Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #331
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

So, I wasn't around on the DIS for awhile and I TOTALLY missed you starting this! Late, but finally here

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #332
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I think I read that on the updated menu the pork will become pork two ways, and that the polenta is staying. I'm not 100% sure though.
I read that too! I'm not sure I like the pork 2 ways thing, but as long as the polenta stays, I'm happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Li View Post
A Disney Hotels blog or newsletter had a post one time with a recipe for the CG goat cheese polenta and I copied down the recipe. If anyone is interested, here it is. I tried it and I think it turned out pretty good!

Goat Cheese Polenta

1 cup diced white onion
1 head garlic, diced and sautéed
2 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups polenta (less if you prefer a softer texture)
1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs-equal parts thyme, rosemary, sage, and chives (if using dried herbs, cut proportions in half).
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Sauté onion in a small amount of olive oil until transparent. Stir in garlic, then add water, milk and cream and bring to a boil. Whisk in polenta slowly, stirring until thick and bubbling. Continue to stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let thicken for 5 minutes.

Pour mixture into a pan and bake at 275 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and fold in cheeses and herbs. Add salt and pepper and serve it up! This is a great side dish to serve with pork tenderloin and asparagus.
OMG thank you! I am definitely going to try to make that someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
So, I wasn't around on the DIS for awhile and I TOTALLY missed you starting this! Late, but finally here
Yay, glad you made it!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #333
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

You're meal at Cali Grill looks fabulous... I don't eat it often but I love pork done well... and the polenta with goat cheese... looks so good....

I haven't had the ACE pumpkin cider but the pear is quite nice too... (I don't like a lot of beer... I find it really filling to drink with food... & I agree sometimes you don't want wine or a cocktail and cider is just a nice drink... I've been seeing it more and more on menus lately...

Ahhhhhh... wow the MK at night... what gorgeous photos of the castle... looks so pretty dressed up for Christmas...

Wow... the MK open till 3... that must have been fun... I can't wait to see what you get up to...
Old 02-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #334
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
You're meal at Cali Grill looks fabulous... I don't eat it often but I love pork done well... and the polenta with goat cheese... looks so good....

I haven't had the ACE pumpkin cider but the pear is quite nice too... (I don't like a lot of beer... I find it really filling to drink with food... & I agree sometimes you don't want wine or a cocktail and cider is just a nice drink... I've been seeing it more and more on menus lately...

Ahhhhhh... wow the MK at night... what gorgeous photos of the castle... looks so pretty dressed up for Christmas...

Wow... the MK open till 3... that must have been fun... I can't wait to see what you get up to...
It was fantastic! OMG I love that polenta SO much!

Mmm pear cider sounds great! I don't normally drink cider, but this was so good, really light and refreshing!

I love MK all decorated for Christmas, so beautiful!

It was so much fun! About to do my next update!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #335
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Let's Get These Magic Hours Started!

Saturday, 11/10 Part 4

The first thing I had to do once the fireworks were over was get to Sleepy Hollow. I was already starting to feel a little tired, and I wanted to wake myself up with some coffee! I'm not a coffee drinker normally, I prefer tea, but sometimes I'll drink it if I want to stay awake!

We made our way through the crowds and got to Sleepy Hollow. I went in the back and grabbed a table and Brandon got our coffee. I had a french vanilla iced coffee, which was terrible, and I can't remember what he had, but it was equally as terrible! Oh well, not really drinking it for the flavor!

Since we were close to Adventureland, that's where we started off!

We were just kind of wandering slowly, watching the crowds leave. The fireworks were insane, but once they were over, tons of people left and it just seemed like a normal night at MK. I didn't find the crowds to be bad at all, but I know others did!

We walked by the Tiki room, and Brandon wanted to see it. He always asks me about it and I always tell him we're not wasting our time with it. But for some reason, he insisted on fighting me about it, and made us go in there! Ughhh!!!

We went in and it started, and it was worse than I remembered. I haven't seen it since I was a kid, and I didn't like it then, and I certainly don't like it now! Brandon kept making comments of how awful it was, and I just sat there smugly like, "see? Told you so!" But I didn't say it, because I kind of knew he felt stupid, being so insistent about it!

When we finally were released from the Tiki Bird prison, I wanted to go on something fun immediately, so we walked towards Pirates...and guess what? It was closed!!!

I don't think I've ever been in Disney when Pirates was closed, but it was! I was disappointed, but I figured we'd be back later in our trip, so it wasn't a big deal!

For some reason, we didn't walk through Fronteirland and through Fantasyland, we cut through the hub and ended up in Tomorrowland

because I wanted to do one of my favorites, the Peoplemover!

Yay yay yay!!! I love this ride so much, it's right up there with Tower of Terror and Soarin for me!

I tried to get a picture of Space Mountain from the Peoplemover and this is what I ended up with:

Not so great, but don't you feel like you're on the Peoplemover right now? I love it SO much!

We then did something we hardly ever do, which was go on the Buzz Lightyear ride! I did awful, as always, how people do so good, I'll never understand, how you know which red dot is yours is so beyond me. Brandon can do it. I'm clueless! Oh well, at least I'm ok at Toy Story Mania!

After Buzz, we went on Space Mountain, which was a walk on! I'm telling you, I don't get people saying that night was crowded, because it was so not crowded for us! Maybe we were in the empty areas of the park? Haha I don't know! I didn't get any pictures, because I put my camera away all snuggly so I didn't lose it on Space, I'm SO paranoid of that! I'm so afraid my bag will fly out into the abyss and I'll never see my wallet, my phone, or my camera again! Or my glasses! That might be the worst...ugh, I can't even think about it!

We then made our way to Fantasyland, and saw that Pooh had no wait, so we went on that!

Always one of my favorites, it's just such a cute, sweet, happy little ride!

Of course, since I was obsessed with finding a way to get into New Fantasyland during AP previews, I checked to see if they were letting people in...they weren't. We didn't really know what to do next, and Brandon was getting tired and cranky, so we just walked through the castle to the front and tried to decide what to do.

Since we were basically IN the castle, I had to get a few more pics of it up close:

Haha are you guys tired of the Castle dream lights yet? I hope not!

I was getting kind of hungry by then, and even though it was well after midnight, I wanted to go to the Main Street Bakery. We had one of those ice cream cookie sandwiches on our last trip and I was hoping to get one again, they were so good, so we headed towards the bakery! On my way there, I turned around to take a picture of the statue with the Castle lit up in the back, sooo pretty!

Main Street looked absolutely beautiful late at night, with all the Christmas lights, I love it SO much! It is just so perfect when it's decorated for Christmas, it's so magical, it makes you feel like you are in another time!

Oh and see? Hardly anyone there!

Finally we reached the Bakery and got in line!

Brandon wanted each of us to get a cookie sandwich, but I thought that was insane, they are huge! I convinced him one would be good enough, and luckily he listened to me, because they are bigger than I remembered!

We grabbed a table and ate our yummy ice cream cookie sandwich!

It is SO ridiculously good! The cookie is like, the best chocolate chip cookie you've ever had, and the ice cream is the best vanilla ice cream ever! It's SO perfect, I love that you can just get this in Disney World at almost 1 am! I'm sad the Bakery will be closed in a couple of weeks when I'm there with my sister, because I love going there!

Once we were finished, Brandon was done, he was ready to go, and sadly, so was I! And not because I was so tired, I could have stayed up until 3, but I was so physically worn out, and my feet were really starting to hurt...not only that, but I knew we couldn't really sleep in the next day, so we sadly made our way out of the Magic Kingdom, my dreams of staying in the park until 3 am unrealized.

We waited for the ferry and luckily found a place to sit once we got on, because by then, my feet felt like they were actually going to shatter! We then got on tram and found our car in the Zurg lot, which was one of the only cars there. We drove back to POR and I soaked my feet for a few minutes in cold water and then propped them up on a pillow and passed out! I was so exhausted by the time we got back to POR, I just hoped I would get enough sleep so I was rested the next day!

Up next...Animal Kingdom

Oh, and I'll leave you guys with one last picture of the beautiful Castle that I put on Instagram:

Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #336
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Great update! I love MK EMH. There is something so great about MK at night (or in the day, or any time really lol). I am not sick of seeing the castle pictures, I could look at them all day!! That cookie sandwich looks delicious - and huge! It's too bad that you didn't get to stay until 3am, but it sounds like you had a good night, and your body could use the rest!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #337
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oh I LOVE EMH @ MK!
I took DH to see the Tiki room because I felt like it's just something you had to see at some point. We agreed it's terrible but it was necessary.
I do love the Peoplemover!
I am loving all the Christmas lights pictures. So gorgeous... Oh I need to get back there at Christmas time!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #338
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I swear I could ride the TTA all day,okay maybe only half the day then I'd spend the other half of the day on Soarin over n over n over again

Old 02-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #339
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Mark said to tell you that the reason Pirates was closed is because you were being punished for saying mean things about his Tiki Birds. He loves that corny show and I grudingly go once a year with him to see it (and it is a good spot to cool off for a bit).

We didn't do anything EMH's at night in December because they didn't coordinate with our schedule so I don't know how the crowds were. I do know that we got alot done on the party night though.

You got great shots of the iced castle.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #340
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

The Peoplemover! The Dreamlights! The chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich! The Extra Magic Hours! So many of my favorite things in one post...well done!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #341
MEK
DIS Veteran

What? I missed an update???? I'll be back when I can see the pix!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #342
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I love all the castle pictures. There's nothing like seeing the castle all lit up at night. Beautiful!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #343
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of the castle up close are simply amazing!

Staying up in the park until 3am is hard!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #344
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Hahaha, I'm sorry, I totally laughed at the Tiki Room thing. Matt grew up LOVING it, but hasn't insisted that we go see it yet. Maybe when we go again and we want some AC? But that didn't sound like a ton of fun! You were nice and probably wise not to rub it in Brandon's face though, hahaha.

I've never seen Pirates closed either! That is a mega bummer, it's one of my favorites to go on at night! Which I know sounds weird since it's indoors but I love MK at night plus Adventureland, so basically it's just fun.

PEOPLEMOVER! I've always loved this one a lot but on our recent trip I wanted to ride it over and over again! Seriously. It's just got everything.

Haha I'm sorry about Buzz! I love that one, too! Matt is meh about it, but rides it because I always want to. I just love shooting the laser, though half the time I do bad, then sometimes I'll randomly hit one of the 100,000 targets and do well! I need to do some studying of those targets before our next trip!

Winnie the Pooh is one of my favorites ever.

I love the castle all lit up. It's so beautiful and perfect!

OH THAT ICE CREAM SANDWICH!! When I read it just now on your TR, I told Matt we need to get that next trip since MSB will be open again!

Sometimes you just hit a wall and your plans to stay late don't work about, but midnight is darn good! We've never gone when the parks are open later, so I've only ever stayed til like... 9 or 10, hahaha. But there is nothing worse than when your feet are just HURTING and all you want is to be back in your room and not walk anymore.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #345
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I need to see what time we actually left on my photo time stamps, but it was awful in tomorrowland and we gave up. I think in the first hour. I know I wasn't feeling well too, so maybe that magnified the crowds in my mind.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: