Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
CaLyRo
Earning My Ears

Where to eat?

Hi there, new to the board and first time poster! I was hoping to get some help about the dining choices I have made for my family. Just a little background, this is not my first time to Disney, but it is my first time to ever plan it on my own. My last trip was in 2005 when I ran the marathon and my dad booked it all, but we didn't do any of the dining.

With that said, I have booked my family's first trip to Disney for the first week of March. We are going to celebrate my DD's 6th birthday. She will turn 6 in June, but I had promised her a Disney trip for it and I wanted to take advantage of the discounts so we are going in March.

I have made reservations at 1900 Park Fare for dinner (she will be visiting the BBB earlier that day and was told this was a good place to eat after being there), Hollywood & Vine for dinner, Crystal Palace for dinner, Cape May for breakfast, and Chef Mickey's for breakfast.

I am now doubting my decision on the Hollywood & Vine? What should I try to replace it with? I would like to do another character dining and just realized it is not character for dinner....should I try to do breakfast there or change to a different place completely?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
CaLyRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

I did the same thing for Hollywood Vine & Dine We are now eating there for lunch and going back for the show later. Have a fun trip!!

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

We really like Garden Grill dinner with Chip and Dale, Pluto and Mickey. Very good family style meal!
Peter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Assuming you must have a character meal, I would replace it

How about Akershus in Norway. Good food and princesses

Have u tried for ressies at Be Our Guest? Does it have to be charatcers?

If not, I have some suggestions:

Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is great food, then afterwards (dinner) go check out the night vision goggles on the savanna

'ohana, while I think the quality has slipped here recently, it still gets good marks and young kids like the food and the fun games

If your child is adventurous, the Japanese hibachi place Teppan Edo is a lot of fun (the chef is great) and I like the food

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

I second Garden Grill
allstonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #6
CaLyRo
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all the suggestions! It doesn't have to be character. I was just wanting to make sure I make it around what I think she would like the most. She is just excited to be going and really has no idea what she is in for. She keeps asking me is it the size of the fair! She cannot wrap her mind around how much more this will be.

I am going to look into all of these and possibly start rearranging all of our dinner plans to some lunches too instead!

Thanks for all the help!
CaLyRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
Hootch
DIS Veteran

I have never

eaten at Garden Grill, but I think Chip and Dale are two of the funnest characters to meet.

You may also want to check out Ohana if your daughter is a Lilo and Stitch fan. Mickey and Pluto will also be there but also at CM. I cannot remember if our daughter was that into Lilo and Stitch when she was that age.

You're going to 1900 Park Fare so you will see the Cinderella characters. The steps, sisters and mother, are a lot of fun. Cinderella's Royal Table and Askerhus will usually have four princesses at the meals in case your daughter is really into princesses. Mine was.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: