Urgh. Looks like my first 13.1 is going to be the race after all. We decided to try again for the 12.5 when the 14-miler is scheduled (Galloway Half plan) and then follow the taper.

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #403
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

I love my thigh sleeve. It has helped my hamstring immensely. And it's now serving dual purpose for my groin too.

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, 2018 Glass Slipper Challenge, 2018 Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half??
disney_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #404
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Hang on!

Times may be going slower but it could be due to a number of things. As we hit new distances week in and week out the body tends to suffer from a long term fatigue. Diminished performance may also come from a chronic injury. If this is your first, hang in there. You will have differing thoughts the first weekend of January as you hit the second taper and shortest weekend for some time. This will get many of us chomping at the bit to do more. That is a true sign that you are ready.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #405
Goofierunner
Mickey says, "Now get out there and run!"

I didn't have any hard plans as to what I was going to do today. Hoping for double digits. Yea, didn't quite make it. I was bleh from the start. Normally running with my water bottle doesn't bother me but I swear today it was filled with lead. At about 4.5 I was able to ditch it and my running pants (I had on shorts underneath) and felt a little better. The 42 degree cold hitting my legs seemed to wakey them up. I started to get really hungry at the end and maybe a little lightheaded so I turned towards home. Finished strong with 8ish.

I think we're all a little mental at this point.

First I do this Then I do this but I wish I was at
Goofierunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: