Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #2836
hauntedcity
Mouseketeer

Race certificates are available!

Now, the important question -- how can you change the picture on your customized website? The default selection is... very... very... unflattering.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #2837
Disneyland_emily
I soo need to get that
I *knew* there was a reason I still had faith in people
I can't sleep unless I say goodnight to Drew

Had to laugh on the 'finisher' email/link I got today- The picture posted isn't of me but my leg in the far corner but GREAT shot of some random guy..

-em
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #2838
Wandacga
Earning My Ears

Add me to the list of those disappointed with the pictures. My husband I both have 25 pictures each, this after going thru most of the unidentified. Most of them the same, but a few of just one of us. Five/six are a sequence at the hat, this after we were both hurting and barely moving. Guess which picture we both have on our certificate-YES, one of those! Not to mention-it's the same one! Any ideas on changing the picture to one we would prefer.
Wandacga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #2839
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Funny, with the flu I have not been on top of things mentally. I did not realize that the photo group changed to marathonfoto. I have never liked the photos or the packaging of their products and attributed that to the RnR folks who they are attached at the hip through a partnership.

I was looking through all sorts of photos to try to find one where my DD and I were in the same frame. As an amateur photographer, I find it amazing that of the 12-13 finish line photos not one included both of us at the line. There is usually one photographer who has a wide enough lense to capture 2-3 runners in each shot. Usually, I must crop a person out of the photo to get a great shot.

Go figure.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #2840
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_emily View Post
Had to laugh on the 'finisher' email/link I got today- The picture posted isn't of me but my leg in the far corner but GREAT shot of some random guy..

-em
I wish they had my leg in my photo. My photo is of a gray long-haired woman. It's a great picture of her. I have short dark hair and am a guy...not even close. I'll be looking forward to hearing from others if there is a way to request that they change the picture.
Diskidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #2841
ZellyB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmata View Post
I've mostly been a lurker here but wanted to comment. My husband and I ran the Goofy together and had the same issue with our pictures. Both of our accounts had most of the same pictures, but his account had some pictures of the two of us that my account didn't have. I contaced the company and they said that as long as I was visible in the pictures, they could add them to the account. They however, would not add any that just had him in them. I used the contact us e-mail from their site and gave them my bib # and the photo id's that I wanted added to my account. It took a few days but I just checked and they did add them. Hope that helps someone.
That's encouraging since I'm clearly pictured in the two I want. I did include the photo ID numbers in my email along with both our bib numbers, so hopefully they'll add them. Thanks.
ZellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #2842
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

After looking at mydisneymarathon.com page and noticing that the picture on my page is not of me, I contacted RunDisney to see if they can change it. They said it was an IT issue and that at this point they will look into it and see if they can change it, but they are doubtful if it can be changed. I think it is really cool to have a webpage that has all your race information on it, but it really defeats the purpose if there is a picture of someone else on your page. I also find it hard to believe that someone can't fix it.
Diskidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #2843
JeffW
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFigawi View Post
I'm not impressed with them either. All of my pics from the half are missing from my Goofy order.
Same for me. I ended up calling and they "reordered" the half photos
JeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #2844
harleys mom
Disney Princess.

Add me to the list of wanting Brightroom back... I called today as none of my half marathon pictures had downloaded. I also noticed that many on my pictures of my husband and myself were not in his Goofy set of pictures.
They ended up downloading all of mine for free! We still dont have finish line photos, but they are looking for them. I actually found a picture in the unidetified photos of us that clearly had both of out bib numbers. As I was going thru them, it looked as thou they only assigned one bib number to a photo. This could be diapointing if multiple people were in the photos.
2014 Trip on the Disney Fantasy!!!
2014 Wilderness Lodge, Cyann's First Trip with Aunt Amy and Uncle Scott.
harleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #2845
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

Sorry so many folks are unhappy with the photos. I pointed this out shortly after the race and at that time, didn't have 5K photos or finish line photos. Still don't have any 5K photos unless I use a different link, via brightroom. And even then, there's no photos with my bib number or my last name. I can only find photos of me using my friends name and bib number - because we did that one together, we're in the photos together. If I weren't with her, I wouldn't have any at all from the 5K!! Oh, and only got 1 finish line photo. One. I'm actually glad now others are unhappy as well. I mean, still sad about the photos, but glad I'm not the only one who is unhappy! You know what I mean...

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, 2018 Glass Slipper Challenge, 2018 Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half??
disney_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #2846
ZellyB
DIS Veteran

Update on the moving pictures question...I just got an email from them and they did move the two pictures I requested over to my account, so maybe being specific about the photo IDs I was requesting helped with that.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #2847
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskidatheart
After looking at mydisneymarathon.com page and noticing that the picture on my page is not of me, I contacted RunDisney to see if they can change it. They said it was an IT issue and that at this point they will look into it and see if they can change it, but they are doubtful if it can be changed. I think it is really cool to have a webpage that has all your race information on it, but it really defeats the purpose if there is a picture of someone else on your page. I also find it hard to believe that someone can't fix it.
I noticed the course maps that we can access from the Media page are old course maps. I remember when the Galloway training plans were first published there were some mistakes in those too. Not very polished! RunDisney needs some QA on their team.

Regarding pictures, mine actually came out alright. But this company did the 2012 Columbus Marathon. At that race I had 3 pics, and my husband only had 2. Only 1 was really good enough to purchase.
buckeyecinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #2848
hauntedcity
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZellyB
Update on the moving pictures question...I just got an email from them and they did move the two pictures I requested over to my account, so maybe being specific about the photo IDs I was requesting helped with that.
Dadgum! (As Mater would say)
I sent them photo ID's and they just sent me a form letter saying No.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #2849
ZellyB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedcity View Post
Dadgum! (As Mater would say)
I sent them photo ID's and they just sent me a form letter saying No.
That's ridiculous. Have you tried to call them about it? Maybe it's just a matter of the person who gets your email.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #2850
hauntedcity
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZellyB

That's ridiculous. Have you tried to call them about it? Maybe it's just a matter of the person who gets your email.
I sent a polite follow up email. If I don't hear back in a couple days, I will give them a call.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: