Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #511
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I love the picture of your DH watching the cartoons The Beach Club is so beautiful (and also on my list of resorts I NEED to stay at). I've been to Cape May for breakfast and it is one of our favourites. It looks really yummy for dinner too though!
Haha, me too! He loves those old classics!

I love the Beach Club, I'd stay there every trip if I could afford it! I would love to try Cape May for breakfast someday, maybe on my next trip! Dinner is really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Great update and cute cat pictures! Love the Beach Club and I'm glad you spent some time on the swing just enjoying it.
Thanks! I love the Beach Club, it was so nice to just sit and enjoy it for a little while instead of rushing over to DHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I agree, I love the Beach Club, it's so pretty and wonderful!!!

Ugh, isn't it SO sad that the Oreo Bon Bons are gone?? They were my favorite part of CMC!

Yay for the Osborne lights!!!
The Beach Club is wonderful! I really love it there!

I can't believe the Bon Bons are gone! I guess you can buy them in the marketplace, but still, not the same!

Osborne Lights!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
It is totally possible to love two resorts at once.... I also love the Beach Club... but then when we go over to the Wilderness Lodge... I'm all crushin on it... (not to mention being kind of fond of the Boardwalk and the AKL)

Great F& W photos... I NEED a Godiva Iced Coffee...(seriously I really do... like right about now... Your Pumpkin mousse looked totally yum and I'm with Brandon on the mussels.... I really like them... I just try not to think about it to much...

Ok I really have to try Cape May... I've just really heard too much about it now... (I think they have the oreo bon bons now in the cases at the quick serve in the Beach )

I have to also stick up for Brandon a little about the Disney Cartoons... they're just extra good there on the hotel tvs.... it's true...

Love the window shot of Huey, Duey and Louey...
Haha, I don't know what I'm going to do when I stay at more resorts, because I can already see myself being obsessed with the Boardwalk and the Poly! And so far I've only visited them!

I miss Food and Wine! I need to go back during that time! I want a Godiva iced coffee too!

LOL I agree, it's nice seeing the classic cartoons playing at the resorts!

Thanks, isn't that so cute?

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #512
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I Love Hollywood Studios!

Monday 11/12, Part 4

Hi everyone! Seems like forever since I've updated here! I can't believe I'm still on Monday, at this rate it will be November again before I finish this TR!

Anyway, when we left off, Brandon and I had just gotten to DHS and were headed towards the Osborne Lights. When we got there, we were happy to see that they were not nearly as crowded as the first night we were there!

I have a ton of pictures, so I'll just post them for you guys to enjoy! The lights are so beautiful!

I love how this next one looks like it could really be the window of someone's apartment!

We waited for a photopass picture under the colorful canopy of lights (I don't know what it's technically called lol!) but it came out terribly, or course, so I'm not putting it up, but luckily, the line wasn't too long so it wasn't a totaly waste of time!

Hidden Mickey!

Something new this year that you could meet Santa Goofy at the Lights! The line was kind of long, but I really wanted to wait, because when else would I get to see Santa Goofy? So Brandon reluctantly waited with me haha! Our picture didn't come out as nice as I had hoped but I suppose I can at least show it to you guys!

By then, Brandon was getting bored and it was around 8:00, so we spent a good amount of time at the lights, so I didn't mind if we left to do something else! But then Brandon remembered he didn't find the purple cat like he did last year, so he had to search for it, he's obsessed!

Finally, he found it! Right when he was about to give up!

We made our way out and went to Star Tours, which had no wait, yay! It was fun, I don't remember anything about which sequence we got, but it was a good time! Brandon wanted to go on again, and there's no way I can handle Star Tours twice in a row, so I said he could go alone and I'd go back to the Osborne Lights! I seriously can't get enough, lol!

I just walked through the lights slowly, taking it all in, in all of it's Christmas/Disney glory. The Osborne Lights are perfect. I've seen them 4 years in a row now, and I don't think I can imagine a holiday season without the Osborne Lights!

After a little while, I figured I should get back to Star Tours to wait for Brandon, and just as I walked up to the exit, he came out, so that was good timing! I think by then it was officially magic hours so I was anxious to get to the Tower of Terror. Unfortunately, I checked the wait time app and it said it was 40 minutes so we took our time walking over there.

Since I was hoping the wait time would go down a little and I was kind of hungry, I decided to get a turkey leg. I always get one when we are at DHS, I don't know why, it's kind of become my tradition! Brandon doesn't like them, and even though they are kind of gross if you really think about it, I love them, they remind me of my childhood trips to Disney!

Once I finished my turkey leg, we went over to the Tower of Terror and it was only a 5 minute wait, yay!

The creepiest CM was there that night in the library, he was really into his bellhop character! When it was dark, he would sneak up on people and just appear next to them like magic, and everyone was screaming and freaking out, it was hysterical!

We went on and then ran right back through the queue to go on again, and he was still there, being just as creepy! When he saw my Kermit shirt, he said to me in a Kermit voice "enjoy the rest of your trip" and did a little Muppet-y head shake as he said it! It was awesome! I'd do anything to be a CM, especially at that ride? It must be so much fun!

After we went on ToT twice, we went over to Rock N Rollercoaster and went on there! I don't remember how long the wait was, but I don't think it was too bad!

Once we got off RnRC, the park was almost ready to close, it was pretty empty. I think we walked over to ToT to see if we could ride one last time, and we couldn't, which means it must have been after midnight.

We started to make our way out of the park and I took one last picture, because I thought it looked so beautiful, with the Christmas decorations and hardly anyone around! (I also love how DHS absolutely BLASTS their Christmas music, it is SO loud! Which obviously has nothing to do with this picture, but it just reminded me of it!)

I was just SO happy that night! One of my favorite memories which I've mentioned 1,000 times in previous TR's is from the first trip I took with Brandon and how during evening magic hours at DHS, we just ran back and forth between ToT and RnRC all night because there were NO crowds! I've always wanted to do that again, but every time we've come back, the crowds have been too high, and this was the closest we have gotten to doing that in a long time! So between the Osborne Lights and hardly waiting for ToT and RnRC, it was a perfect night at Hollywood Studios. I really love that park, Epcot is my favorite and the Magic Kingdom is perfect, but I really love DHS too. It was my favorite when I was a kid, maybe that's why!

We found our car and went back to POR and went to sleep! It was such a fun filled day and we were both exhausted! And luckily we had a late breakfast ADR the next morning, so we didn't have to get up too early!

Up next...Breakfast, and a spontaneous decision that turns out to be AMAZING!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #513
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

DHS is gorgeous at night! Someday I will get to see the Osborne lights!!!!

That's so awesome you had such a great time, and got to ride ToT and rnrc like you did!!!

Disney makes things better, even just thinking about it or reading about it!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 04-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #514
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that you had such a wonderful night! Your photos from the Osborne Lights are gorgeous! They really are breathtaking, I can't wait to show them to DH some day.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 04-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #515
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Wow this sounds like a perfect day! F & W all day and then a basically empty DHS that night? I planned two full days for this year specifically for F & W because we never get to try all the things we want to!

I've been thinking about going back to Disney in December again.... We've only gone once and that was back in 2006! The castle didn't even have icicle lights yet! And we definitely didn't know enough to go see the Osborne lights! Maybe next year....

On a side note, we went out to West Farms tonight and all of the RFC stuff is gone...there's just a wall there now. It was so sad!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #516
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Sounds like a great night at DHS! Awesome pictures of the Osborne Lights. If I don't get to see them this year I will seriously cry. It has been way too long!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #517
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day at Epcot and your favorite kind of evening at DHS. Although the Studios is definitely my least favorite park, I can't wait to go back there to ride TOT in June and August, and to see the Osborne Lights in December. Those lights are worth the price of admission and you got some great photos of them.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #518
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of the Osbourne lights are really awesome and you found the cat! Yeah!!!!!

That CM at ToT really sounds like a hoot! I think he would have completely freaked me out.

Great evening in HS! Perfect trifecta - the lights, ToT, and RnR!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #519
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh - and your Kermit shirt is too cute!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #520
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great DHS evening!! Good for you guys for finding the purple cat!!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #521
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Ahhhhh the Osbourne lights. I only got to see them once, and it was three years ago. Can't wait to see them again! So amazing.
You met Santa Goofy!! How awesome! And I love your shirt!
The creepy CM sounds awesome. I'd love to do that if I worked there!
Sounds like a really amazing night!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #522
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hi!
I do love DHS at night!!
I would love to work at the Haunted Mansion!! The scary CM's are the BEST!!

That's ok that this TR is going slow...don't let us rush you...
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

Old 04-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #523
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Oh how I wish I could see the Osborne lights in person... Maybe sometime!

Sounds like a really great night!

Can't wait to hear about your Amazing decision!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #524
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Oh, those beautiful Osborne Lights!!! I can't get enough of them, they are simply the best thing about Christmas at Disney World. I used to love the days of going back and forth between ToT and RnRC. Now I'm just thankful to get to ride each one at least once a trip! But it was fun while it lasted.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 04-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #525
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Amazing pics!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: