Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #1651
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484 View Post
And trying not to slip on ice patches...that makes me nervous too.
I did that last week.
CaptHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #1652
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight Train View Post
I've been training with a Camelbak backpack and I'd like to use it during the race. Does anyone know of any reason why they wouldn't allow it? I e-mailed RunDisney to ask them but they never responded.
Ooh, good question - I hadn't even considered whether hydration packs wouldn't be allowed! I have a Nathan pack I love (and have been training with on my longer runs), and I was definitely planning on wearing it for the half...

Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #1653
regul8ter18
Mouseketeer

Well last time I posted I had a really bad cold and here's the update. I was feeling better and thought I was in the last stages. I just had a little cough at night and that was about it. I even got a few double digit runs in. However I woke up at about 2 this morning and felt horrible again so I went to the doctor and found out that I now have a bacterial sinus infection. Great way to start 2013.

I am now taking antibiotics the size of a horse pill (no joke I have to cut them in
half). So I am hoping that I feel better by next week. I'm not even worried about the race I will struggle though that I just don't want to be that person on the plane.

Courtney
regul8ter18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #1654
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regul8ter18 View Post
Well last time I posted I had a really bad cold and here's the update. I was feeling better and thought I was in the last stages. I just had a little cough at night and that was about it. I even got a few double digit runs in. However I woke up at about 2 this morning and felt horrible again so I went to the doctor and found out that I now have a bacterial sinus infection. Great way to start 2013.

I am now taking antibiotics the size of a horse pill (no joke I have to cut them in
half). So I am hoping that I feel better by next week. I'm not even worried about the race I will struggle though that I just don't want to be that person on the plane.

Courtney
I've had tons of sinus infections and had to take those fun-sized pills..lol..I bet you'll be feeling much better soon now that you're on the antibiotics! Hang in there!
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #1655
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regul8ter18

Courtney
You're not flying in from NY are you? Just kidding, feel better.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #1656
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
OKW Marathon peeps, what time are you walking over to the start line? Or are you taking the bus? I'm all about the extra sleep but I don't know my way around OKW area enough to walk by myself.
I'll leave OKW around 4:30ish (depends on where my room is located).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post
Are you ladies at French Quarter or Riverside? Can you walk from Riverside?
POR is farther away from the corrals than POFQ, of course, so it's up to you if that's a doable walk.
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #1657
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
I've been training with a Camelbak backpack and I'd like to use it during the race. Does anyone know of any reason why they wouldn't allow it? I e-mailed RunDisney to ask them but they never responded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Ooh, good question - I hadn't even considered whether hydration packs wouldn't be allowed! I have a Nathan pack I love (and have been training with on my longer runs), and I was definitely planning on wearing it for the half...

Liz
You can run with the backpack but you have to stop at security to let them inspect at every park...

OK, just kidding ....Seriously, if you have trained with it and feel like you need it for the race, then by all means bring it. Do take a look at the race map and you will see that plenty of water stops are provided for the race. It's all about your comfort level at this point. The aid stations are not spaced very evenly in the first half of the race, but after that, they average about a mile apart.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #1658
disgrits
DIS Veteran

This may be a stupid question, but my DH and I were wondering how many runners are running the half and how many are running the full marathon? This is his first, so it's all new to us.

disgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #1659
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
This may be a stupid question, but my DH and I were wondering how many runners are running the half and how many are running the full marathon? This is his first, so it's all new to us.
In really round numbers

~ 15,400 Full
~ 17,600 Half

Then add ~ 10,100 Goofy runners.

I guess doing the math ~25,500 Full and ~27,700 Half total

On Monday, I would expect 18k finishers for either race. Disney has a lot of shrinkage between slots and actual runners/finishers
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #1660
Freight Train
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
You can run with the backpack but you have to stop at security to let them inspect at every park...

OK, just kidding ....Seriously, if you have trained with it and feel like you need it for the race, then by all means bring it. Do take a look at the race map and you will see that plenty of water stops are provided for the race. It's all about your comfort level at this point. The aid stations are not spaced very evenly in the first half of the race, but after that, they average about a mile apart.
Not cool!!! Do you have any idea how hard it is to restart one's OWN heart???

OK. You got me good. I know the water stops are pretty good but I figured that since I've trained with it and I'm comfortable with it I'd give it a go. Besides, I don't think I'm coordinated enough to do the tapered dixie cup technique!!! Thanks for the info!
Freight Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #1661
garneska
Mouseketeer

Quote:

OK. You got me good. I know the water stops are pretty good but I figured that since I've trained with it and I'm comfortable with it I'd give it a go. Besides, I don't think I'm coordinated enough to do the tapered dixie cup technique!!! Thanks for the info!
In previous years i have trained with and ran the race with a camelback. If you are comfortable with it, I say go for it. For me it was nice to know i had water and could drink it easily. Plus it gave me space to carry a few things. This year i will run with a fuel belt. I just wanted a change and thought not having something on my back would be better.

Goofy Finisher 2010 2011 2012 2013 and 2014
Mickey Finisher 2003 (yes i said 2003) 2008 and 2009
Donald Finisher 2007
Disneyland Half Marathon 2010 and 2012
garneska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #1662
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I understand the comfort of doing the same thing in the race.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #1663
MightyDuck001
Mouseketeer

It's getting so close.
Does anyone want to ride the bus over to the marathon with me from POR? I'll be wearing a yellow and red minnie mouse sparkle skirt and you can't miss me because I'll be having a mini panic attack/nervous breakdown. Feel free to say hello.
MightyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #1664
Qltrgrl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDuck001 View Post
It's getting so close.
Does anyone want to ride the bus over to the marathon with me from POR? I'll be wearing a yellow and red minnie mouse sparkle skirt and you can't miss me because I'll be having a mini panic attack/nervous breakdown. Feel free to say hello.
I will also be having a mini panic attack....wearing a "Mouse about Town" Sparkle tech skirt but traveling from the Poly. We need to just breathe!! Good Luck!
Qltrgrl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #1665
kmg148
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph0808 View Post
Question on photos. I know brightroom offers a package (well, that is what I gathered from what you guys talk about on here!). Is this something I purchase at the expo? Online after the race? Thanks!
I got mine after online! I felt better seeing the pictures before buying, just in case there weren't any good ones!
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: