Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #16
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehavesix View Post
I disagree that we should just accept tardy seating. If we can predict that patrons may be a bit slower to leave then Disney can too and should adjust reservations accordingly. We have been here all week and, other than BOG, were seated well within 15 minutes of our reservations at every restaurant. Even with a last minute (same day) reservation at Mama Melrose, we were seated quickly. I do think BOG is experiencing some minor problems due to their newness and I hope all these issues will be ironed out soon. Like Mysteryfan reported, the food was excellent and the service lived up to the name. Our waiter was very attentive and took great care of us. Between the 6 of us, we had 5 different entrees and we all enjoyed our choices very much.
With ADRs being made 6 months out, if they do adjust reservations, it will take a while to show.

Also, the OP was seated within 40 minutes of their ADR time. Not the hour they say it took to be seated. Disney will seat you early if they can, but the odds of that happening at a brand new restaurant are slim to none.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #17
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

The restaurant is brand new. Going through some growing pains. I NEVER plan to eat at a new restaurant for the first 2 months it's opened. Too many kinks to work out. Sounds like a combination of the popularity of the restaurant, plus people likely taking their time to enjoy it. As for the people getting seated before you, maybe they checked in first?

BTW, anyone who waits to be seated, after about 20 minutes you need to start inquiring with the hostess. Don't be rude or demanding but the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so if you voice concern you are likely to be seated sooner rather than later.
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #18
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
The restaurant is brand new. Going through some growing pains. I NEVER plan to eat at a new restaurant for the first 2 months it's opened. Too many kinks to work out.
Agreed. And that applies to resorts too. Look how many people were so excited to be among the first to stay at AoA. And now they are finding there are problems keeping the rooms at a even temperature.

There will always be kinks to work out when opening a new restaurant or resort.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I still think they overbooked BOG from day one. I just don't see reports of anyone seeing an ADR for November or December showing back up in the system when it's released.

We are eating at 4 PM on a MVMCP night. I sure hope they work these kinks out before we get there. Since we'll be in the first seatings (I'm guessing) for dinner, hopefully they won't be backed up yet.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #20
ls3015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydweller View Post
The restaurant has just opened. The first few months are the worst time to make ADRs at any restaurant because a newly opened restaurant has zero history on which to base everything including how rapidly tables turnover. Turnover is based on how long people choose to take eating nit just sevice time. if people choose to linger over dessert and coffee to enjoy the ambuance the longer it takes to turn over tables.

If tables turn over more slowly than was anticipated then ADRs will backup. The longer they are open the more accurate their understanding of these thing will get and they will adjust and improve the ADR process. No two restaurants are exactly the same on this and it does take some time to perfect it. That's why I rarely rush for ADRs at new restaurants. It's the tone you are most likely to run into problems.
Disney has been in the resturant seating business for a long time, no need to make excusses for them.
ls3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #21
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

I don't think it should be expected that BOG would have a flawed seating system because it's new. As the PP mentioned, Disney knows what they're doing when it comes to reservations. But every restaurant runs into problems.
FWIW, we checked in at BOG on Monday 15 minutes before our ADR and were seated within moments. We had a great meal, smooth experience, and were out in just about an hour. In comparison, our meal a month prior at Narcoossee's had us waiting 40 minutes past our ADR for a party of two. That place is certainly not new.
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #22
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
I don't think it should be expected that BOG would have a flawed seating system because it's new. As the PP mentioned, Disney knows what they're doing when it comes to reservations. But every restaurant runs into problems.
It shouldn't be expected that they have a flawed seating system, but it is understandable. Especially so one that has much for guests to look at and soak in.

If Disney cut way back on seatings you would see people complaining that so few could get ADRs.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #23
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer

And if we don't speak out then Disney doesn't know. I would have preferred the host let me know there was going to be a delay as not to have unrealistic expectation from a multi billion dollars company that should know better. If some of you don't mind waiting, more power to you. Happy Thanksgiving! Off to Boma for late lunch.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #24
dalt01
DIS Veteran

this cannot be controlled..........to many random elements............sit tight and and enjoy the anticipation....it is not the end of the world.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #25
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesignlanguage View Post
You had an hour wait with a ressie???? Did you complain?? I got up at 4:30am to make my ressie for my January trip. I better not have to wait 2 hours! Maybe it's b/c it's just opened. Let me know how it turns out for ya!!
I seriously doubt you'll have the same problem in a slow time like January that the OP had Thanksgiving week. I would still expect to wait, but not an hour (or really, 40 minutes past the OP's reservation time).

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #26
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Melissa View Post
I seriously doubt you'll have the same problem in a slow time like January that the OP had Thanksgiving week. I would still expect to wait, but not an hour (or really, 40 minutes past the OP's reservation time).
Does it really matter what week of the year it is? Booked solid is booked solid. Unless they are taking walk-ins. Which I have not yet heard.

My own thought is more about it being the first week of regular operation with ADRs.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #27
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The PP stated that another group with the same number in the party with a later ADR was seated first, that's a bit irritating, even to the best of us. There has to be some type of protocol that they follow in seating guests, it should be first come first served, based on ADR time. There should be no explanation that is acceptable for someone with a later ADR getting seated first, it shouldn't matter who checked in first.
This! I have complete understanding for the restaurant running behind because guests are staying longer than anticipated and such, and wouldn't be annoyed at Disney only for how long it took to get seated. Having another party of the same # of guests, but with a later ADR, get seated before us would absolutely be annoying, though, and I would speak with management. What's the point of having ADRs at all, if the restaurant isn't going to seat guests in at least an approximate order of ADR (even if it's running behind)?

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #28
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
This! I have complete understanding for the restaurant running behind because guests are staying longer than anticipated and such, and wouldn't be annoyed at Disney only for how long it took to get seated. Having another party of the same # of guests, but with a later ADR, get seated before us would absolutely be annoying, though, and I would speak with management. What's the point of having ADRs at all, if the restaurant isn't going to seat guests in at least an approximate order of ADR (even if it's running behind)?
I can see that when they check people in, they might just hand out pagers, then call them back in the same order. But given the high profile nature of this venue, I think they need to take a look at this process. I know that at CRT they have never let us check in more than 10 or 15 minutes pior to our ADR time, even making us get in the back of a long line again for being there 20 minutes before our time. Maybe they need to do the same thing at BOG.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #29
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer

The bottom line is that when anyone reserves a table at x time, they should expect to have a table waiting for them at that exact time, no excuses. I don't care if other patrons are dilly dallying around or not. Disney should have booked less ADRs and that's the bottom line. Disney could have easily filled empty spaces with walk ups. Also, had I not shown up they would have tagged me for $60 for not keeping the reservation. I keep my end of our agreement up.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #30
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Fan
The bottom line is that when anyone reserves a table at x time, they should expect to have a table waiting for them at that exact time, no excuses. I don't care if other patrons are dilly dallying around or not. Disney should have booked less ADRs and that's the bottom line. Disney could have easily filled empty spaces with walk ups. Also, had I not shown up they would have tagged me for $60 for not keeping the reservation. I keep my end of our agreement up.
Expecting a table at the EXACT time is unrealistic. You will be very very disappointed on a regular basis if you truly believe that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: