Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #406
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Yum, you make that polenta sound really good! I think I've only had polenta once and didn't care for it, but it was more of a polenta cake deal where it wasn't creamy the way you describe the Cali Grill one. The fact that it has goat cheese in it intrigues me too! You know how I feel about that beet and goat cheese salad at Sunshine Seasons!

Haha, I think it's funny that Brandon was insistent about the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Yum to Boma! We only went there for dinner, but I would love to try it for breakfast too to get a taste of more unique options. I just don't eat much for breakfast, so I don't know if I'd get my money's worth.

When we saw the birds at AK, there was a kid who literally grabbed a bigger bird. He just kept going after it, and the parents didn't care. I don't know why there were no CMs there because the kid clearly could have hurt the bird!

I also get nervous at trying hyped up foods. I got to try a zebra dome during our Boma dinner. I have to sa that it wasn't a favorite. I totally understood why others would like it, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. But I think that's what's so great about DIS though because I never would have thought about trying things like that if I hadn't read about it! So although it's a bit of "nerves" (especially if you have to spend extra money on it), it's also exciting too! I was SURE I would hate the bread pudding from 'Ohana, but I loved it! I didn't, however, like the bread at the start of the meal. Even so, trying is so much fun!

I hope you're enjoying your trip right now! I hate that you got a migraine though.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #407
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Oh lucky you off at WDW... and staying at the AKL... That's one of my top three resorts... Love it there... very much... I hope that you are having a truly magical time...

lol... I like the People Mover too... a lot... and yet I'm not sure why... (I wonder if you have to drink the Dis coolaid?

Oh the Main Street Bakery... I do hope that they keep most of the Bakery goods they had... I can't lie... I will be happy to get some decent coffee... That ice cream cookie sandwich looked absolutely yummy...

Oh I love, love Boma... for breakfast and dinner (you should try dinner... there are lots of non exotic choice too

The Pangani Trail is gorgeous and tigers are magnificent, gorgeous animals... it is crazy when you see their paws... THEY ARE HUGE... (I have two cats at home...I wonder what they'd think if they saw Tigers...)

Zebra Domes are really tasty and I love that there are foods at Disney that you can only get at certain resorts/parks... it makes them that much more special...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #408
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I missed your send off but I hope you're having? Had? (I can't remember when you get back!) a marvelous trip!!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #409
rdkeim
Mouseketeer

Bored - no! I love your trip reports! Can't wait to read about your girls trip - hope it was amazing.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #411
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

All caught up once more! Sorry I've been pretty much doing the lurk on this TR. It's been a struggle trying to make time for the DIS. But I just love being able to read through a day in one full swing, so it's not all that bad, but I only have so much time for commenting. Based on your instagram updates, I'm guessing you just got back from another fantastic trip! Will be excited to read that considering you stayed at my FAVORITE resort, the beautiful AKL! As well as seeing your experience with Disney in a whole new setting. And I'll be eagerly awaiting another update here!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #412
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Wow...all caught up.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #413
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!!

I'm back from my trip! Well, I've been back since Monday, but I haven't had much time to DIS lately! I'm so exhausted from Disney, just coming home and going right to work kind of drained me this week! I want to get caught up on everyone's TR's, so I'm going to try to do that this weekend, and also do at least one update here!

About the February trip...I know I said I was going to do a TR for that trip, but now I'm not sure. I was going to do a really quick little highlights TR in THIS TR, but now I'm thinking maybe I should just start a separate thread, just so it doesn't get confusing! I just do not have time to write 2 TR's and who knows when I'll be done with this one, so it's not like I can wait until I finish this one to start the next one! And I took awful notes on this trip, so if I'm going to do anything, it has to be in the next few days while I can still remember everything! I think I will probably just do a separate thread and try to just fly though every day in one shot each night and just focus on the highlights instead of doing a full TR! Does that sound good? If I do it, I'd like to start it in a day or two, I have to get my pics uploaded first, and think of a title, of course!

I'll let you guys know when I start, but first, I'd really like to try to get caught up on all the TR's I missed while I was away! And then maybe later tonight I'll do an update here, but we'll see, I probably won't have time! Definitely tomorrow though!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #414
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Let us know when you decide what you're going to do. I'm excite to read the rest of your current TR... but I've never been in any of the winter months, so I'm anxious to see what it's like in Feb, too.

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Old 03-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #415
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

YAY for being back! And boooo for being back and not still being in Disney. Wompwomp.

I'd love to know your thoughts on resort stuff, as you know, but trust me, I TOTALLY get the whole not wanting to write 2 TRs at the same time. I made sure to finish my DL first before moving on to my WDW one, so yyyeahhhh. I like the idea of a highlights kind of thing though!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #416
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

That seems fine to me, Jen, but it's whatever you decide to do! I'm sure you'll have a lot of great things to say either way and it will be just as great as a regular TR so don't worry, we'll all still be around to read and comment
Old 03-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #417
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you are back, Jen. I can't wait to hear all about it. Whichever way is easiest for you is fine with us. I want to know what you thought of AKL!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #418
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing about starting a new thread. I'm only on the first few days of the Disneymoon one, but I also have the April 2012 trip as well as the December 2012 trip to write about too. I think I'll hold off on those until I'm done. I already don't remember much from my Disneymoon in terms of details, haha, but that's cuz I didn't bother taking notes. I did for some parts of the other two trips.

This is a good problem to have though Too many TR potentials is because of many Disney trips!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #419
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm glad you're back! A highlights TR sounds like a good idea. I had a hard time balancing a PTR and a TR at the same time, so I can imagine how difficult 2 full on TR's would be!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 03-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #420
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hahha yeah, when people talk about multiple Disney trips on one TR, it definitely gets confusing. Do whatever you want, girl! I'll be looking forward to hearing about it, even if it is just a highlights thing. And even if I already stalked you all over twitter and instagram.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: