Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Meech Loves Mickey
Mouseketeer

Crystal Palace early breakfast advice needed

I have an 8:15 am ADR booked for our May trip. The entire point of this is to get into the park early and take that walk down Main Street while the park is empty (or nearly empty). And to try and be done with breakfast early enough to get to Fantasyland and Dumbo early, before they open the gates.

What time will they let us into the park for the 8:15 am ADR?
Is this enough time to get a few pics before we go to breakfast?
Or should I anticipate doing this after breakfast? (which leads me to my next question...)

I originally tried to get an 8:05 am ADR and the CM told me the only 8:05am available indicated "different resources" which she explained to me as two separate tables. When I try to book an 8:05am online, it tells me it is available, but when I go to reserve a message appears "Your party may be seated at more than one table". I'm not really sure why I'm getting this message as I am only making reservations for a party of 4!

My dilema is this: Do I keep the 8:15am and hope we have enough time before breakfast to take pics?

Or do I cancel and book the 8:05am and hope they don't sit us a separate tables???

Thanks!!!

~ May 2014 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Feb 2014 Disneyland Resort (Solo Trip!)
~ May 2013 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Dec 2012 Disneyland & Disney California Adventure
~ May 2012 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Oct 2011 WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge & Dream Cruise
~ May 2011 WDW Swan
~ Dec 2010 WDW Coronado Springs
~ Sept 2009 WDW Port Orleans French Quarter
~ Oct 2008 WDW Hilton at Downtown Disney
~ Nov 2005 Disneyland
~ May 2002 WDW Off Property
~ March 2001 WDW Off Property
Meech Loves Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

"Your party may be seated at more than one table" is something they put on every reservation. So, I wouldn't be concerned about that. I'm sure you can get in a good 15 minutes or so before your ADR.

Also, just an FYI. Last time we went I had an 8:05 ADR to get in and get pics like you want. Well, Disney changed hours at the last minute and opened the park at 8 instead of 9 that day. That threw my plans out the window. (This was in March though - but it can happen).
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
lvstitch
Yankees Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnTH View Post
"Your party may be seated at more than one table" is something they put on every reservation. So, I wouldn't be concerned about that. I'm sure you can get in a good 15 minutes or so before your ADR.

Also, just an FYI. Last time we went I had an 8:05 ADR to get in and get pics like you want. Well, Disney changed hours at the last minute and opened the park at 8 instead of 9 that day. That threw my plans out the window. (This was in March though - but it can happen).
Same thing happened to me for next week, I was so mad.

1986-1993 Four trips - off property, 1994 - Grand Floridian (Married in Disney World), 1995 - Polynesian, 2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 2004 - Wilderness Lodge (Concierge), 2005 - Pop Century/Disney Wonder/Grand Floridian(Concierge), 2007 - 1st Nanahead Cruise - Disney Magic 2008 - Disney Magic - Mex Riv , 2008 - Disney Magic - Western, 2009 - Port Oleans Riverside, 2011 - First ever 2-night cruise on the Wonder 2011 - Pop/B2B Disney Dream 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Room
30+ Trips to Disneyland since 2002
lvstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
jamaka66
Mouseketeer

Keep the 8:15 they will let you in a little before 8, you can take pictures as you walk there and they may seat you early. They won't let you in the park till 9 but you are way ahead of the crowd. It's a buffet so there's no waiting for food unless you get an omelet. We do this all the time and we love beating the crowd.
jamaka66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran

Just curious about them changing the park hours and for those who have and ADR...does that mean the CP opens an hour early as well such that you could change your ADR to still get in before park opening, or are you just out of luck in the "empty Main Street" department? (We have 8:15 ADRs for March, and with Spring Break, I'm fairly certain the parking opening will get bumped up...)
DLH October '05 for the 50th!
YC December '06--First WDW Christmas!
GF October '08
YC November '14: making up for '13 cancelled trip
BurleyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
Quin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurleyGirl View Post
Just curious about them changing the park hours and for those who have and ADR...does that mean the CP opens an hour early as well such that you could change your ADR to still get in before park opening, or are you just out of luck in the "empty Main Street" department? (We have 8:15 ADRs for March, and with Spring Break, I'm fairly certain the parking opening will get bumped up...)
8:05 am is the earliest the restaurant will open, whether the park opens at 9 am or 8 am.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Quin! Oh well, I guess we'll just roll with the punches
DLH October '05 for the 50th!
YC December '06--First WDW Christmas!
GF October '08
YC November '14: making up for '13 cancelled trip
BurleyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
meredith1
DIS Veteran

We do CP every departure day. It is a long breakfast. You may not get out in the 45 minutes you have allotted. However, it will be close enough for you to get the good rides in first with little to no wait.

They should let you in by 8:00 which will give you plenty of time to get those great pics you look forward to taking!

I'd switch to the 8:05 if it'll give it to you. They won't split you and your kids up.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #9
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Id book the 805am if you can. the message about separating the tables is a standard message that appears on every adr! if you cant get an 805am then the 815am is just fine. in august we had an 810am adr and still managed to get out before 9am. and they were even 5 min late seating us!

About getting in before 8am to take pics on an empty main st...i was so excited about this. Sadly, oddly, main st was rather busy at 750am that day. So disappointing. lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

We did this last year, and booked an 8:05 ressie again this year specifically to get in the park early!

Last year i just asked the cast member at the gate what time we could go in for our ressie (it was only a couple of minutes after 7:30), he checked our names on a list and said "come on in!"

We took a bunch of pics on the way up Main Street, then a Photo Pass photographer stopped us and spent about 10 minutes taking TONS of pics of the family and just of my daughter in different poses that ended up being for the ballon and Tink pics, all without anyone in the background and a great shot of the castle!

We went and took a few pics of my daughter at the castle, and still made it back to CP a few minutes before our ressies.

It IS a l-o-n-g meal if you want to meet all of the characters.

We got seated, ate, went back for 2nds, waited awhile, went back to get something to snack on, paid the bill and then still waited a bit more to see Piglet, which is my daughters fave.

It was a good hour and 15 minutes or so...but at least you are most of the way up main street, so that gives you a couple of extra minutes head start!

NicoleK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
Meech Loves Mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnTH View Post

Thanks, I was kind of anticipating this might happen, so I have booked a CP lunch that day too. If they change the hours, I will probably cancel the breakfast and just go to the lunch.

~ May 2011 WDW Swan
~ Nov 2005 Disneyland
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
Meech Loves Mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post
We did this last year, and booked an 8:05 ressie again this year specifically to get in the park early!

Last year i just asked the cast member at the gate what time we could go in for our ressie (it was only a couple of minutes after 7:30), he checked our names on a list and said "come on in!"

We took a bunch of pics on the way up Main Street, then a Photo Pass photographer stopped us and spent about 10 minutes taking TONS of pics of the family and just of my daughter in different poses that ended up being for the ballon and Tink pics, all without anyone in the background and a great shot of the castle!

We went and took a few pics of my daughter at the castle, and still made it back to CP a few minutes before our ressies.

It IS a l-o-n-g meal if you want to meet all of the characters.

We got seated, ate, went back for 2nds, waited awhile, went back to get something to snack on, paid the bill and then still waited a bit more to see Piglet, which is my daughters fave.

It was a good hour and 15 minutes or so...but at least you are most of the way up main street, so that gives you a couple of extra minutes head start!

We have been to CP many times, and I agree it is a long meal. But since we have met these characters many times before, skipping out early and not seeing everybody will be OK. (Of course my kids may have other ideas, and that's OK too!)

I think I am going to try and get the 8:05. We are staying at BLT so it will be no problem for us to get there early. I'm hoping if we arrive by 7:30 they may let us in!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

~ May 2011 WDW Swan
~ Nov 2005 Disneyland
Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

My experience has been that if you're at the gates of the MK when they start letting in early morning breakfast patrons (usually between 7:30 and 7:45), they'll just let you in with everyone else. So you'll have just as much of an opportunity to snap pictures on Main Street as anyone with an earlier (e.g., 8:05) ADR.

Likewise, if you check in at the restaurant before it opens, you'll likely be seated with (or not long after) the first group (and almost certainly well before 8:15). In that regard, my experience at Disney restaurants in general has been that when a restaurant opens, the staff is very eager to fill as many tables as possible (most especially true at breakfast buffets). So if you check in before opening, the staff doesn't give a pooh whether your ADR was for 8:05 or 8:15. Instead, they're more than happy to try to seat you ASAP.

For these reasons, I always deliberately book my early morning breakfast ADRs for 8:15. We rely on Disney transportation, so this gives us some wiggle room in case there's a glitch. But at the same time, we've found that as long as we check in before opening, we get seated, at worst, within a few minutes of the restaurant opening (and sometimes right away). So, for us, it's the best of both worlds.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
My experience has been that if you're at the gates of the MK when they start letting in early morning breakfast patrons (usually between 7:30 and 7:45), they'll just let you in with everyone else. So you'll have just as much of an opportunity to snap pictures on Main Street as anyone with an earlier (e.g., 8:05) ADR.

Likewise, if you check in at the restaurant before it opens, you'll likely be seated with (or not long after) the first group (and almost certainly well before 8:15). In that regard, my experience at Disney restaurants in general has been that when a restaurant opens, the staff is very eager to fill as many tables as possible (most especially true at breakfast buffets). So if you check in before opening, the staff doesn't give a pooh whether your ADR was for 8:05 or 8:15. Instead, they're more than happy to try to seat you ASAP.

For these reasons, I always deliberately book my early morning breakfast ADRs for 8:15. We rely on Disney transportation, so this gives us some wiggle room in case there's a glitch. But at the same time, we've found that as long as we check in before opening, we get seated, at worst, within a few minutes of the restaurant opening (and sometimes right away). So, for us, it's the best of both worlds.
Spot on.

And OP..... if you're in a hurry, ask for your check soon after the meal starts. It's a buffet, so it's not like there's some question on what you're ordering. This precludes sitting and waiting on a ticket at the end, which has indeed heppened for us before.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #15
one2admire
Mouseketeer

I'd go for the 8:05. We had a pre-opening ressie and I don't recall being asked for any details, we walked right in.

And, while booking our ressie I received a couple of those "your party may be seated..." mesages for my party of 5 and not once were we separated.
one2admire is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: