Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #61
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

A Little Flashback with a Disney Twist!

Today, December 17, 2012, is our 13th wedding anniversary! When I look back at 13 years of marriage, the first thing that comes to mind is how lucky we are! We have had the ups and downs that life throws at everyone, but we have always been able to laugh and count on each other. Our wedding song was “Beautiful in my Eyes” by Joshua Kadison. Part of it says, “And the passing years will show, that you will always grow ever more beautiful, in my eyes.” That is truly what has happened! I can’t believe how fast time has flown, but I know without a doubt that I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Now, for a little anniversary fun:

Brooke & Brian, the original edition:

December 17, 1999!

Weren’t we adorable?? To me, we look like we were babies!

Celebrating our 5th anniversary in WDW—we stayed at All-Star Movies, and I only have 2 pics of us together on this trip because we didn’t use PhotoPass (not sure if they had it!)

These were on our actual 5th anniversary—at MVMCP!

We also celebrated our 10th anniversary in WDW, and by that time, we had been blessed with D (get ready to awwww at his cuteness. . . )

We kept the tradition and went to my favorite park (AK) and to MVMCP on our anniversary! By this time, we were DVC members, and we stayed at SSR.

The years have certainly changed the way we look , but each year has made life even sweeter!

Have a Magical Monday, everyone!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #62
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hope you and D are finally feeling better!!

I know how you are feeling Brooke, this weekend was just heartbreaking, especially when they shared the photos of the sweet little babies.

another fun countdown meal! your animal friends look very festive!

Happy Anniversary! wow Brian looks so different with hair! you both look so happy! and fun way to celebrate your anniversaries over the years!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #63
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hope you and D are finally feeling better!!

I know how you are feeling Brooke, this weekend was just heartbreaking, especially when they shared the photos of the sweet little babies.

another fun countdown meal! your animal friends look very festive!

Happy Anniversary! wow Brian looks so different with hair! you both look so happy! and fun way to celebrate your anniversaries over the years!
We are feeling some better, thanks Lisa!! We've made it through work/school both days, so we're gonna keep on trucking!

Yes, those sweet babies and their teachers are constantly on all of our minds--it is such a sad, sad event. I cannot imagine!

Doesn't Brian look different? I cannot even remember what it was like when he had that much hair! D looked at our wedding pics and said, "who are they??"
Old 12-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #64
StitchIsOurHero

Day 2, Evening Plans:

After a nap, we'll get ready and head back to MK for the evening! D is really excited about this, and we are too! We don't usually make it for fireworks and the parade. . .sometimes because were tired, but sometimes the weather gets in the way! This time, though, it's part of the plan!

We have an ADR at 5, and then it'll be off to get some more MK fun in!

A definite must-do for the night is Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin!

D hated this last time (it was after the Splash Mountain debacle), but we are prepping him this time, and he and I are determined to BEAT DADDY!

If he has his way, we'll go back to the Mickey meet and greet too!

More Fantasyland fun will be had, and we may also try to squeeze in Pirates OR Haunted Mansion. Those are Brian's and my favorite rides, respectively. We definitely want to get those in at least once over the two days!

Then, it's time for nighttime fun!

*pic from All Ears

I am so looking forward to the parade and to the fireworks!!

*pic from All Ears

We are so so so excited to watch the fireworks! There's just something about Wishes that makes me SO happy!

After that, it'll be back to WL for a good-night cookie and then back to sleep! Got to get some Disney dreaming in to get ready for another Magical Day!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #65
StitchIsOurHero

90 DAYS!!!!!

AND it's the last working day (we go for 2 hours) before Christmas Break!! Let's get this day kicked off!!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #66
mommy2mrb

hope you will be able to make it to watch Wishes!

yay for last day of school! you are probably already home, enjoy the rest of the day!

Old 12-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #67
mommy2mrb

wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #68
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Back at you, Lisa!! I hope you and Megan have a very Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #69
StitchIsOurHero

Wishing you all a VERY MERRY and MAGICAL CHRISTMAS!

May it be full of a little bit of silly. . .

A lot of happy. . .

And a whole lot of love and memories!

Have a blessed and safe Christmas, everyone!
Old 12-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #70
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

HI! Friend of Lisa B.'s who dropped in to say Merry Christmas. Glad I did, Dalton is ADORABLE!

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #71
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

HI! Friend of Lisa B.'s who dropped in to say Merry Christmas. Glad I did, Dalton is ADORABLE!

Awww. . .you are SO sweet! Thanks for coming by and for the sweet words about D! He is the light of our lives, for sure! I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas, too! I love your user name, by the way!! I hope you'll read along, too!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #72
StitchIsOurHero

Just a little cruise update!

On 12/21, I paid off the CRUISE!!! WOOHOOOO!! I've had it booked for 15 months now, so it was fun to finally pay it off!

On 12/24 (at midnight), I did our online check-in for the cruise! Just a little funny. . .I knew we weren't doing any excursions, so I didn't have any of that to book at 90 days. However, I wanted to do the online check-in so we could get our Port Arrival Time. . .we wanted an early one!

I had read that excursions opened at midnight, and online check-in opened at 3 am EST. I was all prepped to get up at 2:50 and take care of that, and then go back to bed. I was reading the DIS (I know, shock!!) on the 23rd, and someone had asked a question about the 90-day check-in. I decided to just confirm, and I asked if 3 am was still the right time. A very nice DIS'er told me that it had been reported recently that the online check-in AND excursions were BOTH available at midnight. So at midnight, I hopped on, and by 12:07 am, I was headed back to bed! With. . .

AN 11 AM PORT ARRIVAL TIME!! YAY!! WE GOT THE EARLIEST ONE!! Woohoo!!!

This made the trip seem even more "real", and I am getting so excited!!

I hope all of you had a most blessed holiday!! We are doing Christmas with my in-laws tonight, and then I am ready to get my house back in order. I will be back, probably tomorrow, with another update!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #73
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
So, that was all of the resort goodness. . .now on to the cruise! Or, as D likes to call it, “Mickey’s ‘Fotel’ On The Water”!

We are booked on the Disney Dream from the 24th of March through the 28th of March. We are in a Deluxe Family Oceanview Room, with two portholes. I think I have read that you can sit in them and look out, so D will love that!

We are so excited about the cruise part! D doesn’t really know what to expect, but I think he will love it! Our room is #5522, so it’s above one of the Theaters (sort of). I think we’ll be ok, though. . .we’ve got a white noise machine and we’re not light sleepers!

When we originally booked, I had to take Second Seating because Main was not available. Well, I have worried about that since that point. I knew there was no way that D could wait until 8 pm to eat, and I was pretty sure we’d never make it that long either.

So, I made it my mission to see if I could get it changed. One of the DCL people I talked to when I booked said to call every so often to see if it could be changed—he said, “Remember the squeaky wheel?” So, I called a couple of times this summer, but they would always say, “you are waitlisted, but there isn’t anything”. About 4 weeks ago, I started calling every Tuesday. That is usually a lighter day at work, so it’s easier to call. Every week, they would assure me we were waitlisted and tell me that even if it didn’t come through, I could maybe do it on the day we got on the ship. I was more than happy to do that, but I am such a worrywart, I like to have things taken care of beforehand!

BUT pixie dust was with me last week! I called the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and the really sweet CM told me we were still waitlisted, there was no availability, etc. Then she said that if we couldn’t get it switched, we could always eat at Cabanas (the buffet place). I said, “Yes, I know, and we’ll do that, but I so wanted to try the dining rooms.” She gave me the same spiel again that I could try on the first day. Well, about 10 minutes after that call, I got an email from Disney Cruise Line telling me we had been updated and CHANGED TO MAIN!

I tried to go be excited and share this news with people at work, but they didn’t “get” it! I am already so excited I can’t stand it!!

I can’t wait for the AquaDuck, the dining, the time to relax, and all of that fun stuff!

*photo from AllEars

*photo from AllEars

We have one day in Nassau, one day in Castaway Cay, and one day at sea! Lots of fun will be had, for sure!

I will have more info about our daily plans on that section, but I cannot wait to just see the ship and step on it for the first time!
We were pixie dusted with main seating as well! So excited! Now, if I can only snag a cabana!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #74
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just a little cruise update!

On 12/21, I paid off the CRUISE!!! WOOHOOOO!! I've had it booked for 15 months now, so it was fun to finally pay it off!

On 12/24 (at midnight), I did our online check-in for the cruise! Just a little funny. . .I knew we weren't doing any excursions, so I didn't have any of that to book at 90 days. However, I wanted to do the online check-in so we could get our Port Arrival Time. . .we wanted an early one!

I had read that excursions opened at midnight, and online check-in opened at 3 am EST. I was all prepped to get up at 2:50 and take care of that, and then go back to bed. I was reading the DIS (I know, shock!!) on the 23rd, and someone had asked a question about the 90-day check-in. I decided to just confirm, and I asked if 3 am was still the right time. A very nice DIS'er told me that it had been reported recently that the online check-in AND excursions were BOTH available at midnight. So at midnight, I hopped on, and by 12:07 am, I was headed back to bed! With. . .

AN 11 AM PORT ARRIVAL TIME!! YAY!! WE GOT THE EARLIEST ONE!! Woohoo!!!

This made the trip seem even more "real", and I am getting so excited!!

I hope all of you had a most blessed holiday!! We are doing Christmas with my in-laws tonight, and then I am ready to get my house back in order. I will be back, probably tomorrow, with another update!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Finally caught up on your PTR! It is sounding so wonderful! We enjoyed our first trip to WDW so much - I'm reliving our memories as I read your report! Thank you!

I also stayed up and got the 11 am PAT!! I booked a couple of other things as well. Didn't get the cabana, but I'm still looking daily! Are you interested in joining the FE? If so, let me know...I volunteered to head it up. It is so much fun...I know D would love it! Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #75
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Wishing you all a VERY MERRY and MAGICAL CHRISTMAS!

May it be full of a little bit of silly. . .

A lot of happy. . .

And a whole lot of love and memories!

Have a blessed and safe Christmas, everyone!
Mr. D is so cute! hope he had a magical Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

hey Judy, are you following me

Brooke - Judy.....Judy - Brooke, okay now introductions are done

isn't Dalton a little cutie! Brooke you've got to stop by and visit Judy's thread too, she's got some bigger cuties! and is a wonderful lady!

on getting all checked-in and early arrival! more time to explore the shp!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: