Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #1891
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Okay - perfect example of why you should pay attention to all previous comments because even if they don't apply to you when you read them, they might later......

Will monorail transportation be suspended from 5-7 like the busses will and will spectators still be allowed in Magic Kingdom before the park opens as in previous years?

My mom is now coming with us and will be able to watch my daughter so my wife is thinking of coming with us to the family reunion area in the morning, then taking the monorail to TTC, then to Magic Kingdom to watch me run through there. Then, she was planning on walking to Contemporary and catching a cab back to the Boardwalk. Will that work?

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #1892
dreams91
DIS Cast Member
Loves to veg out in front of the TV on QVC scrap days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus
Speaking of computer issues, has anyone been able to check in online? I have been trying for the past few days but keep getting an error message. Maybe it is because I am booked at BCV but am not DCV? I booked through Disney over the phone if that makes any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Not sure...I'm AKV and can't either....I rented points.

dreams91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #1893
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams91 View Post
I have a room only ressie at POR and I couldn't check in online. I've been trying since Friday morning...

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #1894
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus View Post
Speaking of computer issues, has anyone been able to check in online? I have been trying for the past few days but keep getting an error message. Maybe it is because I am booked at BCV but am not DCV? I booked through Disney over the phone if that makes any difference.

We weren't able to check in online today either.

I made some dining reservations today and the web page kept switching between the old page and the new my disney experience page (I think that's what it's called.) So I wonder if that has anything to do with why the online check in isn't working--more computer issues.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #1895
lerxst
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait

I have been to 2 of the 3 offered. You will read from many that it is an over priced rather bland pasta meal with little variety. If you have an annual pass or have been to the park on your pass, then I would concur about the pricing. Until 2013, the event was a Thursday event; it was also our first day on property. So we spent the day setting up camp, expo-ing and waiting on friends to arrive. We did not attend the parks. So having admission to Epcot be a part of the experience softens the costs, considerably.

The DJ at the event is excellent. You will see him at various events through the year. He is kind of the life of the party - he would probably be better received if folks were not trying to save energy. We find him entertaining and have seen him at the New Year's Epcot Celebration and a couple business events. He is also the guy with big Mickey gloves on the water bridge at mile 4 and change.

Obviously, with everything Disney, there is a character experience. Several will make the meal for photo ops.

Finally, they meal features a great spot for Illuminations.

Oh, I guess I should comment on the meal. I found the meal nice. It's not a meal that the buffet folks will gravitate towards due to the style and choices on the line. The food is of high quality, but not something I think I would eat the night prior to the run. It is actually a little too seasoned for my palette and knowing that i will be out and running the next morning. Generally, I try to avoid a heavy garlic load the day prior to a long run as my clothing tends to retain that smell for weeks.

I would say it a great meal to attend on Thursday or Friday if running the marathon. I would hate to 'waste' a lot of the park pass cost just to attend a meal then head back to the room 90 minutes prior to Illuminations.

Not sure if I helped, but my .02. Oh, if I did not have to wrangle 4 different arrivals on Thursday afternoon, I would attend this year.
That helps a ton. We are season passholders, but wife was semi interested due to seating for Illinations. I thought was a bit over prized for food I am not gonna eat a ton of.

Thanks for input!

Disney 2012 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- Done!
Disney 2013 20th Anniversary Marathon -- Done!
2013 Gate River Run 15k -- March 9, 2013
Disney 2013 Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon -- waiting reg
Disney 2014 Goofy and 1/2 Challenge -- waiting reg
lerxst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #1896
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams91 View Post
I rented points and checked in on-line a couple days ago. Did you try to use the link someone (Coach?) posted a few days ago...that link worked for me when the WDW page didn't.

www.mydisneyreservation.com
jimandami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #1897
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

I think Disney has a general mess with ALL computers. I was trying to look up ADRs this morning and get booted out for anything made in the old system.

I do know the early check in link has also been wonky. You can use it, but for some reason every other day there are issues. The most obnoxious I have seen was credit card denials.

Finally, the waiver system is out today .

Hope they fix this by Thursday!
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #1898
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

I thought the waiver system has been out? What'd I miss?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #1899
tedhowe
Dad to Grace and Joy

After being worried whether I'd be over my bronchitis in time for the HM next saturday, I went out and ran one today!

I actually took it easy and skipped my mid-week 7 miler and shuffled around other runs this week because of a crazy week at work - getting back after the holidays and getting ready to go away for 10 days of vacation.

So today, I had 10 miles scheduled, but I also had a Sandy Hook memorial virtual HM that I had signed up for. I had planned to run this last Saturday, but the bronchitis kept me from doing that.

So I did the 13.1 this morning. Not a bad time overall considering I wasn't "racing" it. I actually was pretty fast when I was running. I stopped a couple of times for water/fuel as I went past my car - so that added about 7 - 8 minutes to my total time. I also didn't fuel well... I had some old packs of sport beans I was trying to use up... but they were so dried out and stale that they turned out to be nearly inedible, so I only got about 150 calories of fuel during the run. Not good.

I bonked at about 10.5 miles - just out of gas. I run/walked at a fairly good clip for the next mile+, but almost all of the last 1.5 miles was walking. I had cramping and no juice left in my legs.

Overall, my time still was as fast as my first HM back in September - 2:40... only 12 minutes slower than my November half. If I had fueled properly, I believe I would have beaten my November time and I wasn't feeling like I was pushing the pace.

While walking that last mile, I definitely was wondering if I had just stupidly messed up my race next Saturday, but after getting some fuel in me and a good rest this afternoon, everything feels good.

We leave to WDW first thing monday morning... should arrive on-site about noon and then we'll have the whole week to enjoy the World.

Just a couple of short "leg stretchers" some time between tuesday and friday, and then the big event.

The WDW half was the first one I signed up for after I ran my first 5K last spring... now, it will be my 4th HM distance run... hard to believe.

OKW, here we come!

Now if it would just be a bit cooler for the race, I'll be VERY happy... though for the rest of the week, I'm liking the forecast... should be warm enough to go to Typhoon Lagoon one day!

Ted
5K PR: 29:16 11/22/2012
HM PR: 2:28:15 11/18/12

In Training for my first full marathon: Philadelphia 11/23/2014
tedhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #1900
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos
I thought the waiver system has been out? What'd I miss?

He means out as in not working. People are unable to look themselves up and print waivers.
jimandami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #1901
harleys mom
Disney Princess.

I called Disney this morning because I hadnt got my Mickey Mail yet. They said that they are having computer issues and that Online check in is not working. They were able to check me in over the phone.

I am getting so nervous. This is my first half. I dont feel as thou I trained near enough. My husband said I will finish if he has to carry me! I am going to attempt a run tommorow, but it is really cold and snowy here. I could use the tredmill, but really hate it. I can walk outside and enjoy it, but 30 minutes on the treadmill seems awful. This is going to be a long week! I am counting the days till we leave.
2014 Trip on the Disney Fantasy!!!
2014 Wilderness Lodge, Cyann's First Trip with Aunt Amy and Uncle Scott.
harleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #1902
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

My husband and I are doing the family fun 5K on Friday Jan 11 @ Epcot, but how do we know our bib number?

Thanks

Instagram: roxyy39

PixieDust32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #1903
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

PixieDust32 You need to go to the RunDisney web site, select Marathon weekend under events, go to the Runner info tab and go to the waivers sections. There will be a link to find your waiver, which will have your number on it.

Be advised, the system has been down. If all else fails, you will be able to look it up and print out at the expo

Maura

Last edited by jmasgat; 01-05-2013 at 06:35 PM.
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #1904
fashionista311
DIS Veteran

jumping in here, but remember reading the buses don't run from 5:30-7:30...is that true for the half as well as the full? (hopefully, not!)
fashionista311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #1905
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus View Post

I was able to do it last night but the whole process took forever! I could not get the new system to link with my reservation number. I found a spot where you could go back to what looked like an old web page and do it there. I booked over the phone and not a DVC member either. Good luck!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: