Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #376
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

We're Going on an Expedition!

Sunday, 11/11, Part 2

Hi everyone! I wanted to do one more update before I go to Disney (IN 3 DAYS!) and I know I won't have any time tomorrow, so here you go! I am going to try to move a little faster on this TR when I get back, it seems people are losing interest...or maybe I'm just boring, I don't know!

Anyway! When we left off, Brandon and I were making the long walk from Camp Minnie Mickey to Asia. It was really hot that day, so it seemed a lot longer, but we finally made it!

The walk over is so pretty, I really love how beautiful Animal Kingdom is, it's so scenic!

It makes me wish I had a real camera, because I'd love to spend a whole day there taking pictures!

When we got to EE, Brandon thought the wait time was too long, so we just got some FP's for a little later, I think our return time was like, an hour away or something, so we decided to pass the time with the Maharajah Jungle Trek!

We did this on our last trip and loved seeing the tigers, so I was excited to do it again!

Before we saw the tigers though, we were greeted by this guy, who I wasn't too interested in:

I took a few pictures and moved on, I'm not a big reptile fan. Brandon loves them, so I think I walked ahead and he caught up!

And now...TIGERS!!!

How SWEET are they, sleeping like that! Look at their paws!

(Just so you know, I'm definitely a crazy cat person, and to me, tigers are just big cats, which is why I can be a little obnoxious when it comes to them!)

I took tons of pictures of the tigers, but I'll keep them to a minimum:

They are SO cute!

There were also these adorable little animals

and then tons of birds, where Brandon got scolded for trying to touch one of these guys

They had no fear of humans, they wouldn't get out of the way when people were walking by, so Brandon thought he'd try to pet one, and the CM nicely asked him to refrain from touching the birds! Oh well! Had to try I guess!

Finally it was time for Expedition Everest!

We still had time before we could use our FP's, so I convinced Brandon to wait in the standby line. He was complaining because the wait time said 35 minutes, but it didn't look that long, so I timed us and it only took 25 minutes, it wasn't a bad wait! The queue is so pretty that I really don't mind waiting there!

It is SUCH a fun roller coaster, definitely one of my favorite Disney rides! When we got off, it was finally time to use our FP's, so we just hopped in the FP line and got right back on, and waited for the first row this time!

I love that you can see all of Disney World from the top of Everest!

After a great 2nd ride on Everest, we wanted to do the Safari, so we walked over to Africa.

Sadly, it was like a 60 minute wait, and the FP return times were too late at that point in the day, so we decided we should probably get going.

I wanted to run to Camp Minnie Mickey and check the line for Minnie, I was really hoping to get a picture with her before we left, but her line was crazy, so we made our way out of the park!

When we got to the car, I asked Brandon if we could make a quick detour back to Animal Kingdom Lodge before we went to POR. I told him I wanted to finally try the zebra domes, and of course, he had no idea what I was talking about, so I told him I'd show him when we got there! I was hoping they had them in the Mara, because other than that, I had no idea where they would be!

Luckily they did, so I bought them and took them back to POR with me!

As soon as I got back to the room, I had to try one, and OMG, they were SO amazing! I sometimes get nervous to try things that are overly hyped at Disney, because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed, but these zebra domes did NOT disappoint! I LOVED them! I only ate one and saved the rest for later, because we were out the door to have lunch in the food court at POR!

Up next...how long did you think we could stay away from Epcot?

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #377
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I love that picture with the boats! Is that the boat landing, where Winnie the Pooh meets? I had no idea you could see it from somewhere else. I guess I'm too busy looking at the Tree of Life at that point to notice anything else.

I love love love cats, tigers and leopards included.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #378
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

I can't believe your leaving in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you must be soooo excited!! I know you usually wait till the day before, but I have you started packing yet???

I love the tigers...they are sooooo beautiful!! I also take a million pics in that area alone...and I go by the reptiles as fast as my little legs will take me!
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #379
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to try super hyped foor/drinks in Disney because I'm afraid of being disappointed!! Like, I had never had a Dole Whip before. I jumped in and ended up having 3 on my last trip! What had I been waiting for? Now, I may have to make a trek over to AKL (I've never even been there!) and try some zebra domes!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #380
MEK
DIS Veteran

I share your love for all cats too, but I have to keep reminding myself that they are not cuddly oversized cats, no matter how relaxed they look.

Yeah for front row on EE. I love how most people don't seem to take notice of the front row queue. It's so awesome to look around the corner and see it near empty.

Ah - zebra domes! I have only had them once but I do remember their yumminess!

Woo Hoo to 2 days!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #381
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

i fully planned on trying zebra domes on my last trip but just never got to it ,so hopefully in May I can.I know what you mean about trying new things that r so hyped up......on my last trip I finally tried the school bread and I was definitely not a fan.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #382
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

First, I'm so sorry I got BRANDON's name wrong in my last post! I can't believe I did that...I have one of those names that people get wrong all the time (I'm always Lauren or Laurel, never Laura) so I try to be careful about people's names. Color me embarrassed!

Very pretty AK photos, and I'm totally with you on the tigers...they look so sweet and cuddly, how could they be otherwise??

Ah, Everest...my favorite Disney coaster...such a fun ride, especially when you're in the front and you get the full impact of that "There doesn't seem to be any track" moment!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #383
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I tried my first zebra dome too that trip. I thought they wre pretty good as well.

Lover you tiger shots. I don't think we even made it over near them this time.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #384
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Have fun on your trip to Disney!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #385
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Yeah, you're really boring Jen. I had to force myself to click on this update. I wouldn't be mad if you went faster though, especially if you'll have another TR to write!!!

Hahah YESSS TIGERS! They're so adorable!!! Look at the little sleepies!!!

HAHAH, that sleeper with antlers reminds me so much of Max, the dog from the Grinch cartoon!

Oh my gosh, I'm dying to ride in the front of Everest! So awesome.

I really want to try zebra domes, too! Just another reason to stay at AKL! Yum yum, they look amazing! What do they taste like?
Old 02-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #386
Isthatyoutiger
DVC Member SSR Jan 2007

Have a great Trip back to Disney :

You are so Lucky

I will have to try some of those Zebra Domes They look good!

August 1998 Offsite -August 2000 Wilderness Lodge - December 2001 CBR - June 2003 AKL - December 2004 WL - January 2007 WL (20 yr Anniversary) - Joined DVC SSR Jan 2007
-June 2007 SSR - June 2008 SSR - August 2009 SSR - August 2010 DVC AKL Kidani Village - November 2011 Family B-Day Celebration DVC AKL Jumbo House -
Upcoming Trip - August 2013 BCV & Vero Beach
Old 02-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #387
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

haha of course Brandon would get scolded for trying to touch an animal! LOL

LOVE EE!

OMG ZEBRA DOMES!!!!!!

I always get them when we eat dinner at BOMA! LOL
- yet another reason you need to try BOMA for dinner
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 02-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #388
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I could spends hours sitting there taking pics of the tigers! I have a few that I took that I actually matted and framed a few years ago!

You can get zebra domes at Boma, too, but only during dinner (and possibly lunch). I can't wait to eat them again in October!!

Front row on EE is the best!

I'm so jealous you're going again!! Have a great trip and don't forget to send me pics!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #389
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I thought you were staying at the Boardwalk in October? You switched to AKL?

I can't wait to stay there! I am nervous about not having a car, but since we'll only be there for 3 days before moving, it shouldn't be that bad!

I KNOW!!! I saw the Whiskers and Tales online, I have to get all of them! I cannot believe no more RFC, that is so upsetting! It was always busy, I wonder what happened!

I definitely will!
We're staying at AKL for 4 nights then switching over to BWV

A friend of mine told me RFC had a dispute over their lease or something
Old 02-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #390
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

So, I apparently decided to just miss half of your TR. I thought I was all caught up but realized I miss a bunch of chapters, hahaha. Sorry, I'm kind of the worst.

F&W looks SO good. But my concern is that it gets too crazy busy around that time. Is it really bad? I'm thinking of a WDW trip during November some year and I'm just curious...

I had no idea Boma did breakfast! Nor did I know it was a buffet! So is it definitely worth it for breakfast? I'm wondering about trying out a new place or two on our next trip... We probably won't do very many sit downs since we're skipping the DDP just so we have more freedom with our time, but we'll definitely do a few!

I love Animal Kingdom and its theming... Overall it's probably 4th on my favorite parks list (this is including both Disneyland and California Adventure, so it's out of 6 parks)... I love the trek and just exploring the park in general... and obviously Expedition Everest since it's my favorite.

I can't believe you are leaving on your trip tomorrow!! I hope you have the best time ever and you will have to let me know what you think of both BLT and AKL!! Have an absolute blast!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: