Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
dreamprfct
Earning My Ears

How formal . . .

is formal night?
DH will just take a suit--i figure tux is too formal-
but what about for women? TIA!!
dreamprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamprfct View Post
is formal night?
DH will just take a suit--i figure tux is too formal-
but what about for women? TIA!!

I have the same question...I want to know what to pack, lol.

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

A few guys will wear tux or military uniforms. Most will wear suits, some will wear sports coats and there are usually a few wearing jeans. Most women wear some version of a cocktail dress or afternoon wedding type dress, a very few wear full blown ball gowns, some wear sun dresses and some wear jeans and t shirts.

Bottom line--anything goes.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #4
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Here are our pictures from the semi-formal and formal nights. My husband had a jacket for both nights but removed it for the white backdrop pictures with Tinkerbell. My kiddos are wearing their Easter outfits from last spring. My black/white dress is short sleeve and knee length. I wore the same black shrug both nights.

I think this was the formal night. This was my dressier dress and it is purple, knee-length, and sleeveless. Same shrug as the other picture. Ignore my son's outfit--at the last minute (as in just before we left the cabin) he got upset at the shirt I had for him. Oh well!

I hope these help you! We definitely were dressed right on par with other people in attendance.

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #5
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisSarahK View Post
I hope these help you! We definitely were dressed right on par with other people in attendance.
Thanks for the photos, they do help. DH plans to bring a suit, and I don't think I can convince him otherwise. He doesn't get many chances to dress up at home, and I think he must really enjoy doing so. So we will have an extra garment bag for his suit, sport coat and will add my dresses although they would have gone fine in a regular suitcase.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #6
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

I've stopped bringing the full-length ball gowns, and DH leaves the suits at home. We do just fine with his sports coat and my knee-length dresses or skirts. Sometimes I'll wear a long skirt to hide hairy legs.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #7
realityland
Mouseketeer

Location: Latitude 27° 5' 59.199" Longitude -82° 27' 15.3475" (Venice, Florida)

Wear whatever you want to wear. We played dress-up the entire cruise. Some nights we were more formal, some nights just "business/cruise casual." In general, the vast majority of the people dressed very nicely. I really didn't see anyone that stood out to me as under-dressed or inappropriately dressed.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
Thanks for the photos, they do help. DH plans to bring a suit, and I don't think I can convince him otherwise. He doesn't get many chances to dress up at home, and I think he must really enjoy doing so. So we will have an extra garment bag for his suit, sport coat and will add my dresses although they would have gone fine in a regular suitcase.
A suit will be great! He won't be out of place or over-dressed at all and you'll be very pleased with the pictures after your cruise. Have a wonderful trip!

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: