Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #586
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

Hahaha! Love it! Brandon did a great imitation of Gaston!

Nope - haven't eaten at BOG yet. It wasn't open AT ALL when Cynthia and I were there. When I see how hard it is to get a reservation there I am so thankful I snagged one for June 9th! Woo hoo !

Love the update. I loved the Little Mermaid ride. It is just perfect. Can't wait to go back even though I know Denny could care less about the little mermaid.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #587
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

dead.

I love how your relaxing, no park day turned into, "let's eat in Beast's castle and frolick through the Disney films... No big deal. AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! And I LOVE LeFou's Brew. I miss it. I want it now. I need to have it.

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #588
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

SO SO fun that you got to explore New Fantasyland!! I felt the same the first time we ate at Be Our Guest - I was so excited, and it was so beautiful - I didn't care how the food tasted! And it was pretty good! I haven't tried LeFou's Brew yet, but it's definitely on my list for next time!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #589
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

We had fast passes for Ariel, so we didn't see the normal queue line. It's ADORABLE though! I love it!!!!!!

Gastons is perfectly themed! I could go for a LeFou's brew right now to!
Belle is my favorite princess to! We didn't get a chance to go in the shop though! Need to do that next time!!!!

I LOVE NFL!!!! It's perfect and lovely!!!!

Poly is gorgeous! I'd love to stay there one day!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Old 05-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #590
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I am SO excited about the Little Mermaid queue and Eric's Castle! Probably more than anything else in the FLE. Seriously, that sounds like SUCH a fun morning!! I love the photo of Brandon channeling Gaston.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 05-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #591
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Ahhh all of New Fantasyland is just fantastic. The Little Mermaid ride looks so adorable! I can't wait to see it! (November is forever away!!!!)
Gaston's tavern looks really fun too. Love Brandon's pic in Gaston's chair!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #592
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited to see New Fantasyland! I keep hoping that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is operational when we get there but it's not supposed to be until 2014 so I won't hold my breath!

I am the same way with The Poly...I always take a million pictures just walking through. People are always like "OMG you stayed there?!" and I have to be like "no, I just went there for breakfast...." Someday!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #593
cutejellybeen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]

I liked that it was advertising the Osborne Lights, which was what we were there to see that night! I LOVE the Osborne Lights, and even though we saw them the night they started, that was only for a few minutes and it was so crowded you could barely walk around. I was hoping to spend lots of time there tonight!

Up next...the Osborne Lights and DHS magic hours!

That couple getting their photo taken in your photo?? TOTALLY ME!! Well, my husband and I!! haha I was wondering when I started reading your TR (which I love by the way) if my hubby and I would have been at any parks the same day, thinking it would be hilarious if we ended up in your photos AND WE DID!! I'm very over excited over here haha.

okay, back to catching up on the rest of the trip!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #594
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I have no idea how I missed an update.

Brandon did awesome as Gaston. The pictures you got "Under the Sea" are great.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #595
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a fun afternoon this was. I want to go back!!!!
I know! Me too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
SUPER jealous! Can't believe you got to eat at BOG!! That's AWESOME! I honestly haven't seen ANY pictures from there yet, so it was cool to see inside.
Thanks for sharing.
I've only read 1 TR where the person didn't like the Under the Sea ride... but they didn't get to go in BOG.
Also, I thought BOG was a formal, sit down restaurant- more like Le Celier.
So, good to know.
I know, it was crazy, I could not believe we got to eat there! I thought maybe we'd get to go in and look around, but actually eating there was awesome!

I loved the Ariel ride! I remember when they did previews in October, a lot of people complained about it, that it was too short. I thought it was fantastic!

BOG is formal for dinner, a nice sit down restaurant, but for lunch it's table service! It's so cool that it can be both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great New Fantasyland updates!

You know from my update that I loved the Little Mermaid ride and I also don't care that they used the same ride vehicles. I mean really, some people are going to complain because of that?! I don't get it.

haha, I got that Belle cup too for my Lefou's Brew! For the first time I felt I had to, kind of like when my sisters and I went to Universal and got our Butterbeer! But yeah, I most likely won't get the souvenir cup again.
Thanks!

LOL I know, I think the shells are cute! It's such an awesome ride!

OMG pretty much the only reason I want to go to Universal is to try Butterbeer! I really have no interest in Harry Potter other than that, it just sounds SO good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hahaha! Love it! Brandon did a great imitation of Gaston!

Nope - haven't eaten at BOG yet. It wasn't open AT ALL when Cynthia and I were there. When I see how hard it is to get a reservation there I am so thankful I snagged one for June 9th! Woo hoo !

Love the update. I loved the Little Mermaid ride. It is just perfect. Can't wait to go back even though I know Denny could care less about the little mermaid.
Haha, I love that picture!

Yay I'm so glad you got a BOG reservation! I'm not sure I'm going to bother for my next trip, since I've already eaten there and there are tons of other places I'd rather go, but I might try to get in for lunch!

Thanks! LOL I thought Brandon wouldn't care about the Little Mermaid either, but he really liked the ride! Maybe Denny will surprise you and like it!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #596
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
dead.

I love how your relaxing, no park day turned into, "let's eat in Beast's castle and frolick through the Disney films... No big deal. AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! And I LOVE LeFou's Brew. I miss it. I want it now. I need to have it.
I KNOW!!! It was such a great day! I have to leave a few days unplanned for my next trip, because it's just so fun, doing whatever you want!! I'd love some LeFou's brew right now, it's so hot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
SO SO fun that you got to explore New Fantasyland!! I felt the same the first time we ate at Be Our Guest - I was so excited, and it was so beautiful - I didn't care how the food tasted! And it was pretty good! I haven't tried LeFou's Brew yet, but it's definitely on my list for next time!
I know, I loved New Fantasyland!! I thought the food was good at Be Our Guest, I actually think I like lunch there better than dinner! It's just so pretty, I'd go there just to feel like I was in the movie! LeFou's brew is good, you should definitely try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
We had fast passes for Ariel, so we didn't see the normal queue line. It's ADORABLE though! I love it!!!!!!

Gastons is perfectly themed! I could go for a LeFou's brew right now to!
Belle is my favorite princess to! We didn't get a chance to go in the shop though! Need to do that next time!!!!

I LOVE NFL!!!! It's perfect and lovely!!!!

Poly is gorgeous! I'd love to stay there one day!
The queue line is really cute! But still, I'd take FP's over standing in line, no matter how cute the area is!

You have to go in Belle's shop, it's so perfect! I wanted to buy everything in there!! New Fantasyland is the best! I could spend a whole day there!

I need to stay in the Poly someday, I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I am SO excited about the Little Mermaid queue and Eric's Castle! Probably more than anything else in the FLE. Seriously, that sounds like SUCH a fun morning!! I love the photo of Brandon channeling Gaston.
I know, I was the most excited about the Little Mermaid ride! I didn't know what to expect with Be Our Guest, but it was amazing!! I just love New Fantasyland!

Haha, isn't that a great picture? I love it!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #597
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Ahhh all of New Fantasyland is just fantastic. The Little Mermaid ride looks so adorable! I can't wait to see it! (November is forever away!!!!)
Gaston's tavern looks really fun too. Love Brandon's pic in Gaston's chair!
It really is! I love it so much! Haha, November will be here before you know it, don't worry! I'm a pro when it comes to waiting for November trips, that's my month lol!

Gaston's is really cute, I love how it's all decorated with antlers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I'm so excited to see New Fantasyland! I keep hoping that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is operational when we get there but it's not supposed to be until 2014 so I won't hold my breath!

I am the same way with The Poly...I always take a million pictures just walking through. People are always like "OMG you stayed there?!" and I have to be like "no, I just went there for breakfast...." Someday!!!
OMG I can't believe you haven't seen New Fantasyland yet!! You're going to die! It's so ridiculous!! I wish the Mine Train would open this year, but you know, it's a good reason to go back next year!

Haha, yep, I only go to the Poly to eat and loiter on the beach for a little while! Someday I'll stay there...hopefully May 2015!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutejellybeen View Post
That couple getting their photo taken in your photo?? TOTALLY ME!! Well, my husband and I!! haha I was wondering when I started reading your TR (which I love by the way) if my hubby and I would have been at any parks the same day, thinking it would be hilarious if we ended up in your photos AND WE DID!! I'm very over excited over here haha.

okay, back to catching up on the rest of the trip!
WHAT??? That's crazy lol!!! I always wonder if people will see themselves in my random pictures and you did! Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have no idea how I missed an update.

Brandon did awesome as Gaston. The pictures you got "Under the Sea" are great.
OMG I'm so behind on everyone's TR's...just when I think I have time, something else happens and I end up being away from the DIS for days!

Thanks, I love the Little Mermaid ride, I wish my camera was better at action shots though! And I love that picture of Brandon! I should get some weird wooden frame for it or something! Something that looks like antlers!

Old 05-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #598
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Ahh, so with you on the amazingness of New Fantasyland! It's just beautiful there. I REALLY can't wait to spend more time there during our next trip. I am beyond excited to eat a cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern, and we might even try the pork shank! I just am super excited for itttt, eeeee. I clearly need a Disney World fix at the moment, don't mind me.

Girl, you should so spend more time at the Disney pools, especially when it's hot out! It's like my favorite thing to do when it's hot out, just relax by the pool and not have a care in the world. I plan on doing that a LOT in September on those hot afternoons, that's for sure. It's funny, when I was 6 and we went to Disney World, my favorite part was swimming and going down the slide at Caribbean Beach Resort, hahaha. Forget the parks, my 6 year old self wanted to swim!

I think I want to stay at the Poly one day. Like, if they open up a DVC there, I'd totally book a few nights there just to see what it's like! It's so pricey but so beautiful... I love visiting it every trip!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #599
amazingact21
Upendi

I agree with you on the Little Mermaid ride, it was cool to see a beloved film be brought to life. And I think they did a good job on it, no matter what others might think. When I came to the Ursula scene, I was kind of "wowed" by how big and life-like she was.

It sounds like you had fun exploring the New Fantasyland!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 05-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #600
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Ahh, so with you on the amazingness of New Fantasyland! It's just beautiful there. I REALLY can't wait to spend more time there during our next trip. I am beyond excited to eat a cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern, and we might even try the pork shank! I just am super excited for itttt, eeeee. I clearly need a Disney World fix at the moment, don't mind me.

Girl, you should so spend more time at the Disney pools, especially when it's hot out! It's like my favorite thing to do when it's hot out, just relax by the pool and not have a care in the world. I plan on doing that a LOT in September on those hot afternoons, that's for sure. It's funny, when I was 6 and we went to Disney World, my favorite part was swimming and going down the slide at Caribbean Beach Resort, hahaha. Forget the parks, my 6 year old self wanted to swim!

I think I want to stay at the Poly one day. Like, if they open up a DVC there, I'd totally book a few nights there just to see what it's like! It's so pricey but so beautiful... I love visiting it every trip!
I know, I just love New Fantasyland! I could spend hours there and not do anything! I can't wait until the Mine Train is open and the whole area comes together!

AHHHH I need a Disney fix too!!! I wish I was there right now for the 24 hour thing! So jealous of everyone who is lol!

I know, I need to spend more time at the pools. I don't know why we don't it's usually because we have to choose between napping or swimming and napping always wins haha! I was surprised I actually went in the pool twice when I went with my sister in February!

I need to stay at the Poly!!! I've wanted to forever, I almost booked it for one of our trips, but it's just SO freakin expensive!! I better start saving now if I want to stay there for our 5 year anniversary in 2 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I agree with you on the Little Mermaid ride, it was cool to see a beloved film be brought to life. And I think they did a good job on it, no matter what others might think. When I came to the Ursula scene, I was kind of "wowed" by how big and life-like she was.

It sounds like you had fun exploring the New Fantasyland!
I know, wasn't Ursula awesome? I was amazed at how big she was too! The whole ride is amazing, I could go on it over and over if they'd let me!

I did! New Fantasyland was amazing!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: