Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #436
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Nice update, Jen. Great photos of Illuminations as always.

We may try to sample a few things at F&W during the Flower & Garden our one day at Disney next month.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #437
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I love F&W, too and we haven't been since 2011 and have no plans to go this year. The school schedule gets in the way .....grrr.

I hate the new photobucket and everyone is complaining about it. I think you HAVE to switch over the new system by March 16 or something like that.

I have been playing around with Flickr. It is very user friendly and I might switch over to that site if photobucket doesn't clear up their mess.

Susan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #438
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Too bad the wait for Soarin' was so long again!!!

Yay for some Food and Wine!! Hahaha I don't get the fuss over lobster either! Yay for the Belgian Waffle though - that was really good!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #439
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Love the Christmas decorations and the pictures of Illuminations.

The waffle was one of the few things I tried when we were there during the F&WF a couple years ago. It was really good!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #440
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
UGH Photobucket moved me over to the new site already and it is HORRIBLE. I started using Image Shack today because I can't take the atrocity that is the new Photobucket anymore.

Sorry Jen! I just had to get that out of my system.

Anyway - welcome back! Hope you had an awesome time. Will check out your TR when I'm done here.

I agree that the tree is the American pavilion is one of my all time favorites! It just screams Christmas.

You guys tried some yummy things that I never got a chance to taste test. I really can't wait to go back next October. In fact, I am so excited that I just booked my outbound flight. Woo hoo!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #441
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

BOO Soarin's wait was so long again!!!

My kingdom for a cherry wheat beer I LOVE it too!!!!

I love lobster Its delicious!!!

I always love looking at your pictures, especially your Illuminations ones Gorgeous!!!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #442
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Photobucket just moved me Match 1st even though I was resisting too. No warning, just bam I am there and I no longer am using it for new pictures. It's ridiculous!
I wonder why some got moved, while others still have a week or 2 of hope left.

I like lobster, but how the heck do you eat that claw.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #443
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OH EPCOT. I miss that place.

Photobucket IS being a jerk. I'm angry with it. I wonder what photo site I can use now... darn photobucket.

The sushi looks amazing!! Yum, it has been SO LONG since I've had sushi and now I really really want some.

Whatever, your IllumiNations pictures are great! Love that show more than anything.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #444
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

So many pretty decorations! So much yummy food! These are just two of the reasons why Epcot is amazing! I love Soarin', too, but waiting 70 minutes for it is never gonna happen!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #445
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I swear I'm getting caught up tonight! I hate not having my own computer! My DIS life is suffering lol
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #446
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I thought I was the only one who hates the new Photobucket! I hate how you have to actually go INTO the editor to resize pics... it was so much easier the old way! I hate change!

I am so determined to try that Godiva coffee this year! You always rave about it and I've never had it! We've basically planned to spend two whole days at Epcot, JUST to eat at the F & W booths. And I agree with you about the lobster thing...I'd rather just have chicken!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #447
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I made it over to your new TR!
AHh Epcot. I can never get my fill of that place. I'm feeling particularly wistful right now too! Christmas + Food & Wine + IllumiNations = best ever. I want to be there now!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #448
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I do think you're going to have to break down and get some of that Laila...

Awww... I love Soarin too... but you did get some yums at F&W...love your waffle... I wonder just what make a Belgian Waffle -Belgian?

New Photobucket = EVIL...
Old 03-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #449
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Yum, I'm all about raw fish in sushi, of course, but I think having the chicken would be an awesome way to get some sort of sushi when I'm pregnant in the far off future and can't eat raw fish!

I still haven't smelled Laila before. I gotta see what the fuss is all about!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 03-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #450
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! Sorry I'm taking so long to update here again, I'm sure you all know by now how sick I've been for the past week and a half! I'm finally almost better, so hopefully I can get moving with my Feb. TR and then concentrate on this one a little more, I was just so sick, I couldn't even sit at the computer! Ughh!! I guess it's good though, since I don't want this one to end too early, since my next trip is still SO far away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I miss food and wine. I didn't really get to enjoy it much because it was soooo crowded and it just didn't all fit into my plans. It was so sad

I love that smiling in pictures seems to make Brandon nervous! It's so cute!
Me too! I keep trying to find a way I can do both Food and Wine AND Christmas in one trip again, but it's just not possible! The only way is if we go for a long weekend in October, then do our December trip. And I'm guessing that just won't happen!

Haha, I don't know why Brandon can't smile in pictures, he's strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm a Photobucket resistor like you. They say the official change will be March 18 and I am not. changing. before.

I do know about changing opinion though, as it happened to me with MSEP this trip.
Haha, I just realized today is the last day before the switch, so I'm downloading pictures like a crazy person today! I still have pictures from this trip to download! And I have half of my Feb. trip left! Ugh!!!

I change my mind about a lot of things in Disney, I like many more things now! Like AK for example, I hated it the first time I went there, now I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
UGH Photobucket moved me over to the new site already and it is HORRIBLE. I started using Image Shack today because I can't take the atrocity that is the new Photobucket anymore.

Glad to see you back updating! I missed the little touch of Disney Christmas that comes with your updates. Germany is probably my favorite pavilion at Christmas, the decorations are perfect there. And oh my goodness, that Belgian waffle looks absolutely heavenly!
I'm so afraid to see what the new Photobucket is like! I don't want to have to move all of my pictures!!!

Thanks! I'm glad you don't mind reading about Christmas in the middle of March! Because at this rate, this TR will be going until July! I guess it's ok though, I love Christmas so it's nice to relive it all year! That Belgian waffle is SO good! I can't believe I'm going to miss Food and Wine this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Nice update, Jen. Great photos of Illuminations as always.

We may try to sample a few things at F&W during the Flower & Garden our one day at Disney next month.
Thanks!

I love that they have booths at the Flower and Garden fest now! I'm HOPING we can go in May again next year for our anniversary, (and then finally do Disneyland next December), so hopefully I'll get to sample the booths for myself next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I love F&W, too and we haven't been since 2011 and have no plans to go this year. The school schedule gets in the way .....grrr.

I hate the new photobucket and everyone is complaining about it. I think you HAVE to switch over the new system by March 16 or something like that.

I have been playing around with Flickr. It is very user friendly and I might switch over to that site if photobucket doesn't clear up their mess.

Susan
I've been to Food and Wine 4 years in a row I think? Or 3 years? So to miss it this year is just sad. But I'd rather go for Christmas, so I guess I'll survive!

Tomorrow is the photobucket switch. I'm dreading it!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: