Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #106
reiella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySweetheart View Post
We were at BoG on Nov. 20. We waited an hour and a half for our table. I have visited WDW many times in the past and have never had to wait this long for a meal even at some of the most popular restaurants. I think I wouldn't have minded the wait so much if my meal had tasted better. Both my husband and I agreed that it was the worst meal we have ever had at Disney in all the years we've been going. (I had the seafood in the puff pastry--Husband had a pork dish.) Our children, however, enjoyed their meals and the restaurant was very beautiful. With all that said, I will be canceling our reservation for our March trip.
That does suck. I personally would have just said drop it, and went to get some QS instead at that point.
reiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #107
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86

A few people keep saying that, but have yet to offer a solution....
A solution was offered in a previous post, Disney should have booked less ADRs. Disney made a mistake...should a delay over 15 minutes have happened? NO!
I'm sure as people with late in the evening ADRs read this post we will see similar delays.

Once again, my post was to alert people to the fact that if you have a late BOG ADR you will most likely experience an unjust delay in getting seated. As in my case, I was offered a 20% meal discount, but since I had already PURCHASED and planned to use a Tables in Wonderland card, I was offered a less lucrative free desserts.

FYI, my family and I are not angry at Disney, we enjoyed the meal and were served very well once we were seated. Bottom line, BOG seating is currently NOT up to what other restaurants on property are doing, IMHO. So, if you are one of the lucky ones that can afford to go to WDW, have BOG ADRs and don't get seated in a timely manner, then speak up, if enough people get a discount, I'm sure Disney Management will take notice and make changes....Don't be passive and accept their mistake.
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #108
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Fan View Post
A solution was offered in a previous post, Disney should have booked less ADRs. Disney made a mistake...should a delay over 15 minutes have happened? NO!
I'm sure as people with late in the evening ADRs read this post we will see similar delays.

Once again, my post was to alert people to the fact that if you have a late BOG ADR you will most likely experience an unjust delay in getting seated. As in my case, I was offered a 20% meal discount, but since I had already PURCHASED and planned to use a Tables in Wonderland card, I was offered a less lucrative free desserts.

FYI, my family and I are not angry at Disney, we enjoyed the meal and were served very well once we were seated. Bottom line, BOG seating is currently NOT up to what other restaurants on property are doing, IMHO. So, if you are one of the lucky ones that can afford to go to WDW, have BOG ADRs and don't get seated in a timely manner, then speak up, if enough people get a discount, I'm sure Disney Management will take notice and make changes....Don't be passive and accept their mistake.
That's not a solution... a solution is something that can be done to fix a problem - and saying something should have been done in the past does not solve a current issue.

And we disagree I guess. I don't think Disney overbooked. I think they planned table time based on the past openings they've had and people have exceeded those times which is not something you can predict. If you know it takes an average of 1 hour to flip a table, and you give the tables 1.5 to allot for lingering, then you'd assume that you've covered it. Particularly if that has worked in the past.

And again, it doesn't sound like there is a consistent long wait like the one you've experienced.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #109
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

I'm waiting for the "due to customer response and to enhance the Disney experience" statements coming from Disney. That generally means a dumbing down of the original experience they have created for us to enjoy.

While i feel bad for the OP's experience, i do favor a more relaxed atmosphere when we dine. I wouldn't want to be rushed. (although we wouldn't "overstay our welcome" either) Mistakes will happen.

We had a similar experience where we had reservations at The Plaza, and they seated all walk-up's first. We waited about an hour after our reservation time before we got in. Was it right? By no means no... But it didn't ruin our vacation either.

I'm not a Disney sympathizer, but there will be a break-in period. We see similar situations happen at our local chain restaurants...why would we expect less at Disney? Even at establishments where you call in for advance reservations, you arrive only to have to wait for your table. Disney did try to compensate to some degree with this situation, we don't get that treatment at the local chain places. People are people whether at home or at Disney, again mistakes will happen.

I know some will feel that i'm too passive...i just can't get angry about stuff like this. While some may expect more because of the price of the dining experience, or because "Disney should know better", these are new (or even veteran) employees working in a new venue. Expectations failed can ruin a vacation if you let it.
I'm glad that it didn't ruin the overall vacation experience for the OP and their family.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014

Last edited by Hunclemarco; 11-25-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #110
ls3015
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=aaarcher86;46785927)
A few people keep saying that, but have yet to offer a solution.... QUOTE]

I did offer a solution in an earlier post, Tell them to get out after 2 hours of setting when their done eating, or charge them extra for the time at the table.
I hope the next time these table setters go, they have to wait outside 2 hours to be seated, (Hopefully it's raining) maybe that will change their, it's ok to linger thoughts.
ls3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #111
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
That's not a solution... a solution is something that can be done to fix a problem - and saying something should have been done in the past does not solve a current issue.

And we disagree I guess. I don't think Disney overbooked. I think they planned table time based on the past openings they've had and people have exceeded those times which is not something you can predict. If you know it takes an average of 1 hour to flip a table, and you give the tables 1.5 to allot for lingering, then you'd assume that you've covered it. Particularly if that has worked in the past.

And again, it doesn't sound like there is a consistent long wait like the one you've experienced.

But I actually do think they overbooked at least for November and December. I have been watching very closely and so far have not seen a report yet where someone cancelled an ADR with someone waiting to rebook it and had it show up. I cancelled one myself with someone waiting at the ready to catch it... and no go.

I think they are not allowing any cancellations for Nov/Dec to show back up in the system. That's a fairly unique thing and I think indictes a desire on Disney's part to make up for something. I'm guessing it has something to do with that complete mess they had on their hands on 8/20 when bookings opened and it supposedly required a CC guarantee but didn't prompt customers to actually provide the CC number.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #112
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

[QUOTE=ls3015;46787349]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86;46785927)
A few people keep saying that, but have yet to offer a solution.... QUOTE

I did offer a solution in an earlier post, Tell them to get out after 2 hours of setting when their done eating, or charge them extra for the time at the table.
I hope the next time these table setters go, they have to wait outside 2 hours to be seated, (Hopefully it's raining) maybe that will change their, it's ok to linger thoughts.
Of course that will start a new thread of "BOG Table sitters " They'll complain they are threatened with being charged more than others. LOL

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #113
ls3015
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=WILDERNESS FAN 55;46787429]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3015 View Post

Of course that will start a new thread of "BOG Table sitters " They'll complain they are threatened with being charged more than others. LOL
Good, Lets only Hope
Old 11-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #114
A_Princess'_Daddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySweetheart View Post
We were at BoG on Nov. 20. We waited an hour and a half for our table. I have visited WDW many times in the past and have never had to wait this long for a meal even at some of the most popular restaurants. I think I wouldn't have minded the wait so much if my meal had tasted better. Both my husband and I agreed that it was the worst meal we have ever had at Disney in all the years we've been going. (I had the seafood in the puff pastry--Husband had a pork dish.) Our children, however, enjoyed their meals and the restaurant was very beautiful. With all that said, I will be canceling our reservation for our March trip.
I don't doubt that happened to you, but my family was there the same night, checked in at 6:25 for a 6:50 ADR, were seated at 6:40, and had a fantastic meal with excellent service. I also got the pork and thought it was the best meal I've had in the MK by far, and one of the better ones I've had overall at WDW. Neither of us had the puff pastry, as neither of us likes mushrooms and they were in the sauce, but my wife had the salmon and thought it was a fantastic meal.

It sounds like the issues, when they crop up, are serious but also rather localized while others report positive experiences at the same time, leading me to wonder if they have ADRs preassigned into zones within the restaurant in which to seat guests, so one zone could have issues if people are lingering or there are service issues, while other zones are cycling correctly. This could also explain the OP's issue where another guest was seated before him. Doubtful, as it would be a fairly sophisticated algorithm and WDW has never shown itself to be particularly tech savvy, but it would explain the localized issues.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #115
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=ls3015;46787349]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86;46785927)
A few people keep saying that, but have yet to offer a solution.... QUOTE

Why would they stifle one problem with a time limit, only to impose a new one? You either have a few people complaining about the wait times, or a few people complaining about being rushed out. Either way it's 'I paid xxx for this meal and this is preposterous,' threads from guests. If people decided to pay a fee on the spot, you'd still face the same problem.

Again - it doesn't seem to be happening very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
But I actually do think they overbooked at least for November and December. I have been watching very closely and so far have not seen a report yet where someone cancelled an ADR with someone waiting to rebook it and had it show up. I cancelled one myself with someone waiting at the ready to catch it... and no go.

I think they are not allowing any cancellations for Nov/Dec to show back up in the system. That's a fairly unique thing and I think indictes a desire on Disney's part to make up for something. I'm guessing it has something to do with that complete mess they had on their hands on 8/20 when bookings opened and it supposedly required a CC guarantee but didn't prompt customers to actually provide the CC number.

Could be. They could also be welcoming cancellations and refusing them back to the system in order to open up tables to cut down on the wait times since they're higher than expected. Either way - I hope it helps!

We'll be eating there in February. Hopefully the kinks will be worked out
Old 11-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #116
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=aaarcher86;46787819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3015 View Post

Could be. They could also be welcoming cancellations and refusing them back to the system in order to open up tables to cut down on the wait times since they're higher than expected. Either way - I hope it helps!

We'll be eating there in February. Hopefully the kinks will be worked out
Except that cancellations were not showing up even before the restaurant opened, even before the first CM previews. That tells me they had an "oops" somewhere along the way. Or at least a change of heart of some sort. Even before their first experience with seating folks there.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #117
gwmort
DIS Veteran

I think we need to keep in mind that it hasn't even opened yet. The Grand Opening is Dec 6, they are letting us in as Beta testers for a preview period, you can't expect everything to be perfect. Thats the whole point of testing it out before the opening.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #118
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

We have an upcoming ADR for Rose and Crown scheduled specifically an hour before Illuminations to watch the fireworks. If we don't get seated until after Illuminations because another table was done and just getting water refills...
I will NOT be happy! That's just darn rude!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #119
ls3015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
We have an upcoming ADR for Rose and Crown scheduled specifically an hour before Illuminations to watch the fireworks. If we don't get seated until after Illuminations because another table was done and just getting water refills...
Many of us on here have been saying the same thing, it is rude to take up table space while others are waiting and have been waiting, If your done than leave, what is so important you have to waste time sitting in a resturant, It costs way too much just to get into a park to waste the time table sitting so others cannot get in, but the other half see nothing wrong with table sitting, they feel they paid for it.
As for getting into the Rose and crown the hour before, chances are you will allowed in, but will be no wheres near where you can see the fireworks, table setters take them tables 2 hours before.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #120
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
i always make my adr for rose and crown at 7:30 pm.
most of the times, i am seated around 8-8:15.

hopefully you will be seated on time, have a great dinner and view of the fw!

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: