Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #496
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Okay so I HAVE been to the Beach Club... but it was at Christmas time, and the whole giant gingerbread carousel display was there, so all I could smell was gingerbread. I have yet to smell the 'real' Beach Club smell!

I HAVE to go to Cape May Cafe... if for no other reason than that I really enjoy coloring.

CAT STORIES!!! We'd get along so well, I'm totally a cat person. I mean, I've never had a dog and I do like them but it's hard to say when you've never actually had one... and I just love cats so much!

Sounds like such a wonderful night. Those pictures are so pretty!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #497
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

I love the Beach Club SO much, we spent our Disneymoon and our 2nd anniversary trip there, and it just feels like home to me! I know I always say the Wilderness Lodge is my home, but I think the Beach Club is too. I love both places so much, and they are both so different that I feel I can have 2 favorites!

I know exactly what you mean and I think it's fine to have more than one favorite resort. I mean - how can you not? They are all so special in their own ways.

Quote:

We checked into Cape May and then Brandon did what he always does while we're waiting...

watched the classic Disney cartoons! Because he's 5.
That picture would have been even funnier if there were two or three more 5 years sitting with him.

Quote:

Yum!

Quote:

While we waited for our check, I decided to draw on the table, since I'm 5 also, and I drew a picture of our cats:

(If you don't like cats, you can skip this next part, because you're going to learn about what a crazy cat person I am )

A little backstory about our cats...Winston is my cat, he's a huge, fluffy, orange Maine Coon and he's adorable. Lenny is Brandon's cat, who is about 3 years younger than Winston, he's also fluffy and orange, but much smaller, and he lives with Brandon's parents We're huge dorks, so we always make up stories about our cats, how they don't like each other, how Lenny is intimidated by Winston because of his fluff...that's why I drew Winston so much bigger and fluffier than Lenny, because Brandon gets all defensive when I mention how small and non-fluffy Lenny is! Like I said, we're huge dorks. If you don't want to continue reading my TR after hearing about this, I don't blame you.
I am a huge cat fan so my opinion of you has not changed in the least. In fact, I can almost picture the real Winston. My personal experience is that Coon cats really don't like to share their humans with other cats so I can definitely see Lenny on the receiving end of some attitude!

Quote:

The Boardwalk! On my list of Disney resorts that I HAVE to stay at soon!

You are going to love it there. I just know it!

Quote:

I thought this window was so adorable:

I agree - very cute indeed!

Fun update Jen! Great dinner and early evening. Bring on the lights!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #498
amazingact21
Upendi

The Beach Club looks so pretty at night! For some reason I've been in a Beach Club craze and really wanna stay there on my next trip, and all your photos just reinforced that wish.
I bet it was nice sitting back and relaxing on the beach for a bit. Not something everyone remembers to do on their trips.

Haha, your cat story had me cracking up, because I do the same thing with my parent's cats. One of them used to be mine, but we had to give her to my mother, because she didn't get along with Alex's dog. But both cats are black and white and one is significantly bigger and fluffier, so my family and I have this whole story about who's the boss of the house.
Sorry about my cat rant...I just saw a cat story and had to jump in!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 04-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #500
Adgie128
Earning My Ears

I just caught up on your TR and wanted to say I'm loving it!

It's my dream to visit during F&W. So cool that you got that many EP visits in!

Looking forward to more.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #501
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Hi!

You know what's funny? I forgot how similar we are. And then I read your trip report, and think OH YEAH!!!!!

So I am just catching up on trip reports on the DIS, and saw yours and thought, oo, oo, oo!!! And you did not disappoint, my friend!

Some random thoughts -

Love all your pictures. You take some beautiful shots!

I'm hungry for Food and Wine Festival now. Thank goodness I'm going during that time frame this year.

Laila - my mother's favorite perfume. Buy yourself a bottle. You're worth it.

Soarin' - my mother's favorite Epcot ride, and even though I have an inherent fear of heights, something I always look forward to going on now because it makes me feel closer to her.

Disney decorated for the holidays - Beautiful! I've done it once, and your pictures bring back fond memories! It is so neat that you get the combination of Food and Wine and holiday decor!

Cherry Wheat Beer - I'm intrigued. Is it sweet?

Pumpkin Cider - I'm jealous. Sounds SO good!

And last but not least, I love that your husband loves his Disney tees. Something I wouldn't have expected and find to be totally endearing.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #502
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I have never been to the Beach Club! Although I'm happy to say that the list of resorts I've not seen gets smaller every year, I still haven't made it there. I want to though, it looks absolutely gorgeous.
Glad you enjoyed your dinner!
Oh man, those Osbourne lights are just amazing. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #503
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

You are SO RIGHT about the Beach Club lobby smell. Ahhhh...I feel relaxed just thinking about it. The smell in the Polynesian lobby may be my favorite though.

Loved hearing about Cape May! Most of my family are not seafood eaters, so we have never been there for dinner, but it looks tasty. Also loved your drawings - whenever there is a paper tablecloth, I can't resist drawing something either!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #504
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

I need to try cape May soon!!!

The epcot resort area is gorgeous! I ALWAYS love being in that area!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #505
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love the picture of your DH watching the cartoons The Beach Club is so beautiful (and also on my list of resorts I NEED to stay at). I've been to Cape May for breakfast and it is one of our favourites. It looks really yummy for dinner too though!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 04-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #506
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Great update and cute cat pictures! Love the Beach Club and I'm glad you spent some time on the swing just enjoying it.
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 04-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #507
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I agree, I love the Beach Club, it's so pretty and wonderful!!!

Ugh, isn't it SO sad that the Oreo Bon Bons are gone?? They were my favorite part of CMC!

Yay for the Osborne lights!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #508
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

It is totally possible to love two resorts at once.... I also love the Beach Club... but then when we go over to the Wilderness Lodge... I'm all crushin on it... (not to mention being kind of fond of the Boardwalk and the AKL)

Great F& W photos... I NEED a Godiva Iced Coffee...(seriously I really do... like right about now... Your Pumpkin mousse looked totally yum and I'm with Brandon on the mussels.... I really like them... I just try not to think about it to much...

Ok I really have to try Cape May... I've just really heard too much about it now... (I think they have the oreo bon bons now in the cases at the quick serve in the Beach )

I have to also stick up for Brandon a little about the Disney Cartoons... they're just extra good there on the hotel tvs.... it's true...

Love the window shot of Huey, Duey and Louey...
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #509
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Even though I say Art of Animation is my home, your pictures are making me miss Beach Club soooooooooooo much!!!! I can't believe I could just walk up those stairs and head to my room, on my way back from spending the evening at Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I wish I had taken the time to sit on a swing and watch the sunset though. So pretty!

I love my cats like my real children, so I don't think you are a crazy cat person.
I love the Beach Club so much! Both times that I've stayed there have only been short, 5 day trips though, so I never really had much time to just hang out and enjoy it! Next time I need to spend a lot of time there!

Haha well that's good, I'm glad some people understand being a crazy cat person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Okay so I HAVE been to the Beach Club... but it was at Christmas time, and the whole giant gingerbread carousel display was there, so all I could smell was gingerbread. I have yet to smell the 'real' Beach Club smell!

I HAVE to go to Cape May Cafe... if for no other reason than that I really enjoy coloring.

CAT STORIES!!! We'd get along so well, I'm totally a cat person. I mean, I've never had a dog and I do like them but it's hard to say when you've never actually had one... and I just love cats so much!

Sounds like such a wonderful night. Those pictures are so pretty!
WHAT??? Make sure you go to the Beach Club next month just so you can smell that amazing Beach Club smell! It's perfect!

You should go to Cape May, it's really good! They have so many choices, there's something for everyone! And yes, coloring on the table is always fun too!

Haha, yay another cat person! I love dogs, I had one when I was 2 but I barely remember him sooo I've always been a cat person! I'm obsessed with my cats!

It was! I really miss this trip right now! Everything just seemed so much better a few months ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I know exactly what you mean and I think it's fine to have more than one favorite resort. I mean - how can you not? They are all so special in their own ways.

That picture would have been even funnier if there were two or three more 5 years sitting with him.

Yum!

I am a huge cat fan so my opinion of you has not changed in the least. In fact, I can almost picture the real Winston. My personal experience is that Coon cats really don't like to share their humans with other cats so I can definitely see Lenny on the receiving end of some attitude!

You are going to love it there. I just know it!

I agree - very cute indeed!

Fun update Jen! Great dinner and early evening. Bring on the lights!
I'm sure once I branch out and stay at more resorts, I might have more favorites! I loved AKL so much, so who knows, that one may become a favorite someday! And POR is definitely up there too!

Haha, sometimes there are kids sitting with him watching those cartoons!

Winston is such a good cat, and he's pretty tolerant of other cats, like when I got Belle 3 years ago, he accepted her, but there was something about Lenny he just did not like. That's why I couldn't keep him and he lives with Brandon's parents, Winston just hated him! I think he wanted to be the only orange fluffy cat in the house, I really do!

I know I will love the Boardwalk if I ever stay there, I love just walking around there, so how would I not love actually being there? It's so pretty!

Thanks! I can't wait to do my Osborne Lights update! That was such a great night, I'm feeling so nostalgic for this trip right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
The Beach Club looks so pretty at night! For some reason I've been in a Beach Club craze and really wanna stay there on my next trip, and all your photos just reinforced that wish.
I bet it was nice sitting back and relaxing on the beach for a bit. Not something everyone remembers to do on their trips.

Haha, your cat story had me cracking up, because I do the same thing with my parent's cats. One of them used to be mine, but we had to give her to my mother, because she didn't get along with Alex's dog. But both cats are black and white and one is significantly bigger and fluffier, so my family and I have this whole story about who's the boss of the house.
Sorry about my cat rant...I just saw a cat story and had to jump in!
I love the Beach Club! You should definitely stay there, I love it there so much! It was great to just hang out and relax for a while, I hardly ever do that while I'm in Disney!

Haha, see, you know what I mean! Brandon and I do that all the time with my cats, we actually have given them titles and everything, but I won't get into that here, but it sounds like you guys have the same debate with your black and white cats that we do with Lenny and Winston! Crazy cat people are the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We ate at Cape May too and loved it. It will be on our to do list again
Cape May is fantastic, it's a must do on all of our trips!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #510
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adgie128 View Post
I just caught up on your TR and wanted to say I'm loving it!

It's my dream to visit during F&W. So cool that you got that many EP visits in!

Looking forward to more.
Yay, thank you!

F&W is such a great time to visit! It's nice to coordinate it with the Christmas season too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hi!

You know what's funny? I forgot how similar we are. And then I read your trip report, and think OH YEAH!!!!!

So I am just catching up on trip reports on the DIS, and saw yours and thought, oo, oo, oo!!! And you did not disappoint, my friend!

Some random thoughts -

Love all your pictures. You take some beautiful shots!

I'm hungry for Food and Wine Festival now. Thank goodness I'm going during that time frame this year.

Laila - my mother's favorite perfume. Buy yourself a bottle. You're worth it.

Soarin' - my mother's favorite Epcot ride, and even though I have an inherent fear of heights, something I always look forward to going on now because it makes me feel closer to her.

Disney decorated for the holidays - Beautiful! I've done it once, and your pictures bring back fond memories! It is so neat that you get the combination of Food and Wine and holiday decor!

Cherry Wheat Beer - I'm intrigued. Is it sweet?

Pumpkin Cider - I'm jealous. Sounds SO good!

And last but not least, I love that your husband loves his Disney tees. Something I wouldn't have expected and find to be totally endearing.
HI!!!! Ahhhh I'm so glad you're here!!!

Haha, yes we are similar! I miss you here on the DIS! So glad you're enjoying the TR!

Thank you! Someday I'd like to get a real camera and then take a solo trip JUST to take amazing Disney pictures!

You're taking a Food and Wine trip? Yay!!! It's such a great time to go, where are you staying?

I really need a bottle of Laila. I'll buy one on my next trip, I promise! Sometimes you just have to treat yourself!

That's so amazing that you actually know your mom's favorite ride was Soarin'! And that you can ride it and feel close to her! I wish I could remember what my dad enjoyed in Disney, but it was such a long time ago since our last family trip. I do know he loved roller coasters and remember waiting for Space Mountain for 2 hours on one of those trips! (Wayyyy before Fast Pass lol!) It's funny, I mentioned that to my sister when we were walking through the SM queue in February and she had no memory of it!

Ok, I don't want to start talking about depressing things right now! Moving on!

I love Disney during the holidays, it's my favorite time to go, it's just so much more extra magical! I didn't even know that was possible, but it is!!!

Cherry Wheat Beer is amazing! And no, it's not sweet. There might be a hint of sweetness, but it's not like cider or anything, it's just beer with a slight cherry flavor. I love it but Brandon hates it. You should try it, they sell it all year around where we are! It's made by Sam Adams!

Haha I didn't expect that either, but he loves his Disney tees! I love that he buys so many when we are there, and he wears them in real life, totally unashamed! He's the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I have never been to the Beach Club! Although I'm happy to say that the list of resorts I've not seen gets smaller every year, I still haven't made it there. I want to though, it looks absolutely gorgeous.
Glad you enjoyed your dinner!
Oh man, those Osbourne lights are just amazing. I can't wait for the next chapter!
You should really visit the Beach Club! Even when I don't stay there, I try to make it a point to see it, it's so beautiful! The whole Epcot area is the best!

I can't wait to do my next update, it was such a fun night! I miss this trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
You are SO RIGHT about the Beach Club lobby smell. Ahhhh...I feel relaxed just thinking about it. The smell in the Polynesian lobby may be my favorite though.

Loved hearing about Cape May! Most of my family are not seafood eaters, so we have never been there for dinner, but it looks tasty. Also loved your drawings - whenever there is a paper tablecloth, I can't resist drawing something either!
Isn't the Beach Club lobby smell the best?? OMG I LOVE IT! The Poly smells really good too, they are actually kind of similar, but the Poly has more of that Florida water smell!

Cape May is great! And what's so good about it is, even if you don't like seafood, there is still so much else to choose from! Maybe you can convince your family to go someday! Haha, thanks! They bring you crayons, so why not draw on the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I need to try cape May soon!!!

The epcot resort area is gorgeous! I ALWAYS love being in that area!
Yes, go to Cape May, you will love it!

I love the Epcot resort area! I wish I could live there!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: