Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #46
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

I don't blame you for freaking out about your flight getting potentially canceled. I am very glad it didn't. What's with DHs not getting nervous like we all do? Living in Minnesota I am always nervous about traveling in the winter. I have been checking the weather daily for this trip. Looks like 42 and clear when we leave on Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Your sandwhich looks so good! Yum yum. Can't wait to read more

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 11-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #47
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Cats love suitcases don't they? And boxes. And tops of fridges. It's adorable.

Thank goodness everything with your flight ended up okay!!!

OMG. I would have been freaking out about the suitcase thing! Thank God nobody picked it up mistakenly thinking it was theirs!

That sandwich looks and sounds AMAZING, and I don't even like cranberry stuff!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #48
amazingact21
Upendi

Talk about unnecessary stress before the start of a trip. That's never fun, because all you want to do the last week leading up to a WDW vacation is celebrate and daydream about all the fun you're going to have in a few short days.

I couldn't imagine having to drive through all that snow. Then again, it's been 14 years since I've lived anywhere that snowed, so seeing that picture of the road made my jaw drop. I forget that it snows up north. (Must have been nice to wake up with cold weather and sit down for lunch in sunny FL!)

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #49
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Hopefully this rough start gets all of the bad stuff out of the way for the rest of your trip! I love your Friends reference with the sandwich too, btw!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 11-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #50
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Oh, that must've been SO nerve wracking!! I LOVE the anticipation of a trip to WDW, and when something messes with that, it's just not cool!

So glad you made it to Florida and can't wait to read more!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #51
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

I would be just as stressed about possibly getting delayed, BUT glad you weren't!!!!

OMG that holiday sandwich looks DELICIOUS!!!!

And yay for DTD being decorated for the holidays
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #52
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I would have been nervous if I had seen that snow as we were getting ready to leave too. That is my biggest fear of our upcoming trip in 11 days that we will get hit with a snowstorm.

Hooray for arriving and seeing the beautiful sign.

We won't get to Earl of Sandwich this trip, but we plan on it in June and August.
Can't wait to hear all about the resort and first park day
Ugh, I can't tell you how stressed I was the days leading up to our trip! I was convinced we just weren't going! I hope you don't have to deal with snow of any kind for your trip! I loved going to Disney in December, but I was in a panic about snow last year too! Luckily we didn't get any, but still, it's a concern!

I love EoS, but I can understand skipping it on a short trip! Sometimes it's hard to fit DTD in the plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
LOL so I am thinking to myself, I wonder if Jen started her TR. I would think by now she has. So I click on your pre-trip report and what do you know. OK, back to reading.
Haha, yeah, I couldn't wait! Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutejellybeen View Post
Hi- I'm joining in!! Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!! My husband and I honeymooned at Disney from the 10th- 16!! I'm so missing it already and knowing we likely won't go again til we have kids.
Yay, welcome! Wasn't it a great week to go? A bit more crowded than I'm used to, but it was such great weather and so Christmasy and perfect! I'm missing it too, serious Disney withdrawals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post
I felt so nervous reading that update! I was so sure you were going to say your flight was cancelled.

Earl of Sandwich is the perfect first meal. When we arrive next year it will be dinnertime US time but bedtime for our UK bodies. If I didn't know we'd be so shattered we'd head for EoS. We tried it last summer in NYC after all the rave reviews on DIS. My boyfriend also opts for the boring tuna melt!
It was really nerve wracking, just waiting to see how bad the snow would get, and if Hartford would start canceling flights! Luckily, they only ended up canceling 12 flights through that whole storm! The NY airports all but shut down, crazy!

Maybe once you arrive in Disney, you won't be too tired to get a sandwich! I actually love the tuna melt, it's so good, but when you have the option to get the holiday sandwich, you have to go with that!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #53
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I'm here, I'm here! What a stressful start to the trip. I would have freaking out too. Actually that is my biggest worry about our Jan./Feb. trip, the weather here at home!

But you left the snow and cold behind for some of that gorgeous Florida weather!

Earl of Sandwich, yum! We ate there for the first time last March, but we never made it there in October, so I'm hoping to squeeze in a lunch on our next trip.

All your fun Christmas pictures make me want to plan a November/December trip. I love seeing the castle with all the lights on it.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!
Ugh, it was so stressful! I didn't think I'd have to worry about snow in the beginning of November, that seriously never happens! And it was a week after we had the hurricane too!

I really like the thought of going to Disney in January someday, but the thought of snow and flights getting messed up freaks me out! Even thinking about doing DLR or WDW next December is already making me nervous about snow and flights! I guess there's nothing you can really do about it though! Just hope for the best!

It was so nice leaving gloomy CT and being in lovely, sunny Florida less than 3 hours later!

I hope you get to go to EoS again, it's so good!

I love going to Disney around Christmas, it's so beautiful! Except the bad thing is, once I get home from a November trip, I'm wishing I held off for a December trip, since it's much more Christmasy in December! If DLR doesn't work out next year, I'm definitely doing WDW again in December!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
I don't blame you for freaking out about your flight getting potentially canceled. I am very glad it didn't. What's with DHs not getting nervous like we all do? Living in Minnesota I am always nervous about traveling in the winter. I have been checking the weather daily for this trip. Looks like 42 and clear when we leave on Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Your sandwhich looks so good! Yum yum. Can't wait to read more
Thanks, I'm glad it didn't either! I hope the weather stays ok for your flight to Disney!

That's probably the best sandwich in the world, it is just SO good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Cats love suitcases don't they? And boxes. And tops of fridges. It's adorable.

Thank goodness everything with your flight ended up okay!!!

OMG. I would have been freaking out about the suitcase thing! Thank God nobody picked it up mistakenly thinking it was theirs!

That sandwich looks and sounds AMAZING, and I don't even like cranberry stuff!
Haha, yes, cats love anything they can squeeze into, it's so cute! My cats can seriously amuse me for hours doing the most simple, ridiculous things!

I know right? I don't know what I would have done if our flight was cancelled...I'd probably have some kind of nervous breakdown!

Ugh, I can't believe he left his suitcase there! I'm glad it was only there though, I was picturing us running through the entire airport looking for it, and wasting hours of precious Disney time!

OMG that sandwich IS amazing! I love cranberry sauce, but only with Thanksgiving dinner, of course! You can probably ask for it with no cranberries if you really don't like them, but it's just SO good that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Talk about unnecessary stress before the start of a trip. That's never fun, because all you want to do the last week leading up to a WDW vacation is celebrate and daydream about all the fun you're going to have in a few short days.

I couldn't imagine having to drive through all that snow. Then again, it's been 14 years since I've lived anywhere that snowed, so seeing that picture of the road made my jaw drop. I forget that it snows up north. (Must have been nice to wake up with cold weather and sit down for lunch in sunny FL!)
Ugh, I know, it was terrible! Last year I was stressed because I had bronchitis, and this year I was stressed because of the weather! I'm just glad we made it and didn't get delayed or anything!

Haha, I've lived in CT all my life, and I hate driving in the snow! You would think I'd get used to it, but I'm just not! Brandon has no problem driving in it, but me, I freak out!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #54
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Hopefully this rough start gets all of the bad stuff out of the way for the rest of your trip! I love your Friends reference with the sandwich too, btw!
Thank you! Actually, that was all of the bad stuff we had to deal with for the whole trip, the rest of it was amazing! I guess all the stress before was worth it!

Haha, thanks, I'm sure there will be many more Friends references, I'm kind of obsessed with that show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Oh, that must've been SO nerve wracking!! I LOVE the anticipation of a trip to WDW, and when something messes with that, it's just not cool!

So glad you made it to Florida and can't wait to read more!
Ugh, it was! I was so mad that the stupid snow had to ruin my Disney anticipation!

I'm glad we made it too, I really needed this trip! It was so nice to leave the cold behind and be in sunny Florida for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I would be just as stressed about possibly getting delayed, BUT glad you weren't!!!!

OMG that holiday sandwich looks DELICIOUS!!!!

And yay for DTD being decorated for the holidays
I didn't care if we were delayed a little, I just wanted to get there, I was more worried about being cancelled all together! I'm so glad our flight was on time!

It really is delicious! I want another one before the holiday season is over...I might try to talk Brandon into a little trip to NYC, but he hates going there, so it might not happen...but there's an EoS there!!!

DTD was so pretty, all decorated for Christmas! I love hanging out there!

Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #55
sazzifrazz
Mouseketeer

Im going the same week next year. I can't wait to read your TR and see how the crowds and weather were.

That was a lot of snow you got! We are in Boston and all we got was rain.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #56
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

How stressful. I was on the Dream when that hit and so many people from Jersey were also on that cruise and were not too excited about going home to that.

I had to pick up our tickets early too. I went ti guest service at the international gateway and their system isn't up to date so it took a little longer, but it worked out fine for us too.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #57
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - I totally missed the start of your TR, so thanks for the heads-up! I needed it. Clearly I did.

Holy moly morning snow. No wonder you were panicked about whether your flight would be canceled. So glad everything went off without a hitch.

Now let me ask you this - don't you always question you home location choice when you leave in the freezing cold snow and you arrive 2.5 hours later to glorious sunshine.

Yeah for being able to separate your park tickets.

Can't wait to see your room!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #58
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I would have been so stressed as well if I had been in your situation!

I don't get why Disney would want to stop letting people get their tickets early when they have a package. What could they gain? Do they really think people are just going to buy a 1-day ticket (crazy expensive!), or extend their package and possibly give up their discount? Hum, no! People will either just not go to a park the first day, or just don't show up until their package is ready. Then Disney will be out whatever money those people would have paid on the room and food that first day. Sorry, mini rant over.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #59
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Sorry for the rocky start, but I'm sure that just made you all the more excited to arrive in Disney World! Our first stop of our trip was Earl also. Can't beat those delicious sandwiches! I haven't tried the holiday sandwich yet but every time I've read about them in a TR, it's nothing but rave reviews! Maybe one day.

Great start so far, looking forward to more!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 11-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #60
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

That was the Nor'Easter the week after Hurricane Sandy... I vividly remember them predicting that and not being sure exactly where it was going to be centered... Philadelphia, New York, Boston... and then CT got hit the worst I believe... Oh wow... I'd have been freaking out...

But fortunately you arrived with a few minor bumps... and you're getting yummy sandwiches so now hopefully all flows and is good...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: