Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #2296
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus View Post
Thanks! It was my most elaborate one by far and I am pretty proud of it.
You did an amazing job! Gorgeous!

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #2297
kmg148
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus View Post
Finally finished my costume! Just in time as we are leaving in the morning. Nothing like procrastination.
Here it is!

I took the picture with the tights even though they will stay in the suitcase with the heat. The sailor collar took the most time, just finished it this afternoon and I have three burns and a blister to show for it. Everything is on safety pins so I can drop if I start having issues and the buttons will hold on my bib. Can't wait to get a picture with Donald on Sunday!
I love it!! great job!!
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #2298
kmg148
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure I'm getting sick. A lot of people around me have colds, and I've been making sure to wash my hands a ton, use hand sanitizer and not touch my face...but I just got in and my throat has that "feeling".

Between getting sick and four injuries, maybe the running gods are trying to tell me not to do the marathon!
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #2299
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

I'm feeling defeated. Went to a chiropractor today to have him check out my knee-he thinks I have a tear in my meniscus. Urgh!!! All this training and now I'm not sure I'll be able to finish. Wondering if I should just walk the whole thing (I usually do about 1/2 and 1/2), but then I really risk getting swept. But would my knee start hurting anyway?! Or try to run and get as far as I can in a short amt of time, and then hobble thru the rest??? Needing to vent....

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #2300
lerxst
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg148
I'm pretty sure I'm getting sick. A lot of people around me have colds, and I've been making sure to wash my hands a ton, use hand sanitizer and not touch my face...but I just got in and my throat has that "feeling".

Between getting sick and four injuries, maybe the running gods are trying to tell me not to do the marathon!
Right there with you. Several coworkers out with bronchitis, boss with no voice, and worse daughter and wife were home sick today.

I also have had that "feeling" but it has been there for about three weeks. My head clears when I run so keeping hydrated, vitamins, lots of OJ...and going for it.

Nice part, starting my vacation two days early to let daughter rest up (and me too).

But frankly, unless I have a fever that is do bad it clouds my vision or get something in my chest that makes me wheeze when I sit at rest...I am going for it. (Even then I will probably still go for it).

It's another mental game. Don't let the mind win!

Disney 2012 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- Done!
Disney 2013 20th Anniversary Marathon -- Done!
2013 Gate River Run 15k -- March 9, 2013
Disney 2013 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- waiting reg
Disney 2014 Goofy and 1/2 Challenge -- waiting reg
lerxst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #2301
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
I'm feeling defeated. Went to a chiropractor today to have him check out my knee-he thinks I have a tear in my meniscus. Urgh!!! All this training and now I'm not sure I'll be able to finish. Wondering if I should just walk the whole thing (I usually do about 1/2 and 1/2), but then I really risk getting swept. But would my knee start hurting anyway?! Or try to run and get as far as I can in a short amt of time, and then hobble thru the rest??? Needing to vent....
Sorry about that.

Did he offer a brace/sleeve? If not, I would suggest heading the Expo on Friday afternoon and hit the KT Tape booth. For a minimal fee they will tape the knee that will help keep the patella stable and hopefully keep some of the pain at bay. At this point it would be worth the try. This will not work for all but even a placebo effect would help on race day morning.

If it were me, I would try to stay with the schedule you have trained with. Switching up the ratio to a full run or full walk from a 50 50 ratio is a recipe for issues. Push as long as you can following the 50 50 plan. If the knee speaks loud enough to go to a walk, then back off and try to walk. You can always walk like a pirate from there. Then if the end result were negative, you could come out of the race thinking you gave the race your best shot.

I think on race day you will find that you go further and faster than you thought you could and will be celebrating your victory over your knee.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #2302
dadorzey
Earning My Ears

I do not want to know about the mile 20 surprise. Would anyone with some inside info be able to tell me if it would be worth the time for my spectators to make the trip there to experience. They would like to experience that special moment with me but want to know if its worth possible missing the finish. Thanks in advance for any help and have a great run everyone!!!!!
dadorzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #2303
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

For the sick ones. Rest and hydrate as best you can. It is quite common for marathoners to catch a cold near the race. For some, it is before, for many it is immediately after.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #2304
lerxst
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait
For the sick ones. Rest and hydrate as best you can. It is quite common for marathoners to catch a cold near the race. For some, it is before, for many it is immediately after.
Quick google search earlier today confirmed that. Luckily I am still...just trying to play defense.

Head clears up and I feel good when run...keeping fingers crossed stays that way.

Disney 2012 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- Done!
Disney 2013 20th Anniversary Marathon -- Done!
2013 Gate River Run 15k -- March 9, 2013
Disney 2013 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- waiting reg
Disney 2014 Goofy and 1/2 Challenge -- waiting reg
lerxst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #2305
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadorzey View Post
I do not want to know about the mile 20 surprise. Would anyone with some inside info be able to tell me if it would be worth the time for my spectators to make the trip there to experience. They would like to experience that special moment with me but want to know if its worth possible missing the finish. Thanks in advance for any help and have a great run everyone!!!!!
Shhhh!!! it's a surprise. One thing that Disney is great at is keeping secrets.

My fear for the folks in the middle of the race and later (5 to 7 hour runners) is that there will be so many spectators at WWoS that the buses will not be able to carry folks out fast enough. Your fear is valid. The issue is that they are also allowing cars into the area so it is impossible to estimate the volume of vehicles leaving the facility on a one lane road (the other lane feeds into the WWoS) The tie up point will be the intersection with Osceola that s also being controlled by FSP and OCSD. This begs for a back up as a few folks will slow this up as they try to turn left onto the course.

I think if the finish is important, then I would think twice about coming out. For my crew, I think they are headed over to WWoS as they rarely catch me at the finish.... we traditionally meet at mile 25. This would be a slight revision to that.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #2306
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
Quick google search earlier today confirmed that. Luckily I am still...just trying to play defense.

Head clears up and I feel good when run...keeping fingers crossed stays that way.
No issue running with it in the head.... It becomes a problem in the chest.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #2307
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchfan18 View Post
I'm trying to decide if I should just carry my iPhone, or bring a small camera. Did anyone use a phone for pictures last year? How was the quality before the sun came up?
I don't know what app do you use for photos, I use camera + and for low light Lenscap, great app for low light photos.

Instagram: roxyy39

PixieDust32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #2308
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

How can we access the iGiftBag?

Thanks

Instagram: roxyy39

PixieDust32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #2309
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran

Just saw that La Cava Del Tequila has special margarita pricing for twitter followers on Mondays. Great timing on the DATW for Monday. Dragging me out of their is going to be harder than the marathon.
CaptHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #2310
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG
We leave bright and early tomorow morning. Can't wait to get to the World and hit the Expo. I'm hoping these jitters will calm down once I get to my happy place! I'm so excited! Squeel!
Hey Colleen, what time will you be at the Expo? I hope to be there in the early afternoon. Have to work a few hours in the am😁. Where r u folks staying? I'm at the Poly just for tonite.

Cindy

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: