Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #391
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I love that picture with the boats! Is that the boat landing, where Winnie the Pooh meets? I had no idea you could see it from somewhere else. I guess I'm too busy looking at the Tree of Life at that point to notice anything else.

I love love love cats, tigers and leopards included.
Thank you! Hmm, I actually don't know...it was on the walk over to Asia, so somewhere between Camp Minnie Mickey and Asia! I thought it was near that little place you can get the Frozen Coke? (haha, big help right? )

I love cats too! I was actually just telling Brandon if we ever get divorced, I'm just going to become a crazy cat lady instead of trying to date again (we were watching Catfish and watching some poor girl get screwed over by another girl that she thought was a guy...it was a disaster, which is why we were talking about that! ). But anyway yes, I am kind of obsessed with cats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
I can't believe your leaving in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you must be soooo excited!! I know you usually wait till the day before, but I have you started packing yet???

I love the tigers...they are sooooo beautiful!! I also take a million pics in that area alone...and I go by the reptiles as fast as my little legs will take me!
Haha, did you see on Twitter that I said I was going to try to pack and then I immediately took it back? I can't pack. I tried and I just can't do it early. I love to procrastinate when it comes to packing, I don't know why! I'll do it all tomorrow!

I don't exactly hate reptiles, they just bore me. They don't do anything. Cats on the other hand, I can watch for hours, they are so beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to try super hyped foor/drinks in Disney because I'm afraid of being disappointed!! Like, I had never had a Dole Whip before. I jumped in and ended up having 3 on my last trip! What had I been waiting for? Now, I may have to make a trek over to AKL (I've never even been there!) and try some zebra domes!
I've had a Dole Whip, but I still have to try a Dole Whip float and I'm nervous! I'm afraid it's going to be way too pineappley for me and I won't like it, they are SO hyped on here! But the zebra domes, OMG, they were so good! I'm going to buy tons of them in 2 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I share your love for all cats too, but I have to keep reminding myself that they are not cuddly oversized cats, no matter how relaxed they look.

Yeah for front row on EE. I love how most people don't seem to take notice of the front row queue. It's so awesome to look around the corner and see it near empty.

Ah - zebra domes! I have only had them once but I do remember their yumminess!

Woo Hoo to 2 days!
Haha, I have to do the same thing, I wish I could just grab them and smush their faces off! (See, I told you, I have a problem when it comes to any type of cat, I turn crazy! Crazy cat lady over here! )

Do you know if you're allowed to wait for the front row of EE if you're a single rider? Because my niece is refusing to go on EE (she's crazy!) so I'm going to have to go alone and I want to ride in the front! I'm just afraid they won't let me if I'm alone!

I can't wait for more zebra domes! What a great perk, staying at AKL and having access to so many zebra domes!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #392
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
i fully planned on trying zebra domes on my last trip but just never got to it ,so hopefully in May I can.I know what you mean about trying new things that r so hyped up......on my last trip I finally tried the school bread and I was definitely not a fan.
OMG they are SO good, definitely try them!!!

I felt the same way about school bread! I just do not get it, mine was dry and it tasted stale...maybe I got a bad batch or something, but I don't think I'll be trying it again any time soon! I was really disappointed with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
First, I'm so sorry I got BRANDON's name wrong in my last post! I can't believe I did that...I have one of those names that people get wrong all the time (I'm always Lauren or Laurel, never Laura) so I try to be careful about people's names. Color me embarrassed!

Very pretty AK photos, and I'm totally with you on the tigers...they look so sweet and cuddly, how could they be otherwise??

Ah, Everest...my favorite Disney coaster...such a fun ride, especially when you're in the front and you get the full impact of that "There doesn't seem to be any track" moment!
Haha, don't be embarrassed, it's totally fine! My own father called Brandon Brian a few times when we were first dating, so it's pretty common!

Thank you! I know, isn't it sad that lions and tigers aren't sweet and cuddly? They really should be, they're just so cute!

I love Everest! I can't wait to go on it again in a few days! The front is the best, with nothing in front of you, so you can gaze out over all of WDW for a few seconds...love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I tried my first zebra dome too that trip. I thought they wre pretty good as well.

Lover you tiger shots. I don't think we even made it over near them this time.
They are so good, I loved them!

Thank you! I'm not sure we would have if we weren't trying to pass the time until our Everest FP's were useable, but it worked out! I am sad we missed the safari, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Have fun on your trip to Disney!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Yeah, you're really boring Jen. I had to force myself to click on this update. I wouldn't be mad if you went faster though, especially if you'll have another TR to write!!!

Hahah YESSS TIGERS! They're so adorable!!! Look at the little sleepies!!!

HAHAH, that sleeper with antlers reminds me so much of Max, the dog from the Grinch cartoon!

Oh my gosh, I'm dying to ride in the front of Everest! So awesome.

I really want to try zebra domes, too! Just another reason to stay at AKL! Yum yum, they look amazing! What do they taste like?
Haha, listen lady, I have a life outside of the DIS, I'm not here to just write TR's! (Just a little joke from our Twitter conversation today! )

No really, I am going to try to update more when I get back, because this is starting to drag and I'm boring myself! And I don't want to start forgetting things!

Aren't the tigers so cute? I want to smush them!!!

Aww, it does look like the dog from the Grinch! Ugh, and now I miss Christmas even more! (What is up with me and Christmas lately? Like, I cannot get over the fact that it's still a million months away! )

The front of EE is the best! You can request it, you just have to wait a few extra minutes and then you get the front! It's fantastic!

Hmm, I don't know how to describe zebra domes...they're kind of like truffles, only softer, and they have a cakey bottom. They are amazing!!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #393
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatyoutiger View Post
Have a great Trip back to Disney :

You are so Lucky

I will have to try some of those Zebra Domes They look good!
Thank you!

Yes, try the Zebra Domes, they are amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
haha of course Brandon would get scolded for trying to touch an animal! LOL

LOVE EE!

OMG ZEBRA DOMES!!!!!!

I always get them when we eat dinner at BOMA! LOL
- yet another reason you need to try BOMA for dinner
Haha, I know right? Typical!

They have Zebra Domes at Boma??? I guess I should try it then, that way, even if I don't like any of the other food, I can just fill up on zebra domes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I could spends hours sitting there taking pics of the tigers! I have a few that I took that I actually matted and framed a few years ago!

You can get zebra domes at Boma, too, but only during dinner (and possibly lunch). I can't wait to eat them again in October!!

Front row on EE is the best!

I'm so jealous you're going again!! Have a great trip and don't forget to send me pics!
I would love to do that too, if I had a "real" camera, I'd probably frame some too!

I can't believe they have them at Boma! Too bad you can't get them for breakfast!

I'll definitely send pics! I hope the crowds aren't too bad...I saw some pics from crowds today and they were terrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
We're staying at AKL for 4 nights then switching over to BWV

A friend of mine told me RFC had a dispute over their lease or something
Ohhh, nice, what a great split stay!

Oh, that's annoying. I'm going to miss RFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
So, I apparently decided to just miss half of your TR. I thought I was all caught up but realized I miss a bunch of chapters, hahaha. Sorry, I'm kind of the worst.

F&W looks SO good. But my concern is that it gets too crazy busy around that time. Is it really bad? I'm thinking of a WDW trip during November some year and I'm just curious...

I had no idea Boma did breakfast! Nor did I know it was a buffet! So is it definitely worth it for breakfast? I'm wondering about trying out a new place or two on our next trip... We probably won't do very many sit downs since we're skipping the DDP just so we have more freedom with our time, but we'll definitely do a few!

I love Animal Kingdom and its theming... Overall it's probably 4th on my favorite parks list (this is including both Disneyland and California Adventure, so it's out of 6 parks)... I love the trek and just exploring the park in general... and obviously Expedition Everest since it's my favorite.

I can't believe you are leaving on your trip tomorrow!! I hope you have the best time ever and you will have to let me know what you think of both BLT and AKL!! Have an absolute blast!
Haha, again, don't worry about it! I'm SO behind on your DLR TR, there's no excuse! I've been reading, just not commenting! Although, I admit, I still have to read the last update!

Well, this year it was busy, because we did the LAST weekend of Food and Wine, it was Veteran's Day, and the half marathon was that weekend. But it was still totally do-able. I'm not sure I'll do a F&W trip and try to time it with the Christmas stuff again anymore though, I'd rather go for a full week in October for Food and Wine, so you don't have to worry about crowds. Still, I love November, I've gone 3 times the week before Thanksgiving and it's always amazing, but it has gotten busier each year.

Boma is my favorite place for breakfast at WDW, it's SO good! It's nice to go there for a really early ADR then go to AK for the day, that's what we always do! You should definitely try it, it's a buffet, and everything is SO good!

I love AK too, it's so pretty, but we just never spend a lot of time there! I think, on this trip with my sister, we're actually going there twice, so that will be something new! And I finally am going to get to ride EE in the dark! I can't wait!!!

I'm actually not leaving until Monday morning (6 am flight!) so I'll still be around, probably annoying everyone with my "I'M GOING TO DISNEY TOMORROW" tweets! I'm really excited, except I'm starting to feel sad about leaving Brandon for a week. How much of a loser am I? I just can't remember the last time we were apart for a week! At least I'll be too distracted in Disney to get too sad about it, right?

Old 02-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #394
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip! Looking forward to yet another TR.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #395
MEK
DIS Veteran

Jen - Have a great trip! I hope it warms up down there. I hear its cold there, but's its FREEZING here, so its got to be better!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #396
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

BYE! Have fun on your trip. Tell Mickey I miss him! I haven't seen him in over 3 years... please tell him I haven't forgotten about him.

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Old 02-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #397
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha, again, don't worry about it! I'm SO behind on your DLR TR, there's no excuse! I've been reading, just not commenting! Although, I admit, I still have to read the last update!

Well, this year it was busy, because we did the LAST weekend of Food and Wine, it was Veteran's Day, and the half marathon was that weekend. But it was still totally do-able. I'm not sure I'll do a F&W trip and try to time it with the Christmas stuff again anymore though, I'd rather go for a full week in October for Food and Wine, so you don't have to worry about crowds. Still, I love November, I've gone 3 times the week before Thanksgiving and it's always amazing, but it has gotten busier each year.

Boma is my favorite place for breakfast at WDW, it's SO good! It's nice to go there for a really early ADR then go to AK for the day, that's what we always do! You should definitely try it, it's a buffet, and everything is SO good!

I love AK too, it's so pretty, but we just never spend a lot of time there! I think, on this trip with my sister, we're actually going there twice, so that will be something new! And I finally am going to get to ride EE in the dark! I can't wait!!!

I'm actually not leaving until Monday morning (6 am flight!) so I'll still be around, probably annoying everyone with my "I'M GOING TO DISNEY TOMORROW" tweets! I'm really excited, except I'm starting to feel sad about leaving Brandon for a week. How much of a loser am I? I just can't remember the last time we were apart for a week! At least I'll be too distracted in Disney to get too sad about it, right?
Hahaha glad I'm not alone! I think I have started reading too many TRs. It's great for when I'm not writing one, but when I am, I get slightly overwhelmed. Then I feel guilty for not commenting!

That's good to know about November... but I think Disney in general is getting to the point where no time is the "less busy" time anymore. January was our favorite time to go but this last trip the crowds were just way way different.

I will have to remember Boma when we're looking at making ADRs! OMG EE IN THE DARK IS THE BEST THING EVER! I am so excited for you. I loved it so much!!

I have no idea why I thought you left today, but ahhhh you are so close to leaving!

And don't feel like a loser; when I had to go to Boston and NYC last October for 9 days without Matt, I was pretty sad about not being with him. And I know it sounds stupid but I'd have a hard time going to Disney World without him. His love for it is half the reason why I love going! So I understand where you're coming from! I hate being separated from him.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #398
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!

Just wanted to tell everyone to have a great week because...I'm going to Disney World TOMORROW!!!

I'm sad at the thought of leaving Brandon, I can't remember the last time we spent a week apart, but it will SO much fun to be in Disney with my sister again, and Caitlin for the first time!

When I get back, I promise I will get caught up on everyone's TR's and PTR's. I know I've been a slacker lately! I will also let you know what's going on with a TR for this trip, I'm not sure if my sister wants to write it or I will do it, or we'll do it together or what, but there will be one!

Oh! And if you haven't followed me on Instagram yet, I'm jenmarie_96 on there, and on Twitter I'm @minnie_ears if you want to follow me there too, I will be doing lots of updating from the parks! I just made my Twitter private, so just request to follow me and I'll approve you!

Well, I have to go finish packing, because in a few hours, I have to get up and get to the airport! Before I know it, I'll be riding the Magical Express for the first time EVER and on my way to Disney World!!!

See you when I get back!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #399
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I sent you a request on Twitter. I'm Disneypeanut
Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #400
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful trip!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 02-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #401
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you gave us your twitter and IG info. I'm totally gonna go follow you! Bahah just kidding... you've already seen enough of me on both of those!

YAYYYY I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see/hear alllll about it!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #402
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I'm glad you gave us your twitter and IG info. I'm totally gonna go follow you! Bahah just kidding... you've already seen enough of me on both of those!
oh marissa... So funny!!

Have a great trip Jen! Can't wait to see/read about your trip!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #403
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

HAHA YES!!!!!
They have zebra Domes in the dessert section of BOMA!
Rylan loves them! LOL

Have SUCH a FUN Time in WDW with your sister and Caitlin!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!
You know I'll be reading your posts on twitter and instagram!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #404
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I am the same way with big cats! I want to act like they are just oversized household cats, but have to remind myself they are totally NOT! The tigers are definitely my favorite! The way people always say they could stay and watch the gorillas on the other trail, I can do that with the tigers. Such gorgeous animals!

AK is such a beautiful park. It lends itself really well to photography!

EE!!! What an incredible coaster! And riding in the front seat just makes an awesome ride 10x more awesome!

Have fun on your trip!!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 02-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #405
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

AGGGHHHH so exciting okay I just found you on Twitter :D i'm @Scrump619

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: