Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #481
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

That's really great that you got an extra day of F&W! The one thing I really hated though on our November trip in 2011 was the weather. It was like it couldn't make up it's mind! Some days, it was freezing in the shade and scorching in the sun. It is pretty hot until late in the year in Louisiana too, but by at least November the weather is comfortable, not still 80's! I remember reading about your episode on your May trip and thinking how awful that must have been (then experienced it for myself in Disneyland last August ), so I'm glad it didn't get that bad for you this time!

That Rapunzel Minnie...CUTEST.THING.EVER!!! Paxton actually got a Disney collection book of nursery rhymes for Christmas, and his favorite story is the one of Minnie as Rapunzel.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #482
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oh man, I keep reading everyone's Food & Wine festival posts and it's making me want to go really bad! Everything looks so good!
Glad the heat didn't get you down.
Spaceship Earth! Oh what I wouldn't give to be in line for that right now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #483
amazingact21
Upendi

That iced coffee sounds so good! As does that pumpkin mousse!

Ugh, I think anyone who visited Disney last May has horrible nightmares about that heat. When I was down there for Epcot's 30th, all I could think about was how overheated I got in May. So I completely get why you were feeling nervous about the sun in WS that day. At least you were smart and found shade and drank a lot of water!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 03-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #484
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a nice afternoon at F&W (but sorry the heat was bothering you again). I really miss the store that used to be there...I just don't get this whole Duffy thing.

My husband often gets the beer flight when we go to restaurants that offer it. It's a good way to try different beers and see which ones you like. He has done this at Rose & Crown as well...but with the scotches.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #485
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Mmmmmm, nice reminders of all the yummy things at Food & Wine. And all the pretty fountains! That Minnie Rapunzel is adorable!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 03-29-2013, 05:07 AM   #486
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

No Belgian Waffle???????

Your food and drink choices sound really good!!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #487
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Lovely pictures of Epcot! So pretty There are so many choices at F&W and I love reading TRs like yours with pics and descriptions of things. And Rapunzel Minnie is adorable!!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 03-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #488
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Listen lady, that Godiva Iced Coffee is enough to make me want to book a trip for F&W! YEESH! Haha, it looks SO good. I'm telling you, we're going to get down there at some point for it!

I never read your May TR, but now curiosity has got me wanting to know what happened.. and it also has me a little nervous for September! Ugh, it's going to be VERY hot while we're there, but I have a plan devised. Basically, stick with going to the parks in the morning and night only, then inbetween take naps and go swimming.

And I already told Matt that with World Showcase, we'll probably have to go mostly at night because of the sauna it becomes whenever the sun is out!

Anyway, I am very excited for your dinner over at BC!!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #489
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Looks like a fun time at the Food and Wine festival! Every time you describe the Godiva Iced Coffee it just sounds SO GOOD, because I mean... Godiva and Iced Coffee combined. BUT DARN THAT ALCOHOL.

World Showcase is so gorgeous AHHHHH.
It was, I miss it so much! Haha, you don't drink ever? Because the alcohol in Godiva liqueur is like, nothing, it won't affect you at all! I'm not encouraging drinking if you just don't want to, but if you're just afraid you'll get drunk or something, you won't! I only drink it because it tastes SO good!

I KNOW!!! I can't believe I have to wait like 567 days til I'm there again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I skipped a lot of the booths because the lines were so. dang. long. I think we went on Sunday? And it was ridiculously crowded. but I soldiered on and got to the South America booth. That empanada was SOOOO good. I miss it. A lot.

Also, I like how you put the "I miss..." with the sad face under the pictures!
Yeah, it was crazy on Sunday, that's when I saw SO many drunk obnoxious people! But Monday was pretty quiet!

Haha, well, I miss everything about Disney World! It's so sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
Yay another lovely food and wine update! I'm so excited to try it for the first time this fall...you've shown me lots of good options!!
You are going to LOVE Food and Wine, it's my favorite time to go to Disney, with the exception of Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
My mom and I were talking about how IF we didn't have to watch my sister March, we would choose Epcot instead of MK haha!!!

I miss epcot :'(

Those mussels look delish, also the mousse! Yum!
Sorry that drink was sub-par

I'm glad you didn't almost for again!!!! That would have freaked me out too though!
My body doesn't like drastic changes in weather LoL so I understand how ya feel!!!
I love Epcot, it's my favorite place to be!

I don't eat mussels, but Brandon loves them! The champagne was ok, but I was expecting a more pomegranate-y taste!

Yeah, I'm making it a point this summer to get myself used to heat and humidity, I feel like such a baby when I get overheated, it's so lame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I just have to say that Brandon and I would be totally compatible with our food and drink choices. I had that Spicy Hand Roll and it was SO GOOD! I seriously can't wait to go back next year. And I have decided to drink just beer next year because I think its the best use of my drinking money! I am on a mission to try every beer they have there. Watch out!

Beautiful pictures in France!
Haha, Brandon loves sushi! I just can't deal with spicy things, it burns my mouth off! Wow, trying all of the beers at F&W...! That's ambitious! You know there are like, 2 whole booths devoted entirely to beer?

Thanks!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #490
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
That's really great that you got an extra day of F&W! The one thing I really hated though on our November trip in 2011 was the weather. It was like it couldn't make up it's mind! Some days, it was freezing in the shade and scorching in the sun. It is pretty hot until late in the year in Louisiana too, but by at least November the weather is comfortable, not still 80's! I remember reading about your episode on your May trip and thinking how awful that must have been (then experienced it for myself in Disneyland last August ), so I'm glad it didn't get that bad for you this time!

That Rapunzel Minnie...CUTEST.THING.EVER!!! Paxton actually got a Disney collection book of nursery rhymes for Christmas, and his favorite story is the one of Minnie as Rapunzel.
It was nice that F&W was extended until Monday! I think it is again this year too! Makes me want to go again! The weather was really nice in November, it was actually pretty cool, but that day it was hot...to me, 80's is hot! I think I may have been overreacting a little, because of what happened to me in May, but I'm not taking any chances anymore! Ugh, you had the same thing happen in Disneyland? It's awful, isn't it?

Isn't it??? I wish I bought it! Aww, that is so cute, I'm so glad Paxton likes Minnie as Rapunzel, how adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Oh man, I keep reading everyone's Food & Wine festival posts and it's making me want to go really bad! Everything looks so good!
Glad the heat didn't get you down.
Spaceship Earth! Oh what I wouldn't give to be in line for that right now.
Food and Wine is amazing! I love it that time of year, I'm going to miss it this year if we can't do a quick weekend trip!

I know, me too! I miss Spaceship Earth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
That iced coffee sounds so good! As does that pumpkin mousse!

Ugh, I think anyone who visited Disney last May has horrible nightmares about that heat. When I was down there for Epcot's 30th, all I could think about was how overheated I got in May. So I completely get why you were feeling nervous about the sun in WS that day. At least you were smart and found shade and drank a lot of water!
They were both so good! I want to go back!!

Ugh, yeah, May was unbearable when we were there! It's usually not that hot, right? I remember that trip, we were saying we'd never go back in May, but of course, this year, I was trying to sneak in a May trip! Not happening though! Oh well, maybe next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sounds like a nice afternoon at F&W (but sorry the heat was bothering you again). I really miss the store that used to be there...I just don't get this whole Duffy thing.

My husband often gets the beer flight when we go to restaurants that offer it. It's a good way to try different beers and see which ones you like. He has done this at Rose & Crown as well...but with the scotches.
It was a nice afternoon at F&W, I love the festival, it's so much fun! Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Duffy, I mean, he's cute and everything, but I feel like he's just not catching on the way they hoped!

Wow, a scotch flight? I'll have to tell Brandon about that, all the sudden he's decided he's interested in scotch!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #491
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Mmmmmm, nice reminders of all the yummy things at Food & Wine. And all the pretty fountains! That Minnie Rapunzel is adorable!
I know, I am sad to be missing F&W this year! Isn't the Minnie Rapunzel the cutest thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
No Belgian Waffle???????

Your food and drink choices sound really good!!
I know, I wanted one, but I knew I had to save room for other things!

Thanks, almost everything I had that day was really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Lovely pictures of Epcot! So pretty There are so many choices at F&W and I love reading TRs like yours with pics and descriptions of things. And Rapunzel Minnie is adorable!!
Thanks! I love Food and Wine, it's such a fun time of year to go! Isn't Rapunzel Minnie adorable? I wish I bought her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Listen lady, that Godiva Iced Coffee is enough to make me want to book a trip for F&W! YEESH! Haha, it looks SO good. I'm telling you, we're going to get down there at some point for it!

I never read your May TR, but now curiosity has got me wanting to know what happened.. and it also has me a little nervous for September! Ugh, it's going to be VERY hot while we're there, but I have a plan devised. Basically, stick with going to the parks in the morning and night only, then inbetween take naps and go swimming.

And I already told Matt that with World Showcase, we'll probably have to go mostly at night because of the sauna it becomes whenever the sun is out!

Anyway, I am very excited for your dinner over at BC!!
Haha, I'd go to F&W just for that Godiva Iced Coffee! Seriously though, you have to go! Can't you move your September trip back a few weeks so you can catch the beginning of Food and Wine? That way you will still get low crowds, but also Food and Wine! And it officially starts on a Friday BUT they do a soft opening the Thursday before, so you get that bonus day!

I put the links to the 2 chapters from my May TR where I talk about my near death experience in your TR, if you want to read them! That's always our plan when we are at Disney, whether it's hot or not, we need a break in the middle of the day! But yeah, I think avoiding WS when it's hot is a good idea, I never realized how hot it got there until recently!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #492
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Aww, it stinks that now you get panicky when you're in the WS because of that episode you had. I too would get nervous. I fainted on line for the monorail when I was in high school, so every time I walk by that spot, I speed walk because I get too anxious that it'll happen again! I'm glad that you can find some cool places to relax and drink some water. I don't want you to ever go through that again!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 04-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #493
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Aww, it stinks that now you get panicky when you're in the WS because of that episode you had. I too would get nervous. I fainted on line for the monorail when I was in high school, so every time I walk by that spot, I speed walk because I get too anxious that it'll happen again! I'm glad that you can find some cool places to relax and drink some water. I don't want you to ever go through that again!
I'm just so paranoid about the heat now! I just don't deal with it well. I'm going to try to stay outside a lot this summer so maybe I'll build up some kind of tolerance to it, but I feel like at this point in life, it's not going to happen! It's awful when things like fainting and heat stroke happen in Disney, everyone should just be happy and worry free there!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #494
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

A Few of My Favorite Things

Monday, 11/12 Part 3

After leaving Epcot to go back to POR to shower and rest for a little while, soon we were ready to go back out to play! Can't stay in the room too long when DISNEY WORLD is out there waiting for you, right?

Before we went to a park, we had one of our favorite dinner reservations to go to at one of my favorite resorts in the World...Cape May at the Beach Club!

I love the Beach Club SO much, we spent our Disneymoon and our 2nd anniversary trip there, and it just feels like home to me! I know I always say the Wilderness Lodge is my home, but I think the Beach Club is too. I love both places so much, and they are both so different that I feel I can have 2 favorites!

Stepping inside the lobby and smelling that wonderful Beach Club smell is too perfect for words. If you haven't been to the Beach Club and don't know what I'm talking about PLEASE go visit! Not only is it one of the most beautiful Disney resorts, but it smells so fantastic in there, you have to experience it for yourself!

We checked into Cape May and then Brandon did what he always does while we're waiting...

watched the classic Disney cartoons! Because he's 5.

I think I just wandered around and took it all in, I think I went to the shop for a few minutes to look around, but I didn't stay long, our ADR was at 5, so we were seated pretty quickly!

We got a seat right by the buffet, which was awesome, the last 2 times we were there, we had to sit in the extra room off to the side, which I don't really like, you don't even feel like you're in the restaurant when you're in there!

We didn't waste any time going up to the buffet, here's my plate:

YUM, everything is SO good there! The salmon I have on my plate is so amazing, I tried it a few trips back and ever since I've loved salmon, I didn't think I'd ever like it, but thanks to Cape May, I do! I didn't take a picture of Brandon's plate, but I'm sure he did what he always does, which is get a million of those little clams and just stuff himself until he can't move!

When I was finished, I got dessert, sadly they don't have Oreo Bon Bons anymore, which almost made me cry, seeing that it was actually true, but the desserts are still pretty good I suppose:

Everything was really good, but I have to admit, I did miss those Oreo Bon Bons! Oh well!

While we waited for our check, I decided to draw on the table, since I'm 5 also, and I drew a picture of our cats:

(If you don't like cats, you can skip this next part, because you're going to learn about what a crazy cat person I am )

A little backstory about our cats...Winston is my cat, he's a huge, fluffy, orange Maine Coon and he's adorable. Lenny is Brandon's cat, who is about 3 years younger than Winston, he's also fluffy and orange, but much smaller, and he lives with Brandon's parents We're huge dorks, so we always make up stories about our cats, how they don't like each other, how Lenny is intimidated by Winston because of his fluff...that's why I drew Winston so much bigger and fluffier than Lenny, because Brandon gets all defensive when I mention how small and non-fluffy Lenny is! Like I said, we're huge dorks. If you don't want to continue reading my TR after hearing about this, I don't blame you.

Assuming everyone is still here, we paid our bill and went outside to the beach. The sun was going down and the whole Epcot resort are just looked so amazing.

Instead of rushing over to DHS like we always do, we decided to just grab a swing on the beach and sit for a while. It was such a nice night and it looked so pretty, so we just hung out and talked and took pictures and enjoyed relaxing in Disney for once!

Look how swirly the sky is! I love it so much!

The Boardwalk! On my list of Disney resorts that I HAVE to stay at soon!

Finally we were ready to leave the Beach Club and go over to Hollywood Studios! Yay!

We drove over and went in, hoping it wouldn't be too crowded like it was the other night! We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in, it didn't seem that bad!

I thought this window was so adorable:

I liked that it was advertising the Osborne Lights, which was what we were there to see that night! I LOVE the Osborne Lights, and even though we saw them the night they started, that was only for a few minutes and it was so crowded you could barely walk around. I was hoping to spend lots of time there tonight!

Up next...the Osborne Lights and DHS magic hours!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #495
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Even though I say Art of Animation is my home, your pictures are making me miss Beach Club soooooooooooo much!!!! I can't believe I could just walk up those stairs and head to my room, on my way back from spending the evening at Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I wish I had taken the time to sit on a swing and watch the sunset though. So pretty!

I love my cats like my real children, so I don't think you are a crazy cat person.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: