Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #421
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Welcome back! I thought about doing highlights for one of my TRs too so either way you do it would be good!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #422
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Welcome back!

You can either do it in a new thread, or just do it in this one but with a different font color? That's what I've seen several people do. You have chapter links anyway at the beginning, so you could just make a new section for it. Either way, I'm looking forward to reading about it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #424
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! Would love to hear as much as you have the chance to tell us. I cant imagine the amount of work these TR's take!! Highlights would be great!

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 03-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #425
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I totally understand not wanting to write 2 at a time. I just finished 1 of the 2 I am doing and I am so relieved. I won't be doing that again. I like to write about each trip, but doing both at the same time is just hard and tiring and confusing too.
Do what you feel is best. I would love to read about it, but if you don't have a chance or time, I totally understand that too.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #426
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Welcome back!!! Hahaha I know I could never maintain 2 threads at once!

Looking forward to hearing your highlights!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #427
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

I just found your TR and I just wanted to let you know that you have a new follower. LOVE your pictures of you room at Port Orleans and I can totally relate to freaking out about snow. I'm from the midwest where snow is common and right before my most recent trip I was kind of freaking out about snow as well. Ok, gotta get back to reading the rest of your TR now .
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 03-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #428
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
I just found your TR and I just wanted to let you know that you have a new follower. LOVE your pictures of you room at Port Orleans and I can totally relate to freaking out about snow. I'm from the midwest where snow is common and right before my most recent trip I was kind of freaking out about snow as well. Ok, gotta get back to reading the rest of your TR now .
Yay, so glad you're joining in! (I think I actually follow you on Twitter, I'm minnie_ears on there, ugh, I wish I kept all of my names the same on everything lol! )

Isn't Port Orleans beautiful? I will definitely be staying there again!

OMG the snow was SO awful, I was convinced we were going to be stuck here, but we made it! I will have to join your TR, I'm taking forever getting caught up with everyone's since I just got back from Disney a week ago!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #429
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the input about whether or not I should do a TR for this trip! I've decided I'm going to do one, but it's going to be really fast, like I'm going to do a couple of updates for each day all at once, so it won't last longer than a week or two to write! I think I'm going to start the intro now, and then do the first update tomorrow, then I'll skip a day between each update to do comments and everything! IF I can, I'm going to do an update here tonight too, because I miss this TR! And I'm slowly but surely getting caught up on everyone's PTR/TR, I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible, I want to read everything I missed, not just the most recent updates!

So stay tuned, I should have my highlights TR started in a little while...Hope to see you all there!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #430
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I started the TR for my February trip, here is the link!

3 Princesses Hit the Parks-A 2/13 Girls Trip!

I hope to see everyone there! Like I said, it's going to go really fast, I'm going to do a full day in each update because I just don't have time to drag it out for a while, so I'm only going to focus on the really important things! Can't wait for you guys to read along!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #431
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Wohoo! Excited to read. I have been trying to avoid looking at any pics on Facebook.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #432
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

4 Days and NO Soarin!!

Sunday 11/11 Part 3

*Before I start this next update, just in case anyone missed it, I started my highlights TR for my February trip! Hope to see everyone over there, the link is a couple posts above this one! *

Wow, I can't believe I haven't updated here in so long! It seems like months! I couldn't even remember where I left off, I had to go back and read my last update! Anyway, when we left off, Brandon and I had just gotten back to POR and decided to have lunch there before taking a nap and going back out to the parks. I didn't want anything heavy (like the make your own past, although of course, I would have LOVED to get it, it's so good!) so I just got a chicken sandwich, and Brandon got a burger. Sorry, bad DIS'er again, but I didn't get pics of these sangwiches, I'm sure you can all imagine what they look like right?

Back in our room, we napped for a little while, showered, and then we were off to Epcot! We had to get a lot of Epcot in that weekend, because the Food and Wine festival would be over the next day, so we had to squeeze in as much as possible!

I'm always SO happy when I walk into Epcot! It's my favorite place in the world!

I could look at that Fountain for hours! I always get so distracted by it! It's just so beautiful, and I love hearing the music, and it just smells so good over there, that Disney water is amazing!

We stopped quickly for a Photopass picture and asked them to take a picture with our camera, and the first one came out too blurry, and of course, that's the better one! And I can't even attempt to fix it because Photobucket is being a jerk, telling me I need to switch to the new site to use the editor! Not happening Photobucket! Sorry!

Sorry about that, anyway, here's the 2nd, less blurry picture, with Brandon smiling creepily:

I don't know what is up with him smiling for pictures in Disney! He just gets so nervous or something that he ends up looking weird! I love these pictures though, someday when we're old, we'll be glad we have them to look back on!

After the picture, I had to go back to the times board to check the wait time for my beloved Soarin'. 70 MINUTE WAIT. Ok, at this point, it was going on 4 days without me going on Soarin' and I was starting to go through withdrawals. I almost wanted to just wait, but I figured we'd be back the next day, so maybe I could do it tomorrow!

I tried to get over my disappointment by reminding myself that we were there to eat and drink! Food and Wine festival, remember??? That's better than Soarin' any day! (Well, they might be equal...I mean, I do love my Soarin'!)

We started walking towards the World Showcase, and the tree was all lit up and beautiful!

I took about 7,000 pictures of it before I thought it was ok to move on, and that's probably the best one! It's hard to get a good picture of a lit up tree for some reason!

We went in one of the little Food and Wine merchandise booths they had, because Brandon saw a shirt he wanted, but they didn't have it in his size. They had some cute things, and a lot of it was on sale because the festival was ending in a day! So that's a good time to buy any of the merch if you want it, although there's no guarantee what you want will be there by the end of the festival!

When we were finished looking around there, we started hitting the booths! Brandon stopped at the Ireland booth to get the Fisherman's pie, which he loves and I don't really like. I think it's scallops and something else mixed with potato? It's ok, but it's just not really my thing, I like seafood, but that just seemed like too much for me.

We went to one of my favorite booths next, Belgium, where I finally got a Belgian waffle and a Godiva iced coffee!

OMG!!! I can't believe I'm not going to the Food and Wine festival this year! I need to move to Florida so I can go to this every year, multiple times a year! Just to get that waffle and coffee alone!

After Belgium, we stopped at the Japan booth, because they had this-Karaage Hand Roll (Crispy Chicken Breast with Sushi Rice and Spicy Mayonnaise) that I really wanted to try!

Sorry for the awful picture, but you can kind of see it right? It was SO good! Brandon kept warning me that it would be awful, because who eats sushi with chicken, but I let him try it and he loved it! So I let him have half of it, because he really liked it, and besides, I needed room to try things from more booths!

We stopped at Hops and Barley next to get some Sam Adams, which happens to make my favorite beer in the world, Cherry Wheat. Brandon got in line, and I sat by the gorgeous tree they had in the American pavilion, and put this picture on Instagram:

I really love that tree, it is probably one of my favorites of the Disney Christmas trees! I remember when I went during November in 2009, I didn't like that tree at all, I thought it was so boring, and now I love it! Weird how your opinion changes over the years!

The American pavilion looks so beautiful, decorated for Christmas!

I love the wreaths on the windows, such a perfect touch!

It must have taken a while for Brandon to get everything, because I took tons of pictures of the tree and the building!

Finally he came back with our beer, and he also got that lobster thing (what is that, the claw? I don't eat lobster, so I don't even know! Lobster makes no sense to me, people freak out over it, and I'm just like "eh, I'd rather have chicken" )

Once Brandon finished his lobster, we just walked slowly through the rest of the countries. We stopped in Germany, where I was tempted to buy one of these mugs:

SOOOO cute! Maybe on my next trip I'll get one! They really have adorable things in Germany!

Germany is another area that is decorated so perfectly for Christmas!

It really gets you in the spirit of things, Germany is always a fun pavilion, but all the Christmas stuff makes it that much more wonderful!

We kept walking, and we ended up in the Norway shop, just looking around. Of course, I was drawn to the Laila, so I had to spray myself a few times!

I keep saying I'm going to buy a bottle, but I still haven't! Someday!!!

Finally, it was that time of night! Time for ILLUMINATIONS!!!

We went out and found a pretty decent spot. I love Illuminations, and I have to see it multiple times each trip, so we don't normally find a great spot and wait there for an hour, we just try to walk around and find a semi-good one, and it usually works out!

I can never get good pictures of Illuminations either, but here are a few of the better ones!

Illuminations is so perfect! I would be SO happy if I could end each night in Epcot, just to watch it and hear that music!

Once it was over, we headed out of Epcot. We figured we should try to get to sleep early at least one night! So we made the long walk back to the car, drove back to POR and went right to sleep! We had to be rested for rope drop in the morning!

Up next...rope drop at Epcot...will I finally ride Soarin'?

Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #433
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I miss food and wine. I didn't really get to enjoy it much because it was soooo crowded and it just didn't all fit into my plans. It was so sad

I love that smiling in pictures seems to make Brandon nervous! It's so cute!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 03-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #434
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm a Photobucket resistor like you. They say the official change will be March 18 and I am not. changing. before.

I do know about changing opinion though, as it happened to me with MSEP this trip.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #435
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

UGH Photobucket moved me over to the new site already and it is HORRIBLE. I started using Image Shack today because I can't take the atrocity that is the new Photobucket anymore.

Glad to see you back updating! I missed the little touch of Disney Christmas that comes with your updates. Germany is probably my favorite pavilion at Christmas, the decorations are perfect there. And oh my goodness, that Belgian waffle looks absolutely heavenly!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: