Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #451
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Too bad the wait for Soarin' was so long again!!!

Yay for some Food and Wine!! Hahaha I don't get the fuss over lobster either! Yay for the Belgian Waffle though - that was really good!
Yeah, I could not believe how long the wait was every time I was in Epcot! Crazy!

Haha, I'm glad someone agrees with me about lobster, I'm just not a big fan! Brandon is obsessed though, he could eat it every day of his life! The Beligain waffle was fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Love the Christmas decorations and the pictures of Illuminations.

The waffle was one of the few things I tried when we were there during the F&WF a couple years ago. It was really good!
Thanks!

I love that waffle! I wish they were bigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Sorry Jen! I just had to get that out of my system.

Anyway - welcome back! Hope you had an awesome time. Will check out your TR when I'm done here.

I agree that the tree is the American pavilion is one of my all time favorites! It just screams Christmas.

You guys tried some yummy things that I never got a chance to taste test. I really can't wait to go back next October. In fact, I am so excited that I just booked my outbound flight. Woo hoo!
Thanks!

The American pavilion is so pretty at Christmas! I love that tree!

Yay for booking your flight! (I know I'm a few weeks late!) I wonder when SW will open their schedule for December, I'm dying to book my flights! Although I hope it's not too soon, since I'm so broke right now! I really want to go this year for F&W, just for a long weekend, like Thursday through Sunday, but I don't know if it's possible! I'm hoping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
BOO Soarin's wait was so long again!!!

My kingdom for a cherry wheat beer I LOVE it too!!!!

I love lobster Its delicious!!!

I always love looking at your pictures, especially your Illuminations ones Gorgeous!!!!
I know, I can't believe I had to wait days before I rode Soarin!!!

Cherry wheat beer is the BEST!

Thanks! I always think my Illuminations pics are awful, so I only post a few, I wish I had a real camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Photobucket just moved me Match 1st even though I was resisting too. No warning, just bam I am there and I no longer am using it for new pictures. It's ridiculous!
I wonder why some got moved, while others still have a week or 2 of hope left.

I like lobster, but how the heck do you eat that claw.
Ugh, the official switch is tomorrow and I'm not happy about it! I have to get all of my pics from this trip AND my Feb. trip downloaded today because I don't feel like messing with it after the switch! I just want them to be there and be ready for me to use!

Haha, I have no idea how to eat lobster! I thought you needed a nut cracker or something?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #452
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OH EPCOT. I miss that place.

Photobucket IS being a jerk. I'm angry with it. I wonder what photo site I can use now... darn photobucket.

The sushi looks amazing!! Yum, it has been SO LONG since I've had sushi and now I really really want some.

Whatever, your IllumiNations pictures are great! Love that show more than anything.
ME TOOO!!! And I was just there less than a month ago!

Haha, ugh, I don't want to deal with Photobucket if it's being a jerk!

It was really good, I like sushi that's not really sushi, you know!

Aww, thanks! I always think my Illum pics are awful! That's my favorite nighttime show in Disney, I think it finally passed Wishes! It's just perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
So many pretty decorations! So much yummy food! These are just two of the reasons why Epcot is amazing! I love Soarin', too, but waiting 70 minutes for it is never gonna happen!
I know, Epcot is the best!! Yeah, I can't wait 70 minutes for Soarin', especially since my phone doesn't work in there! At least if I could play around on my phone while I was in line, that would be one thing, but it's just so boring waiting in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I swear I'm getting caught up tonight! I hate not having my own computer! My DIS life is suffering lol
Haha, don't worry about it, my DIS life is suffering because I've been on my death bed for a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I thought I was the only one who hates the new Photobucket! I hate how you have to actually go INTO the editor to resize pics... it was so much easier the old way! I hate change!

I am so determined to try that Godiva coffee this year! You always rave about it and I've never had it! We've basically planned to spend two whole days at Epcot, JUST to eat at the F & W booths. And I agree with you about the lobster thing...I'd rather just have chicken!
Ugh that sounds annoying...I really need to finish uploading my pics today!

It's SO good! You have to try it! Although be prepared, it's a tiny cup, which they fill with ice and it's like $7! Kind of steep, but whatever, it's Disney, that's just what they do! Haha, yeah, I just don't get the lobster obsession! Brandon loves it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I made it over to your new TR!
AHh Epcot. I can never get my fill of that place. I'm feeling particularly wistful right now too! Christmas + Food & Wine + IllumiNations = best ever. I want to be there now!
Yay glad you made it over! I love Epcot, I could seriously live there! Wahh, me too! I wish it could be Christmas at Disney all year long...and that I could live there, I'd be the happiest person ever!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #453
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I do think you're going to have to break down and get some of that Laila...

Awww... I love Soarin too... but you did get some yums at F&W...love your waffle... I wonder just what make a Belgian Waffle -Belgian?

New Photobucket = EVIL...
I know, I really am! I love it so much! I wanted to buy it in Feb. but again, I made excuses!

Soarin' is the best, it was killing me that I couldn't ride it yet! But yes, we made up for it at Food and Wine! Haha, I'm not sure! I always thought Belgian waffles were just really thick?

Ugh, you guys are scaring me with the new Photobucket hatred!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Yum, I'm all about raw fish in sushi, of course, but I think having the chicken would be an awesome way to get some sort of sushi when I'm pregnant in the far off future and can't eat raw fish!

I still haven't smelled Laila before. I gotta see what the fuss is all about!
Haha, yeah, that chicken sushi was really good! I mean I'll eat regular sushi, but I can't think about the fact that some of what I'm eating is raw, it freaks me out!

OMG Laila is amazing! And I'm not even a perfume person, but this is just the best!

Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #454
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Presenting...Soarin'!

Monday, 11/12

Hi guys! For some reason, it seems like this trip was such a long time ago now! March is almost over (ok, I know there are 2 weeks left, but still, it seems like it's almost over!) and I'm only starting day 5 of this trip! I guess that's good though, since my next trip is SO far off!

Well, you guys can probably guessed what happened this morning! We woke up bright and early, and ran to Epcot like crazy people! Ok, we didn't run, we drove, but I made sure we got there quickly because I was a desperate woman. Desperate to ride SOARIN'!

I'm not sure if you guys know my love for this ride. I LOVE IT. I think I love it as much as Tower of Terror. Everything about it is just perfect, I love the scenes through California, the smells of the oranges and the pines, the PRE SHOW!!!! Even the queue is amazing, the blue lights along the wall! But my most FAVORITE thing about Soarin is the music! I just love the music to this ride, if I'm having a bad day, I can put this song on and instantly calm down, it just transports me right to Epcot! Not much in life can make me happier than the Soarin' soundtrack!

(If I'm making anyone want to hear the Soarin' music right now, you're in luck, here you go!)

Soarin'

Anyway. So I needed to ride Soarin' that morning. Here we were, day 5 of this trip, and I hadn't been on Soarin' yet. That needed to change. So we parked, went through bag check and entered the park just after it opened, maybe 2 minutes after 9.

We made it to The Land, and booked it downstairs to find...a 50 minute standby time posted! I didn't believe it, so Brandon and I went over to the FP machines, got our FP's with a return time of 10:55

and hopped in the standby line. Brandon did NOT want to wait 50 minutes, but I told him there was no way that first thing in the morning would it really be 50 minutes, that sometimes they post the standby times a lot longer than they really are. I don't remember where or why I read that they do that, but I tested that theory out a lot on this trip, and it's true!)

Despite his grumblings about not wanting to wait, it only took 25 minutes before we were SOARIN' through the air, and I was reunited with my other favorite ride in Disney! It was perfect, everything I had remembered!

Once we got off Soarin', we were starving! Sunshine Seasons is one of our favorite places for breakfast, so why not, we were right there!

Brandon got the breakfast platter, which looked really good:

but I decided to go a little lighter that morning, so I got...

the strawberry shortcake! YUM! It is just so good, and I'm actually not a big fan of strawberry shortcake, but this one is just wonderful! And it was pretty filling too!

We had a little time to kill before we could use our FP's so we went over to visit Figment. I'm not a big fan of that ride now, but I do love Figment, he reminds me of the old version of that ride, I'm glad he's still there at least!

When we were finished, we were looking around the shop and Brandon found a PERFECT Epcot shirt that he loved, and I basically forced him to buy:

Isn't it wonderful? I want to steal it for myself, but knowing me, if I wear it, I'll get something on it and he will never forgive me! He loves his Disney shirts!

We went outside and watched the jumping fountains for a little while, I remember those from my very first Disney trip, just being fascinated by them!

We were about to go back to the Land, and we noticed a monorail, just hanging out on the track, not moving! So we both must have taken like, 10,000 pictures of this monorail from every angle possible! I feel bad for the people stuck on it, but it was kind of cool to have it there, right over us!

(I told you we took a million pictures of it! And those are just the ones I put on Photobucket, I have a lot more saved on Iphoto! )

Once we sufficiently stalked the monorail and felt we had enough pictures, we went over to The Land to use our FP's for Soarin'! In no time at all, we were watching the pre show and Soarin' once again over California! And this time was even better, because we requested the front row! I love Soarin' no matter what, but I prefer when I don't have people's feet in my face!

Since it was after 11, and it was the last day of the Food and Wine festival, we decided it was time to head over to the World Showcase and have some more food and wine fun!

(I was planning on doing some of the Food and Wine part of this update right now, but this is my first time using new Photobucket, and it doesn't seem to want to let me see all of my pictures, so I guess I can't! )

Up next...the end of Food and Wine!

Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #455
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I just had PERFECT timing with this update! I'm awesome. Okay, the fact that you just said you were only starting day five made me feel like a failure because I'm only on day six of mine! And that trip happened MONTHS earlier. BAHAHA. I mean it's okay, I only have one update to go anyway but dang, it's taken me longer than I thought! I really don't know why I'm babbling away about my TR though.

I love that shirt Brandon got! I mean, Spaceship Earth and monorail on one shirt. Perfect.

YAY SOARIN'!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 03-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #456
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

It is so crazy how it's already the middle of March. This year is flying by!

Well, I was listening to some music on iTunes, but the Soarin song is a lot better, so I am definitely listening to that as I type this response. I am with you, it is such an awesome ride and the music is EPIC. AHHH I want to ride it now!

That Epcot shirt is awesome! Why do they keep coming out with cool shirts? LOL.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #459
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm kinda obsessed with taking pictures of the monorail going through Epcot, so that would have been a dream for me to have it stuck there!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #460
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great Epcot morning!! I love that Epcot shirt - so cool!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #461
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

How great you finally got to go on Soarin'. Sadly I don't share the love for this attraction lol but I know how that feels to be in WDW for days and not have experienced your favorite attraction and what a huge relief it is when you finally get to go on!

Blech Photobucket is for the birds now. I moved on, I just couldn't take the ridiculousness of that new site anymore!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 03-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #462
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Nope- noone knows how much you LOVE ToT and Soarin'!

WooHoo for Soarin'!!!!
We took ry on it our last trip ( once only ) BUT he LOVED it!!!!!!

sounds like you're having a great start to your day at EPCOT!!!

Brandons shirt IS perfect!!!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #463
amazingact21
Upendi

I agree, the Soarin' soundtrack is the best. And you totally did make me wanna listen to it while I was reading your update!
I discovered Disney's little trick with the standby times last May. It can really throw you off if you're not prepared for it. But yeah, there was no way it'd be a 50 minute wait that early on.

My DH loves that Epcot shirt, as welll! He's been on the hunt for it the past few trips. It has such a classic look to it.

That's awesome that you got to take a bunch of monorail photos. Usually they go past so quickly you get one, maybe two, good shots.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 03-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #464
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I just had PERFECT timing with this update! I'm awesome. Okay, the fact that you just said you were only starting day five made me feel like a failure because I'm only on day six of mine! And that trip happened MONTHS earlier. BAHAHA. I mean it's okay, I only have one update to go anyway but dang, it's taken me longer than I thought! I really don't know why I'm babbling away about my TR though.

I love that shirt Brandon got! I mean, Spaceship Earth and monorail on one shirt. Perfect.

YAY SOARIN'!
Yay!! Haha, well, you have been prolonging ending your TR since you didn't have a trip in sight, haven't you? Now I'm kind of doing the same thing! I mean, yeah, I'm going in December, but that might as well be next year as far as I'm concerned, so I'm hoping I can drag this out til at least July, then maybe I'll do a PTR or something to keep me busy til December!

Isn't it beautiful? I love Epcot shirts.

YAY! My favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
It is so crazy how it's already the middle of March. This year is flying by!

Well, I was listening to some music on iTunes, but the Soarin song is a lot better, so I am definitely listening to that as I type this response. I am with you, it is such an awesome ride and the music is EPIC. AHHH I want to ride it now!

That Epcot shirt is awesome! Why do they keep coming out with cool shirts? LOL.
I know, I can't believe there is only one week of March left! That's good, because I only have to get through April, then I can buy my plane tickets for my trip, and then in June I can make ADR's!!!

Isn't the Soarin' music the best? I could listen to that 5 minute song over and over!

I love that shirt, I almost wish I got it! All Epcot shirts are fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am only on day 5 too and I am sure you will be done before me. I am dragging.

Yay for a short wait for soarin!
Am I even subscribed to your TR??? Where is it? All this time, I've been wondering if you had one for this trip, since we were there at the same time... I'm sorry, I'm going to have to go look for it! I wasn't just NOT reading it, I just had no clue it was even happening, and I assumed if you had one, I'd be subbed! Ahhh!!

Yay, Soarin' is the BEST!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I share your love of Soarin'. I just ADORE it. I have the music on my iPhone and I always listen to it. And every time I hear it .... my heart just jumps.
ME TOO!!! Everything you just said, ME TOO!! I LOVE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm kinda obsessed with taking pictures of the monorail going through Epcot, so that would have been a dream for me to have it stuck there!
ME TOO!! Haha, again, but me too! I love the monorail so much, so when it was stuck, we just stared at it for a long time and took tons of pictures!

Old 03-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #465
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Sounds like a great Epcot morning!! I love that Epcot shirt - so cool!
It really was! I love Epcot! That shirt is so cute, I really want it for myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
How great you finally got to go on Soarin'. Sadly I don't share the love for this attraction lol but I know how that feels to be in WDW for days and not have experienced your favorite attraction and what a huge relief it is when you finally get to go on!

Blech Photobucket is for the birds now. I moved on, I just couldn't take the ridiculousness of that new site anymore!!
What, no Soarin'??? Haha, that's ok, Brandon doesn't really understand my obsession either! He likes it, but he can take it or leave it! If they let me ride it over and over, I would! I just love it!

Yeah, I really cannot stand the new Photobucket, it's so annoying! It always freezes and I just get stuck! I don't feel like uploading all my pictures to a new site though, so I'm just going to keep using it and hope it gets better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Nope- noone knows how much you LOVE ToT and Soarin'!

WooHoo for Soarin'!!!!
We took ry on it our last trip ( once only ) BUT he LOVED it!!!!!!

sounds like you're having a great start to your day at EPCOT!!!

Brandons shirt IS perfect!!!!
Haha, no, I don't think I ever talk about ToT or Soarin'!

Yay!! How can anyone NOT love Soarin', it's perfect!!!

It was a really great morning in Epcot, I just love it there! And that shirt is adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I agree, the Soarin' soundtrack is the best. And you totally did make me wanna listen to it while I was reading your update!
I discovered Disney's little trick with the standby times last May. It can really throw you off if you're not prepared for it. But yeah, there was no way it'd be a 50 minute wait that early on.

My DH loves that Epcot shirt, as welll! He's been on the hunt for it the past few trips. It has such a classic look to it.

That's awesome that you got to take a bunch of monorail photos. Usually they go past so quickly you get one, maybe two, good shots.
Isn't the Soarin' music amazing?? I love it so much!

Yeah, I remembered reading about how they make the standby line times longer in the morning, so I decided to test it out and it's true! Pretty cool, although, Brandon doesn't believe it for TSM, he just thinks that line is always crazy!

I love that shirt, it's so perfect! I love all Epcot shirts, I want to buy all of the shirts from each country! That would get kind of expensive, though!

I love the monorail! Seeing it just sitting there was such a great way to get pictures of it! If only I had a real camera, they could have been SO nice!

(ps, I haven't been purposely neglecting your TR, I am just having such a hard time getting caught up!! I promise I will soon!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: