Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

AoA LM rooms - getting charged for items in the room available for guests to use?

I am a bit confused about something....
this is a part of a post I read about the items in LM rooms -

"the little sign that said the items that were in the room were for guests to enjoy but if you took them it would be charged to your account (not word for word but very close to the wording)"

I have stayed at Pop quite a few times and we've always used the items in the room (little shampoos, conditioners, soap etc....) without a charge.

Can anyone else confirm this for me? (I really don't need to use any of the stuff in the room, but with two small kids who play with everything, I'd like to know ahead of time!)

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by discookiemonsta View Post
I am a bit confused about something....
this is a part of a post I read about the items in LM rooms -

"the little sign that said the items that were in the room were for guests to enjoy but if you took them it would be charged to your account (not word for word but very close to the wording)"

I have stayed at Pop quite a few times and we've always used the items in the room (little shampoos, conditioners, soap etc....) without a charge.

Can anyone else confirm this for me? (I really don't need to use any of the stuff in the room, but with two small kids who play with everything, I'd like to know ahead of time!)
I do not believe they are referencing the soaps, etc....they are referencing the themed items in the room like wall hangings, bedspreads, shower curtains....yeah, apparently some pretty classy people have been lifting those items...I remember it being reported as happening at the POR royal rooms too.

Unfortunately, there are enough ridiculous people out there that they felt the need to put a sign up to remind you not to steal!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Oh ok, that, in strange way, actually makes more sense to me now!

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
mountdew1
DIS Veteran

Much in the same way that fancy hotels may provide bathrobes for use (GF I'm looking at you) they will often have signs that say feel free to use them while you are a guest, but you will be charged if you take them when you leave.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
scdak
DIS Veteran

I am the OP that commented about the sign on the vanity, and I too think it meant the items in the room such as curtains, wall hangings etc. Trust me, I can't imagine anyone stealing the towels like I have heard people to at hotels, they not worth having! I just found it amazing that Disney would have to put that little notice in the room but I guess there are people that would steal from the rooms? Shoot, I felt bad after one trip where I found a washcloth from a cruise ship in my bag, it had been around an ice pack and I didn't realize it was packed with the reusable ice bag when I was leaving the cabin, but even funnier was the fact that the next year I took it back on our next cruise and put it in our dirty towels that first night!!!
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Sooooooooo, how much do they charge for a missing shower curtain?????? The ones from POP would match my bathroom great, but they're technically unavailable for purchase..............
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
DisneyDork712
DIS Veteran

I wish they would just sell this type of thing in the resort gift shops. They would make wonderful souvenirs!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDork712 View Post
I wish they would just sell this type of thing in the resort gift shops. They would make wonderful souvenirs!
They sell the AoA shower curtains at Ink and Paint. They were close to $100 I think.
Mom2Luci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

I do not believe they are referencing the soaps, etc....they are referencing the themed items in the room like wall hangings, bedspreads, shower curtains....yeah, apparently some pretty classy people have been lifting those items...I remember it being reported as happening at the POR royal rooms too.

Unfortunately, there are enough ridiculous people out there that they felt the need to put a sign up to remind you not to steal!!
Wow, it would never occur to me that someone would steal a bedspread or painting off the wall. How on earth do they think they could get away? Like housekeeping wouldn't notice your beds have no blankets. That's crazy but I guess if you are a thief you must not be too bright.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #10
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
Wow, it would never occur to me that someone would steal a bedspread or painting off the wall. How on earth do they think they could get away? Like housekeeping wouldn't notice your beds have no blankets. That's crazy but I guess if you are a thief you must not be too bright.
Someone stole one of those beautiful framed prints off the wall of the lobby at the Wilderness Lodge, I have friends that work Disney resorts and the amount of stealing would shock most of us.

DVC used to have Fiestaware in the kitchens, but have had to go to generic white to try and stop people from taking them.

It really is sad.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: